• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

Anyone know if the England New Zealand game highlights will be on tv at all? I've had a quick google but couldn't see anything. I can't really afford the £40 to watch two games, it's a joke.

Now TV are doing the sports day pass for £15. Which gives you the England, Ireland and Wales games for the day.

£30 for six matches not sure i can sell it to the other half as it's only £5 a match. Probably need to see if Ireland and Wales are being shown elsewhere.

That's such an extortionate rate, how can they justify charging about 50% more than a month of any streaming service just for one day
I won't be paying it, that's for sure

Please save us, Jeff Bezos - you're our only hope

That's such an extortionate rate, how can they justify charging about 50% more than a month of any streaming service just for one day
I won't be paying it, that's for sure

Please save us, Jeff Bezos - you're our only hope
Split between either TNT Sport or amazon for England games would be perfect. Amazon the best way to make it more accessible to the no rugby public.

I've got Sky Sports in my normal package, so can watch all of the matches.
I can't see any other way to watch other than those already suggested 😕

If Obano had been initially named in the squad then he'd be available for the coming game, right?

Not a criticism, just pointing out one of those unfortunate things.

I really rate Manny but didn't think we'd be in a situation when our 6th choice LH gets called up. Thats some crazy depth.

Marler
Genge
Obano
Baxter
Rodd
Manny
What's up with Rodd?

Ignore, realised it's squad cover not match cover.

So after the summer tests, it feels like England have got plenty of positives to build on.

Positives:
  1. Defence is improving, and while not perfect it definitely doesn't feel like a weak point anymore.
  2. Baxter held his own and had a very positive series.
  3. Locks went very well and we really disrupted the opposing libe out.
  4. Underhill and Cunningham-South worked well in the backrow.
  5. Smith looked good overall and hopefully can keep developing to match his potential.
  6. Freeman and Feyi-Waboso look like an excellent wing combo.
  7. Furbank at FB improved England's attack.
  8. Mitchell looks like a clear no.1.
Concerns:
  1. The back row still doesn't look balanced and Curry for me either starts or doesn't play. He's not an impact player at international level. Earl looked tired and I think it was a mistake always subbing underhill (though I do wonder if it's pre-planned so he can hit as hard as possible for 50 minutes).
  2. While George still plays well, I definitely feel like he's dropping off a bit. I don't see him starting in 2027 and wonder how long before Borthwick has to move on from him.
  3. Spencer wasn't good enough and changes the game plan too much. In general it seems like Engkand play more conservatively when subs come on and that worries me.
  4. Centres still aren't functioning properly and I don't see Slade and Lawrence starting together in 2027.
  5. Steward at FB. Same with Spencer, he suits a more conservative gameplay. Borthwick needs to pick the players that can execute the game plan.

Major concerns:
  1. Kicking away in the opposing 22. I get occasionally it might be on and keeps defenders on their toes, but England kick it far too much in the opposing 22. It's ridiculous because simply you won't score without the ball and one from Lawrence led directly to NZ scoring to take the lead today. For me it's a real worry that they don't retain possession there.
  2. Props. This is a big long term issue and England really need to nurture the young props coming through and hope they develop enough by 2027.

We should have won both tests on this tour - personally I now see the ABs game at Twickenham in November as must-win. If we can't beat that ABs side at home at the end of their season then to me that's unacceptable. They are a mediocre side and we let them off the hook - twice. For a New Zealand side, their basic skills are abysmal.

We should have won both tests on this tour - personally I now see the ABs game at Twickenham in November as must-win. If we can't beat that ABs side at home at the end of their season then to me that's unacceptable. They are a mediocre side and we let them off the hook - twice. For a New Zealand side, their basic skills are abysmal.
I wouldn't say mediocre. Just not as strong as in previous years. Australia and Wales are mediocre. However, they are definitely beatable and yes we should beat them at home.

Latest posts