• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] New Zealand vs. Australia in Wellington (24/08/2013)

http://tvnz.co.nz/all-blacks/nonu-may-get-nod-northern-sabbatical-5551498

not good news for nonu at all, unwanted by everyone pretty much! NZRU declined tamati ellisons request to come back to the highlanders next year as he chose not to play itm cup but rather play in japan, tough approach shown especially for such a great player. correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure faifili levave was allowed to play for the hurricanes in 2013 after missing the 2012 itm cup to play in japan... double standards?

in good news fairfax media seems to know francis saili is going to start at 12 for the all blacks against argentina. pretty excited to see him lineup in between carter and conrad smith

http://tvnz.co.nz/all-blacks/nonu-may-get-nod-northern-sabbatical-5551498

not good news for nonu at all, unwanted by everyone pretty much! NZRU declined tamati ellisons request to come back to the highlanders next year as he chose not to play itm cup but rather play in japan, tough approach shown especially for such a great player. correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure faifili levave was allowed to play for the hurricanes in 2013 after missing the 2012 itm cup to play in japan... double standards?

in good news fairfax media seems to know francis saili is going to start at 12 for the all blacks against argentina. pretty excited to see him lineup in between carter and conrad smith

I get why Ellison isn't being allowed back - but you are right that its tough, especially when Nonu will be taking a sebatical (cause his form and attitude is so bad that nobody wants him) which means he won't be playing pretty much any club rugby next season but will still likely be in the All Blacks..

I hope Saili gets to start - certainly has more promise than Crotty imho.

You probably read the same article as I did, and it was particularly unclear on whether Crotty was selected ahead of Saili.
No, didn't get my info from an article. The word I'm hearing is that Crotty and Carter have the inside running at 12. Saili's D is the issue!

No, didn't get my info from an article. The word I'm hearing is that Crotty and Carter have the inside running at 12. Saili's D is the issue!

Interesting, that's a contrast to what's being reported in the news... Who's your source?

Interesting, that's a contrast to what's being reported in the news... Who's your source?
Yeah I saw on the news they are saying Saili. I heard this from a mate who is a rugby journo. He may well be wrong, will just have to wait and see. He tends to be right more often than not though.
Saili has had a couple of good ITM cup games (from what I have seen) I must admit. If it were a big game then I think the ABs would go with the stability (particularly the D) of Carter or Crotty, however against Argentina at home, they may well be keen to take a risk.
I'd probably prefer Saili in this game just to check him out at this level!

Latest posts