• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Lions vs. Highlanders (Semi-Final 2) 30/07/2016

You, out of all people, telling someone else to get off his/her high horse...
They should put that quote next to Merriam Webster's definition of irony.

Strictly speaking, you said "we all", which includes me.

You took my quote out of context.

Go look again, my bias remark was specifically aimed at austingtir's post, not you or anyone else.

To then attack me personally and single me out, is uncalled for.

You took my quote out of context.

Go look again, my bias remark was specifically aimed at austingtir's post, not you or anyone else.

To then attack me personally and single me out, is uncalled for.

Can you girls take this somewhere else ?

I suggest a sleepover where you braid each others hair and paint your nails.

So basically you are saying that every person in South Africa, has now an emotional attachment towards the Lions, because they are the only SA team left in the competition, and no matter what our opinions are, and how much merit our arguments are, it's null and void because of our "attachments".

But you on the other hand, who calls himself neutral, seems to always align yourself with just one side.

The Lions game was a disapointment for me too. They shouldn't have taken off Jaco Kriel and Faf de Klerk 60 minutes into the game. They should've kept their stars on the field and kept on scoring tries and decamate the Highlanders because that's what "neutrals" want to see. The Lions shouldn't have rested their stars because player welfare isn't a concern and consolidation of an unassailable lead shouldn't be on their minds.

I get it.

See! you clearly DO care. I don't. I live in nether country, and just want to see a close rugby match. The competition has a difficult time making that happen which we all seem to agree is understandable. That is why the disappointment. Lions games weren't close at all. Pretty one sided to be fair to them.

Having just watched the Chiefs Canes match for the first time, I'd suggest the Lions have a decent chance as long as their forwards can manage the long flight. I think that is where they might win the match.

Canes, for me, are lucky to be in the final too.... But hey, that's just my opinion. As a neutral. Did you want to take that up with me as well? Defender of the Realm?

Last edited:
Deleted---

EDIT:
@TRF_heineken
You know what, fair enough, i overreacted, apologies. I still believe you did pretty much the same, but that's no excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts