• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 TRC] New Zealand vs Argentina - 17/08/24

A shame it was wet. Was always going to be an easy win in the wet.
Argentina mistakes. Scrums. Easy.
Would have preferred more of a challenge.
Also disappointing that we couldn't even win the second half.

I am sure the next one will be a challenge v the Boks.

A shame it was wet. Was always going to be an easy win in the wet.
Argentina mistakes. Scrums. Easy.
Would have preferred more of a challenge.
Also disappointing that we couldn't even win the second half.
Agree with that. Argentina's Scrum has significantly regressed from what it used to be. The Argentina of old would have made it an absolutely horrible game for the ABs in those conditions. I don't enjoy test matches like that, there's nothing in them.

Agree with that. Argentina's Scrum has significantly regressed from what it used to be. The Argentina of old would have made it an absolutely horrible game for the ABs in those conditions. I don't enjoy test matches like that, there's nothing in them.
Contempomi fielded 5 backrowers and gallo who cant srum. He bet everything to different scenario. It paid of in the first game: fast ball, super mobility pack, rush defence. But under wet conditions it was hell. Scrums, mauls, pick and go. Pack wasnt heavy enough fot that. once sclavi, vivas, lavanini and molina came in things got better. With a more suited pack it would have been a different game. Also with this pack going backwards the scrum half and fly half had a hard time, no space to play. and they could not cope, they are not that good.

I am sure the next one will be a challenge v the Boks.
yes, but i was hoping we would get a challenge BEFORE playing the boks. Still, at least the first boks game is at Ellis park. I don't have any stats but i feel like the all blacks do well at altitude and in particular at Ellis park. Could be wrong.

Also, was just hoping we would get a challenge against the Pumas so we could get a better gauge on imporvements from last week.

Well, ABs will have these two tests in SA to find out where they really are this early in Razor's tenure. Looking forward to it.

Latest posts