• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] New Zealand vs. Australia in Wellington (24/08/2013)

You feed the troll and it grows stronger...

Anyway, to a logical non-troll; @InsaneAsylum; yeah I thought Nonu deserved punishment there. And Moore's attempt at the line was a bit suspect for me (double movement a thing? either way, a) it didn't look like he had control and b) was it on the line?). In saying that though, definitely warranted a look at, but it was penalty to the Wallabies and he probably didn't think it warranted a look in (though I would've checked, try or no try, and if not then go to the penalty).

I agree.

If you are wearing black shorts and jerseys, opposition fans expect you to instantly disappear into thin air, and they get p.i.s.s.e.d. off with the referee and make whinging videos on G&GR complaining about how you get "special treatment".

However if you are wearing green shorts and gold jerseys, you can stay there as along as you like and the idiot video maker at G&GR says...... nothing!

Its even better for you though, if you are lucky enough to be wearing white shorts and green jerseys. Not only can you stay there as long as you like, you can take up residence and claim that God gave you the right to be there.

Also I don't see anyone complaining when Argentina gets penalized more than the team resulting in no cards (game 1 or game 2). Or why weren't there any Aussies or Lions players carded after this 20+ penalty count game!!!?!?!?!??!And ZOMG England got away with t3h murda!!!

Oh wait, there's no agenda I see which fits the "narrative".

I get it now.....

Last edited:
So you disagree this is not repeated infringements

No he is just pointing out ANOTHER occasion where you have no idea what you are talking about!!

Its becoming a farce! Laughing stock at the way they are allowed to use illegal tactics to spoil the oppositions attack. 19 -6 penalty count? Why don't they get binned like any other team who gives away less penalties than that in games?

Correction - You are becoming a farce!! Just to reiterate it was a 16 - 9 penalty count again Australia (or 16 - 8 depending on what site you look at). Hence your argument is complete nonsense!

Honestly, how often does this guy actually check his facts before going on another whinge?

You feed the troll and it grows stronger...

Yes I know - I'm ignoring him from now on.

Last edited:
Weren't Oz pinged in the scrums more as well; I mean you can almost subtract those from the penalty count IMO. Not an outrageous difference when you factr in that the home team AND dominant team will inevitably also get a biit of the rub of the calls generally speaking.

Weren't Oz pinged in the scrums more as well; I mean you can almost subtract those from the penalty count IMO. Not an outrageous difference when you factr in that the home team AND dominant team will inevitably also get a biit of the rub of the calls generally speaking.

And, of course, if you keep getting pinged for the same things in the scrums, then surely those are repeat offences?

And, of course, if you keep getting pinged for the same things in the scrums, then surely those are repeat offences?
Yeah but are they wearing black? If no, then it's ok and we shan't whine about it. If yes, then they need to be arrested, and sentenced to a capital punishment of our choosing.

Just a few game stats (courtesy of Haka.co.nz):

[TABLE="class: tablestyle_4, align: center"]
[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #8B9671, colspan: 3, align: left"]NZ Penalty Offences[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tackled player[/TD]
[TD]A Smith[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tackler not rolling[/TD]
[TD]Whitelock, A Smith[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Going off feet[/TD]
[TD]Dagg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Offside from kick[/TD]
[TD]Dagg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Offside general play[/TD]
[TD]C Smith[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scrum[/TD]
[TD]Crockett[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Deliberate knock down[/TD]
[TD]B Smith[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TOTAL[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: tablestyle_4, align: center"]
[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #8B9671, colspan: 2, align: left"]Wallabies Penalty Offences[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tackled player[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tackler[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ruck hands[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ruck off feet[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Offside from Kick[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Holding player back[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scrum[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Obstruction[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TOTAL[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]16[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

This is not to say that the AB's should not have been yellow carded for repeated infringements, rather to show how ridiculous it would be to imply that the AB's where the only team that was repeatedly infringing (as indeed Australia were penalized at the tackle twice as often as the AB's).

Blatant infringements in the 'red zone' (aka 'professional fouls') are another matter altogether. I agree these warrant straight yellow cards, and there were several occasions where I believe AB's should have been yellow carded. However there were at least as many occasions that Australian players performed similar professional fouls - anyone who thinks that the AB's were the only team guilty of this needs to watch the game again!

Does anyone think they'll stick with Nonu? Saw his post match interview and he was ****** with how he played. I think it's time for a change and to give Saili a go against Argentina.

If you are wearing black shorts and jerseys, opposition fans expect you to instantly disappear into thin air, and they get p.i.s.s.e.d. off with the referee and make whinging videos on G&GR complaining about how you get "special treatment".

However if you are wearing green shorts and gold jerseys, you can stay there as along as you like and the idiot video maker at G&GR says...... nothing!

Its even better for you though, if you are lucky enough to be wearing white shorts and green jerseys. Not only can you stay there as long as you like, you can take up residence and claim that God gave you the right to be there.

I frequent both foxsports.com.au and G&GR to read articles, watch rugbyhq each week and listen to kearnsy, kafe, marto and co commentating. I fully agree, all of these sites or TV shows/commentary are totally biased towards Australia. Kearnsy and Marto are the equivalent of bill and tony commentating the cricket, their sole purpose is entertainment factor, not accuracy in calling the game. It's supposed to be a bit of light hearted, locker room banter, not a serious analysis of the game.

Nonetheless, they are Aussie sites/shows with the sole intention of appealing to Aussie rugby fans. I'm unsure if there's a kiwi equivalent to G&GR but if there is, i'm sure it has a distinct All Black flavour and so it should, it's made for kiwis. I know you guys have your equivalent to rugbyhq on sky, but I don't expect them to discus the intricacies of the Wallabies on the show, nor should it.

I don't believe the analysis on GAGR is as blatant as you put it, Scott Allen seems to have some very good insights as to how we can improve our game.

that deliberate knock down was a harsh call during a tackle. I doubt that was the players intention.

Aussies were the first team to get away with a deliberate infringement in the red zone with just a penalty. it goes both ways.

and then there was the forward pass call for a ball that looked fine denying a deserving AB try from a ben smith break that would have put Conrad under the posts. The ref should have at least let it go then gone upstairs where it should have then been given. That was a bad call.

Does anyone think they'll stick with Nonu? Saw his post match interview and he was ****** with how he played. I think it's time for a change and to give Saili a go against Argentina.
They probably will. For experience, loyalty.....or something....

Honestly, I want us to get new blood into that 12 jersey if we;'re not gonna put Carter there. Crotty, Saili or an experiment with Ben Smith in that slot would be more desirable in my eyes.

wow

did taylor top the tackle count for the all blacks? that and at least one was a dead set try saver.

They have to stick with him as our depth at 12 isnt that great. Despite what some people say on this forum he is still a world class 12, and the only 12 in NZ we have with international experience. I would keep him in but bring Saili on early in the next game so long as we are up.

They have to stick with him as our depth at 12 isnt that great. Despite what some people say on this forum he is still a world class 12, and the only 12 in NZ we have with international experience. I would keep him in but bring Saili on early in the next game so long as we are up.
I wouldn't say world class anymore though. Solid? Maybe. But too prone to bonehead mistakes to warrant the world class ***le.

I wouldn't say world class anymore though. Solid? Maybe. But too prone to bonehead mistakes to warrant the world class ***le.

It's the bone head "flagrant fouls" that get me. Hence why I keep banging on about stuff going on behind the scenes. He never used to do that kind of crap, and now he seems to do it instinctively!
Anyway he is for sure not what he used to be but I have high hopes he can get back to his form of old, but in the mean time he is still an integral piece to the ABs back line. He knows the structure inside out, he knows his role, he performs it well and we don't really have any serious alterntative at this stage.

World class? I take your point, I would still argue he is. I mean he makes the best team in the world for a start, and I still think he plays solidly in that team, so I would still say he is a world class player. What teams wouldn't start him? SA I guess, but that's about it I'd say!

It's the bone head "flagrant fouls" that get me. Hence why I keep banging on about stuff going on behind the scenes. He never used to do that kind of crap, and now he seems to do it instinctively!
Anyway he is for sure not what he used to be but I have high hopes he can get back to his form of old, but in the mean time he is still an integral piece to the ABs back line. He knows the structure inside out, he knows his role, he performs it well and we don't really have any serious alterntative at this stage.

World class? I take your point, I would still argue he is. I mean he makes the best team in the world for a start, and I still think he plays solidly in that team, so I would still say he is a world class player. What teams wouldn't start him? SA I guess, but that's about it I'd say!

I actually think going back to the Hurricanes would do him the world of good. I guess he had one bad game, he was ok in the first test and good against France. Still, he's no Rene Ranger

Well like you said, we don't have great depth. :p

But I get your point. To me, just stop with the mistakes and dumb moves and I';ll be okay with him. I don't even need him to have a cracking game, just not to have a stupid one.

I actually think going back to the Hurricanes would do him the world of good. I guess he had one bad game, he was ok in the first test and good against France. Still, he's no Rene Ranger

Yup! In all seriousness I think he needs his Mum around him. She keeps him in line!

Wouldn't Tom Taylor be the prefect replacement for Nonu at 12 once carter, cruden and barrett return? seems to have showed a bit of promise at test level at 12 is his position at the crusaders right?

Nonu is a strange cat, so much talent that he's awesome, probably one of the most dangerous players when he has the ball, but he flushes it down the toilet with his lack of discipline. There was recent talk about "the rebels should sign him" as he is not contracted. I hope not, we just got rid of Cipriani, O'Connor and Beale.

Wouldn't Tom Taylor be the prefect replacement for Nonu at 12 once carter, cruden and barrett return? seems to have showed a bit of promise at test level at 12 is his position at the crusaders right?

Nonu is a strange cat, so much talent that he's awesome, probably one of the most dangerous players when he has the ball, but he flushes it down the toilet with his lack of discipline. There was recent talk about "the rebels should sign him" as he is not contracted. I hope not, we just got rid of Cipriani, O'Connor and Beale.
Brilliant Idea! Rebels sign him > magically turns into a Wallaby > can throw intercept passes to Savea > Profit!

Latest posts