• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand vs England (06/07/24)

Some good stuff from both sides, Smith is proving a weakness. No attempt to corner flag for the first try, then kicks away a massive opportunity.

Once again though, NZ being allowed carte blanche at the breakdown, off feet, side entries, sealing they just seem to get away with it all. I wouldnt mind so much but NZ in this first 40 have whined and complained about every English action at the breakdown, waving their arms and being audible constantly.

Even game so far, Smith needs replacing. I think if the English tight 5 can wise up a bit theyll get dominance at set peice, Groot having to cheat hard at scrum time to keep up.

NZ the better side but some positives for England in there and happy to be going in level.

Right, finally in and able to watch - just in time to see the half-time whistle!

Apparently, it was firefox, no my adblocker that was preventing me opening naughty sites.

I'm happy with that tbh. Solid first half and some very sore NZ bodies out there I bet
They are getting beaten up. Usually the tackling team drain energy faster, but when your having to work this hard ball in hand, and the hits are so big and so often it evens it out

Saints putting everyone on a cycle last summer has paid off massively, Furbank throwing in hits like that is wild

Really nice try, we're struggling with the pace on the ball, can't get set and our scramble defence has always been rough
I'd credit our scramble today, soo many first up tackles missed but been able to recover quite often.

Some good stuff from both sides, Smith is proving a weakness. No attempt to corner flag for the first try, then kicks away a massive opportunity.

Once again though, NZ being allowed carte blanche at the breakdown, off feet, side entries, sealing they just seem to get away with it all. I wouldnt mind so much but NZ in this first 40 have whined and complained about every English action at the breakdown, waving their arms and being audible constantly.

Even game so far, Smith needs replacing. I think if the English tight 5 can wise up a bit theyll get dominance at set peice, Groot having to cheat hard at scrum time to keep up.
That's an extreme interpretation. He hasn't done brilliantly but England haven't had much quality possession.

Against NZ, you need to take your chances, but I think it would be extremely harsh to take a player off at half time for really one poor decision.

In super rugby we don't have rules at the breakdown. Lucky the ref is reffing super rugby style

That's an extreme interpretation. He hasn't done brilliantly but England haven't had much quality possession.

Against NZ, you need to take your chances, but I think it would be extremely harsh to take a player off at half time for really one poor decision.
Yeah especially for an even less experienced 10, outside of tournaments it doesn't get much tougher than here, M Smith still needing experience.

Btw how much did Sky charge for this coverage? Like an u20's match.

Right, finally in and able to watch - just in time to see the half-time whistle!

Apparently, it was firefox, no my adblocker that was preventing me opening naughty sites.
I've started using Brave browser for sailing the seven seas,
You occasionally have to refresh the page when it opens an ad container but no ad (i.e. you can't click on anything) but stops pretty much every ad/popup on the site I use

W

well no, as you identified the pass was completed.
The one time it would have paid the opposition for a AB Forward pass to be missed and they call it, how many try's have they had allowed off the back of a forward pass.

Look that's my point, CCS Carrie's, hit the deck and the kiwi defender never releases and forces a knock on. Why is that not a pen?!?!

Anyone else remember the kiwis complaint that French crowds are French, and not silent during kicks for goal?
It must have been all of... 9 months ago.

Latest posts