• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand vs England (06/07/24)

As usual a penalty count heavily against England. We can't win games if we keep giving tons of stupid penalties. Why can no England team get a grip on this?

Tough combo, need to keep hold of the ball, but who is bringing the energy to do anything? We have looked gone for 15 mins now
Yeah it's like you said: we've obviously been told to kick absolutely everything

Frustrating because while Spencer is the better kicker, he's also a very good 9 in general but isn't being given opportunity to show it
Finn, too

As usual a penalty count heavily against England. We can't win games if we keep giving tons of stupid penalties. Why can no England team get a grip on this?
How many of those are at scrum time, deal with that and is it a little more balanced?

A few really stupid penalties by England...

Tbh our penalty count in the first half was good. List discipline in the second.

CCS had a good game but I do feel that he is needed off the bench to bring impact. Curry isn't a impact sub

Tempted to want to see Martin at 6 next week.
No chance. The way the scrum's gone today Martin is needed in the engine room. No other lock brings as much there as he does.

No chance. The way the scrum's gone today Martin is needed in the engine room. No other lock brings as much there as he does.
I feel Isiekwe could be close at least

Borthwick not taking JvP is a mistake him off the bench is impact but he can also kick the **** off the ball if needed

Decent game, that

I'd have taken a 1pt loss before the game tbh - not sure the next will be as close though, we definitely look like a side with a lot of miles under the belt, physicality faded massively towards the end of the game

Sacrilege considering how good he's been but I wouldn't mind Earl on the bench next week, he looks shattered and I wouldn't mind seeing CCS at 8
Ben Curry at 6, but wouldn't mind Isiekwe there tbh

That last penalty... I'm not sure that's the right call either, at no point was he in a position to lift the ball, he was flopping off his feet lol

England should be bouyed by this though, physically they are the better team, more destructive forwards. If they can sort the scrum and be a little more nuanced at the breakdown they can transfer that to a victory easy enough.

Enjoyed that game though

I think we'd have all taken this before hand, could have gone either way, feels (possibly my bias) like there was a little crowd persuasion giving NZ most of the tighter calls, having said that Earl could quite easily seen red for the shoulder charge when running a forward support line.

Decent game, that

I'd have taken a 1pt loss before the game tbh - not sure the next will be as close though, we definitely look like a side with a lot of miles under the belt, physicality faded massively towards the end of the game

Sacrilege considering how good he's been but I wouldn't mind Earl on the bench next week, he looks shattered and I wouldn't mind seeing CCS at 8
Ben Curry at 6, but wouldn't mind Isiekwe there tbh
Good shout with Curry at 6

Gutted and taking off CCS and Underhill really took something away from us.

Also whilst I rate Spencer he seems noticeably slower at the breakdown to Mitchell.

And we bearly attacked in that last 15 min it felt we just defended and kicked it back to them. Just felt like we were trying to hold onto a lead when 1 point down.

Still alot of positives and very strong physical performance, if we won I don't think anyone would have said we didnt deserve it based on that performance

Latest posts