• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

The sooner rugby fully ditches sky the better

Seems the AI's are on TNT sport on discovery plus...same as the prem. How much sense does that make.

England premiership and internationals in one place? Naa that will never catch on

The sooner rugby fully ditches sky the better
Why there's isn't just one company / app / streaming service which shows all available rugby matches for an annual price is beyond me.

I'd happily play £99 (let say) per year to have access to all club and international matches from both hemispheres rather than needed several different subscriptions which only cover the odd competitions.

I'd really like access to some of the Japan club matches.

The bloke needs to stop doing media about it, it's not helping him.

He's not said anything awful there, just needs to be quiet about it and focus on playing

"I loved France as you couldn't get picked for England, so you didn't have the pressure of that and when a squad is announced wondering if I am in."

Talk about half quoting to generate clickbait...

"I loved France as you couldn't get picked for England, so you didn't have the pressure of that and when a squad is announced wondering if I am in."

Talk about half quoting to generate clickbait...
But he keeps doing it. He's got to take responsibility for giving them material at some point.

If he gets a Q about England, the only response should be "I'd love to play for England, and am working on the things that Steve has asked me to".

That's it.

The bloke needs to stop doing media about it, it's not helping him.

He's not said anything awful there, just needs to be quiet about it and focus on playing

Maybe, but it's also quite refreshing that a player is so open with the media. Bit of the same tune (presumably selective on the journo's part), but we talk about the need to market the players and get them known. Well here is one prepared to stick his head above the parapet.

Playing well hasn't really helped his cause either though. Will be interesting in time to find out whether it's the person or the player Borthwick doesn't like.

Don't think Jones handling of him early doors helped though. The apprentice stuff and then canning him and Lozowski after the 2018 Japan game. Both of those should have had much better international careers than they have to date.

IMG_3041.jpeg

I know perspective makes a difference but Ben Earl looks absolutely massive here. Especially considering who he's next to.

Maybe Steward should reinvent himself as a 12!!!
Power and kicking game to offer Smith options. Add Lawrence at 13 and very powerful partnership offering go forward.
Then you take out of the equation the one thing that he is world class at - catching high balls.

1000016974.png

Ten years ago today. Itoje and Ewels the only ones that have had a prominent international career - for England.

But he keeps doing it. He's got to take responsibility for giving them material at some point.

If he gets a Q about England, the only response should be "I'd love to play for England, and am working on the things that Steve has asked me to".

That's it.
He can't want to play for England if he signed for Gloucester though :p

Gloucester, where EQP go to die

He's verging on going from being you are 'unlucky' not to get picked. To your not getting picked because you're a moaning ba*tard.

View attachment 20504
I know perspective makes a difference but Ben Earl looks absolutely massive here. Especially considering who he's next to.

I've stood next to him and he's as wide as he is tall.

He's obviously one of those lucky players who's been able to bulk up a lot without losing mobility. For others it's more one or the other.

I've stood next to him and he's as wide as he is tall.

He's obviously one of those lucky players who's been able to bulk up a lot without losing mobility. For others it's more one or the other.
Just hope he doesn't end up as one of those guys whose muscles are too much for their joints.

I wonder how good Dan Cole could have been if he actually went to the gym. He looks like a random bloke they feline down the pub, not a professional athlete

Latest posts