• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] New Zealand vs. Australia in Wellington (24/08/2013)

Nonu is a thug/dumbass imo. And now that Tom Taylor is out for three weeks, he can breathe a sigh of relief of retaining his jersey, because they can't afford to lose his experience now. His stupid no arm tackles and dumass hospital passes would cause any other team the game. He constantly rushes up from the line, only to miss, jeopardising the defence. Sick of all his selfish/boneheaded plays. I'd rather have anyone else there at 12.

Respect!

Interesting enough I agree with most people about Bakkies being a good old ****.

BUT:

Burger's eye gouge was insanely stupid, but if you take that out of the picture I don't think he is that dirty a player, just a really hard one. If you go and compare him to his dad (who is a gigantic c...) he is a sweet little angel.

Etzebeth is still young and hot headed, he is busy cooling down, doesn't deserve the "thug" ***le either.

Players like Butch James, Dean Greyling and Willie Wepener on the other hand... Now those, those are thugs.

Every nation has it's crappy players, so don't be too quick to point out all of ours :)

EDIT:

Even though this saddens me and I like him as a rugby player, Coenie Oosthuizen can be a gigantic douchebag. Allegedly.

Interesting enough I agree with most people about Bakkies being a good old ****.

BUT:

Burger's eye gouge was insanely stupid, but if you take that out of the picture I don't think he is that dirty a player, just a really hard one. If you go and compare him to his dad (who is a gigantic c...) he is a sweet little angel.

Etzebeth is still young and hot headed, he is busy cooling down, doesn't deserve the "thug" ***le either.

Players like Butch James, Dean Greyling and Willie Wepener on the other hand... Now those, those are thugs.

Every nation has it's crappy players, so don't be too quick to point out all of ours :)

EDIT:

Even though this saddens me and I like him as a rugby player, Coenie Oosthuizen can be a gigantic douchebag. Allegedly.
Agreed. Don't like Etzebeth's hot-headedness; but not a thug yet imo.

BUt yeah, agreed on Greyling and Butch James though, same cloth as Bakkies.

BUT:

Every nation has it's crappy players, so don't be too quick to point out all of ours .

Thing is though Sker, you don't find many Kiwis defending the thuggery of players like Nonu, Guthrie and Flavell. Those that do are just dick-heads.

But on forums like this, we keep running into idiots like sifplay who defend them; who seem to genuinely believe that thugs like Bakkies were only doing their job, cleaning out rucks and being hard man "enforcers". There is a world of difference between being an "enforcer" (like Jerome Kaino, Jerry Collins, Schalk Burger or Rocky Elsom) and using your head as a weapon by deliberately targeting an opponent's head the way Bakkies did. It happened way too often to be accidental, a one-off or a co-incidence.

I think Bakkies is very lucky that his test career wasn't played under the under the current TMO protocols where the referee can go to the TMO for foul play, because he would have been red-carded a lot more often. At the very least, both his flying head-butt on Gio Aplon and his cowardly head-butt to the back of Jimmy Cowan's skull would have resulted in a red card for sure.

For NZ's next match I'd like to see a line up of:

1 Crockett
2 Coles
3 Franks (or Faumuina if Franks is injured)
4 Retalick
5 Whitelock
6 Messam
7 McCaw
8 Read
9 Kerr-Barlow
10 Carter
11 Savea
12 Saili
13 Smith
14 Smith
15 Dagg
16 Mealamu
17 Woodcock
18 Franks (or Afeaki is O Franks is injured)
19 Luatua
20 Cane
21 Perenara
22 Barrett
23 Nonu

1 Crockett
2 Coles
4 Retalick
5 Whitelock
6 Messam
7 McCaw
8 Read
9 Kerr-Barlow
10 Carter
11 Savea
12 Saili
13 Smith
14 Smith
15 Dagg
16 Mealamu
17 Woodcock
19 Luatua
20 Cane
21 Perenara
22 Barrett
23 Nonu

yip good call. on only thing is IMO Hore is defiantly ahead of Mealamu, Hore and Coles to share gameday duties.

Carter and Barrett should be fit, expect Messam to be as well.

I liked Piutau's energy off the bench and generally think Nonu though still good every once in a while is a bit of a dead end selection. There are genuine reasons why no super rugby team in NZ wants him. Could see in the last test as the game went on and Aussie were still in it he started to get ****ly and out came the shoulder charge. I want to see Saili get some game time.

Nonu though still good every once in a while is a bit of a dead end selection. There are genuine reasons why no super rugby team in NZ wants him.

I don't neccesarily disagree with you, BUT, I think any talk on Nonu should acknowledge the many genuine reasons why he is wanted at All Black level. I'd start him again, but bring Saili on for 30min or so if the game is under control! The ABs need to look at blooding a ouple new 12s. Taylor is obviously another option but the dreaded 10 curse put pay to his chances for this RC by the looks!

1 Crockett
2 Coles
4 Retalick
5 Whitelock
6 Messam
7 McCaw
8 Read
9 Kerr-Barlow
10 Carter
11 Savea
12 Saili
13 Smith
14 Smith
15 Dagg
16 Mealamu
17 Woodcock
19 Luatua
20 Cane
21 Perenara
22 Barrett
23 Nonu

Other than Nonu v Saili I agree with you! I think so long as Messam is 100% he should start, if only to make sure he stays in the swing of things. Luatua offers locking cover so is a good fit on the bench and deserves a bit of a rest after two massive performances. I think Kerr Barlow starting is a good call. Smith has been massive and it would be good to take a chance on KB in arguably the easiest game of the RC for the ABs (htink they will play A Smith off the bench though!). I'd consider giving McCaw a start off the bench and Cane some game time as well.

This is definately a good chance for the ABs to give some of the younger fullahs some game time. I'd love to see Piatau get 30min as well! But probably not room for Saili and Piatau on the same bench!

Just to wind Smartcooky up (who will probably make me pay dearly with IRB laws and videos), how about Colin Meads and what he did to Ken Catchpole? Would that be classified as an act of thuggery?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Catchpole
Kevin Skinner? Tana and Mealamu on O Driscoll for eye balling the Haka?
I could make a list from any country. In the end one got to look at the circumstances as in those days players like Flavell or Botha would have been part of folklore as they were not such as pussy's as the overgrown beasts of today.

If you really want to ask SmartCooky ask him why he not mention anything about the Kiwi try that came from the ball coming out the otherside of the scrum in the first test? Or why NZ players are allowed to roll to opposition side and cutting of space and attacking paths where to Australia must role back to their side only?

Its becoming a farce! Laughing stock at the way they are allowed to use illegal tactics to spoil the oppositions attack. 19 -6 penalty count? Why don't they get binned like any other team who gives away less penalties than that in games?

I could make a list from any country. In the end one got to look at the circumstances as in those days players like Flavell or Botha would have been part of folklore as they were not such as pussy's as the overgrown beasts of today.

If you really want to ask SmartCooky ask him why he not mention anything about the Kiwi try that came from the ball coming out the otherside of the scrum in the first test? Or why NZ players are allowed to roll to opposition side and cutting of space and attacking paths where to Australia must role back to their side only?

Its becoming a farce! Laughing stock at the way they are allowed to use illegal tactics to spoil the oppositions attack. 19 -6 penalty count? Why don't they get binned like any other team who gives away less penalties than that in games?

The penalty count was actually 16-9..... And it was Australia that conceded the 16 penalties. Nice try though.

Y
ou know what. I didn't want to comment about the game, Peyper's performance left me extremely angry on Saturday night although we have been dubbed a pack of whingers by NZ, I really don't want to take away from the All Blacks, yes they are a good team, however rather than whinging, I wanted to highlight a few things that annoyed me about Peyper's decision making ability:

- both teams were offside all night, not just the Wallabies. Both teams recognised Peyper's lazy policing of the line and took advantage of it.
- Moore dotted the ball down over the line, the only reason I can think of him not using the TMO was if he saw a clear knock on, he didn't indicate that the balls was lost fwd and the replay showed nothing to suggest it. should have gone to the TMO who would have awarded the try.
- Nonu shoulder charge. Rules are rules, nonu should have been gone for 10, and Peyper didn't see anything. It was right in front of him.
- Mowen penalised for holding onto retallick after a ruck. happens often during most games, a little bit of rough stuff as players are getting to their feet after the ball is cleared, nothing in it, play on.
- Australia penalised for collapsing when it was in fact Franks that lost his footing which brought down the scrum. Peyper was on the other side of the scrum when he made the call which resulted in 3 points to NZ.

I'm not having a go at NZ so please don't come back with counter arguments. I'm not saying he favoured NZ, it's merely my observation of where Peyper wrongly penalised Australia which may or may not have have influenced the result of the game.

Are you sure you're not a woman?

you ***** and moan just like one, on menopause!!

Geez, just stop, you are giving me a headache!!

Y
ou know what. I didn't want to comment about the game, Peyper's performance left me extremely angry on Saturday night although we have been dubbed a pack of whingers by NZ, I really don't want to take away from the All Blacks, yes they are a good team, however rather than whinging, I wanted to highlight a few things that annoyed me about Peyper's decision making ability:

- both teams were offside all night, not just the Wallabies. Both teams recognised Peyper's lazy policing of the line and took advantage of it.
- Moore dotted the ball down over the line, the only reason I can think of him not using the TMO was if he saw a clear knock on, he didn't indicate that the balls was lost fwd and the replay showed nothing to suggest it. should have gone to the TMO who would have awarded the try.
- Nonu shoulder charge. Rules are rules, nonu should have been gone for 10, and Peyper didn't see anything. It was right in front of him.
- Mowen penalised for holding onto retallick after a ruck. happens often during most games, a little bit of rough stuff as players are getting to their feet after the ball is cleared, nothing in it, play on.
- Australia penalised for collapsing when it was in fact Franks that lost his footing which brought down the scrum. Peyper was on the other side of the scrum when he made the call which resulted in 3 points to NZ.

I'm not having a go at NZ so please don't come back with counter arguments. I'm not saying he favoured NZ, it's merely my observation of where Peyper wrongly penalised Australia which may or may not have have influenced the result of the game.
The judgement calls are not the problem. One can accept that. But the tackler not rolling away and cutting of Genia? We all know Aus like to play of him so NZ makes a tackle and they create a camp for the Aus 9 which he can't much anything. Its illegal what they did and they are allowed to do it where are teams ain't.
vlcsnap-2013-08-26-03h44m46s137_zps69b06cfb.png

vlcsnap-2013-08-26-03h25m16s170_zpsd2a6bcd2.png
vlcsnap-2013-08-26-03h22m18s113_zpsf27694fe.png

The Aussie rucks are filed with it. Tackler can just lay there like they want.. That was in the first test. And NZ supporters should not say its whining because in 2003 they were going on about England doing it. Suddenly when they are allowed to do it its whining bs sour grapes etc etc. Why all of a sudden its totally alright to do it now yet back then it was wrong?
Are you sure you're not a woman?

you ***** and moan just like one, on menopause!!

Geez, just stop, you are giving me a headache!!
Is that what your husband told you last night? Tell it to someone who gives a f***

Last edited:
The penalty count was actually 16-9..... And it was Australia that conceded the 16 penalties. Nice try though.
So you disagree this is not repeated infringements

All Blacks
05:41 - off side - red zone
20:56 - (general play) deliberate knock down - ben smith - just outside the ABs 22
23:40 - (breakdown) not releasing tackler - aaron smith - red zone
44:20 - (breakdown) holding onto ball - aaron smith - 15mtrs in the wallabies half
45:40 - (breakdown) off their feet - McCaw - red zone
56:16 - (general play) offside - all defenders on their left - red zone

How many YC in the game now again?

honest question: what happens if genia plays the ball from the back of the ruck and pretends to accidentally trip over the All Blacks player lying down in a offside position as shown in those pictures? is it a penalty? or play on? what if genia plays the balls and stomps on the all black player lying in an offside position? does he get a red card?

Just to wind Smartcooky up (who will probably make me pay dearly with IRB laws and videos), how about Colin Meads and what he did to Ken Catchpole? Would that be classified as an act of thuggery?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Catchpole

I actually remember that. I was 13 years old at the time.

It was an appalling act of thuggery by today's standards, but it was a different time then.

These days, that would cop a red card and a length suspension.

honest question: what happens if genia plays the ball from the back of the ruck and pretends to accidentally trip over the All Blacks player lying down in a offside position as shown in those pictures? is it a penalty? or play on? what if genia plays the balls and stomps on the all black player lying in an offside position? does he get a red card?

It depends on whether the players being off-side are wearing black shorts and jerseys or not.

Probably be a scrum feed to the Wallbies for the former. For the latter, it would depend on how the incident occurred. Did he look down then stamp, or did he run over them? If it was obviously intentional it might get a card, otherwise probably play on/scrum or a penalty against Genia depending on how deliberate it was.

The judgement calls are not the problem. <irrelevant b.o.l.l.o.c.k.s. snipped>

The trouble is sifplay, what you fail to understand is that a still photo of just about any tackle/ruck can show anything you want it to show, just by you freeze framing it in the right place. You don't even have to cherry pick the tackle/rucks very carefully. It took me about two minutes to find these three.

CP1.png

CP2.png

CP3.png

Then again, you're probably too simple to understand such a simple concept!

Sifplay, I've come to the conclusion that you're a lightweight. You are a long way out of your depth here. You'd be better off back at Planet Rugby with all the other morons. You bring nothing to the table, and your posts are mostly repeated pieces of nonsense, half-truths and irrelevances, (a.k.a Gish Gallop).

Original thoughts? Not so much.

It depends on whether the players being off-side are wearing black shorts and jerseys or not.

I agree.

If you are wearing black shorts and jerseys, opposition fans expect you to instantly disappear into thin air, and they get p.i.s.s.e.d. off with the referee and make whinging videos on G&GR complaining about how you get "special treatment".

However if you are wearing green shorts and gold jerseys, you can stay there as along as you like and the idiot video maker at G&GR says...... nothing!

Its even better for you though, if you are lucky enough to be wearing white shorts and green jerseys. Not only can you stay there as long as you like, you can take up residence and claim that God gave you the right to be there.

Latest posts