• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 TRC] Australia vs South Africa - 17/08/24

Kriel arguing with the referee over the most blatant forward pass you will see this year
He shouldn't have argued that, but the second Aus defender dove in from an offside position and grabbed PSDTs arm while diving/on the ground, resulting in that forward pass. Should've been contesting that tbh.

That Springbok team, as a neutral, really annoys me. People pay good money to go to these test matches and they don't expect to see International sides not putting their best team out when they are able to do so. To me that's why, as a tournament, the 6 Nations will always be a better watch. SA have always had a half-hearted attitude to this tournament and stuff like this shows it.
Oh this aged so well, Nooo South Africa puts out a C team for the wallabies, they won't get their monies worth, cause Australia will just beat the replacement team... I think if you can see the Gulf In class you must build your squad. The rugby championship has historically been the competition with the strongest teams.

I hope Australia can recover, we all need a strong Australia in Rugby union.

What are you on about! Wallabies didn't put in one single straight line out and got away with murder and you blame the ref who lets yellow players neck roll and shoulder charge etc etc without penalty. Get those blinkers off, mate.
I don't get how you guys have such a well developed personality of victimhood. It just makes absolutely no sense.

I don't get how you guys have such a well developed personality of victimhood. It just makes absolutely no sense.
You post here often. You would know that @TRF_stormer2010 doesn't post like that, or have that approach. You've just responded with a generic SA stereotype after doing the same thing you are accusing him of.

Generally there were a fair few things just let go, but wouldn't say there was bias in it.

Wha

What are you on about! Wallabies didn't put in one single straight line out and got away with murder and you blame the ref who lets yellow players neck roll and shoulder charge etc etc without penalty. Get those blinkers off, mate.
if referees call pedantic things. . . ******** ruining the flow of the game and making it about themself. Referees don't call pedantic things . . . cheating ******** favoring the better side.

Agree to disagree. Not like it makes a difference.

Oh this aged so well, Nooo South Africa puts out a C team for the wallabies, they won't get their monies worth, cause Australia will just beat the replacement team... I think if you can see the Gulf In class you must build your squad. The rugby championship has historically been the competition with the strongest teams.

I hope Australia can recover, we all need a strong Australia in Rugby union.
I don't think this will happen. We might get better than we are now but I doubt we'll ever be good enough to finish better than 3rd in the RC.

Some outrageous calls against Australia. Springboks too good anyway.

I don't think my intention came across and I do apologize for my tone.

My intention is to to say that I believe the refereeing was a bit laisez fair on both sides and I could come in with as many examples of SA not getting a call their way as Aussie. I will say though I think had Aus kicked the one penalty more and SA gotten our first try disallowed for Fassi being ahead of Mapimpi on the kick (marginal but I wouldn't have complained) it might have been a whole different game and I can see Aus getting in ahead of Argentina in 1 game and perhaps scare NZ if they aren't careful and Aus have the bounce go your way.

So long story short- my intent was not to say that the ref screwed us but that he didn't screw Aus.
if referees call pedantic things. . . ******** ruining the flow of the game and making it about themself. Referees don't call pedantic things . . . cheating ******** favoring the better side.
I would disagree. IMO the best rugby is played when referees do blow up even slight infringements especially at rucks and are hard nosed. The critical thing here is consistency and communicating the intent to be hard on infringements at the get-go. That is the way you see fast paced rucks and free flowing games. ATM I would go as far as saying the non-pedantic approach actually helps us and Ireland the most as currently we are the best at pushing the boundaries WRT slowing down opposition rucks.

With trying to "let the game flow" there is too much room for interpretation and the ref has more to consider and that is also where inconsistency comes in. And giving leeway to players slows the rucks and that is where the game speeds up or not.

Latest posts