• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand vs England (06/07/24)

I tell you what, it's great to see Itoje, CCS, underhill, Lawrence and co being proper destructive. It's so good to watch, I want NZ to have 90% posession from here on out and watch these guys murder people for 20 mins

If you think I'm harsh on Smith, wait an hour and see the analysis on Costelow when he comes on hahahahaha
I just haven't heard much positivity for any 10 ( that I can recall) just wondered if there are any or you just don't like the way current 10s operate?

Earl better hope they don't check that, looked like shoulder to the head

If Baxter goes off does Cole go to loosehead 😳

I just haven't heard much positivity for any 10 ( that I can recall) just wondered if there are any or you just don't like the way current 10s operate?
A bit of both tbh. I like cool heads, I like all rounders, I like control in my 10. Smith and McKenzie are a different wildcard breed, but they just bring too many flaws IMHO. Mistakes, size etc...

The 10 position is becoming reductive, and less important.

However, at this level you cant give away 8 points from the boot, get folded every time you catch a ball, get rag rolled, turned over and kick poorly, regardless of style

Considering currys instant concession of a pen at the breakdown NZ haven't half got a way with a **** load of sealing off!

Did flat man just say "New Zealand just starting to struggle with time on the board"???
They are 2 points down with 20 to go

As a defensive coach, I tell my D that every time a 10 steps inside it's a massive W for us.
Od say the same for any time a FH goes off-script.
But

It depends if he's gone off-script because you've forced him to, and he's making poor decisions.
Or he's going off-acript because he's seen something and is looking to exploit it.

The likes of Marcus stepping back inside, or especially when he steps backwards and inside to attack where the defence isn't expecting him to, is very much the latter.

A bit of both tbh. I like cool heads, I like all rounders, I like control in my 10. Smith and McKenzie are a different wildcard breed, but they just bring too many flaws IMHO. Mistakes, size etc...

The 10 position is becoming reductive, and less important.

However, at this level you cant give away 8 points from the boot, get folded every time you catch a ball, get rag rolled, turned over and kick poorly, regardless of style
Fair enough, I get your point , pretty rare you have it all, while Biggs and Farrell were great DMac and Smith do a lot they can't, it's not like Faz hasn't had a few horrific days off the boot. Finn Smith might offer something in between and is a bit bigger so the physical side he won't struggle with so much, but probably a little soon for him.

Now that I agree with, (to a point) and is why I prefer Fin Smith or George Ford. But I'm not going to criticise Marcus for doing Marcus things, or suggest that him to do something he was always going to do makes it a win for the defence.
It's a baked in part of selecting him.

Earl looks exhausted, think Curry should've gone on for him tbh

Smith for Smith change happening

Latest posts