• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Reds - Crusaders in Brisbane (29-05-2011)

We don't need a ref to tell us the ref was crap, he was oh so crap but I enjoyed the game.

Gota love the Aussie commentators at some point in the game Quade Copper was the best FB in the world!

I think they were being a bit smart - saying he's the best defensive full back in the world because he doesn't need to tackle at all, as he takes the high ball so well.

I put the game on mute,

I tried that - still didn't work. I guess you can't keep an Aussie quiet.

But you've got to love the enthusiasm the commentators show, particularly when one of them interrupts himself in the middle of his own sentence:

"Yeah I agree, Fainga'a has been absolutly superburb tonight and Samo has shown some real COOPER!"

I really have had a gutsful of those Aussie commentators. They are almost as sycophantic as the Channel 9 Cricket commentator.

They think they are being funny with their "quirky" comments when in fact all they are doing is showing everyone what a bunch of w@nkers they are, especially that Greg Clarke idiot.

Its time Sky Sports either sent our own commentary team for Super 15, or inserted their own commentary into the satellite feed.

Hahaha I LOVE the Aussie commentators! They get so amped and make the game so entertaining! And I love how they're not shy to chirp people and disagree with the ref. Effing Skinstad, Stransky and Bladen are always like "Well the refs closer to the action, let's give him the benefit of the doubt". I could listen to the Aussie commentators all day!

That was poor to say the least! There were no longer players bound over the ball therefore it is no longer a ruck

Err, no. Its a common misconception, but not right.

Once a ruck is formed, it remains a ruck, even if players are no longer bound over the ball.

[TEXTAREA]
LAW 16.6 SUCCESSFUL END TO A RUCK

A ruck ends successfully when the ball leaves the ruck, or when the ball is on or over the goal line.

LAW 16.7 UNSUCCESSFUL END TO A RUCK

(a) A ruck ends unsuccessfully when the ball becomes unplayable and a scrum is ordered. The team that was moving forward immediately before the ball became unplayable in the ruck throws in the ball. If neither team was moving forward, or if the referee cannot decide which team was moving forward before the ball became unplayable in the ruck, the team that was moving forward before the ruck began throws in the ball. If neither team was moving forward, then the attacking team throws in the ball.

(b) Before the referee blows the whistle for a scrum, the referee allows a reasonable amount of time for the ball to emerge, especially if either team is moving forward. If the ruck stops moving, or if the referee decides that the ball will probably not emerge within a reasonable time, the referee must order a scrum.
[/TEXTAREA]

GREAT WIN BY THE REDS..

Their defense was amazing in letting in only one Saders try.

It could have swung either way,, and i think the Saders were too over eager at the breakdown... With the ref already warning and penalising em a couple of times.

Good to see a big crowd at Suncorp again for a Rugby Match.

I didn't understand the call at all - the player went right through the middle, clearing out the Reds player right in front of the ball, the other Crusaders followed through. You could not have come more through the gate.

I agree. Crusaders were ripped off...........the first reds try was also off the back of a forward pass.

I hate the Reds commentators, especially Greg Clarke. It drives me mad that in the rugby series choice of commentators, people wanted the Australian Sky team. They lack any level of objectivity, composure and professionalism. They can talk fifteen minutes about the front rowers boots, and praise the same three people the entire game. Notice how many times they mention Cooper, Carter, Sonny Bill Williams and Ioane. They must have been mentioned 25 times more than anyone else. If I want to listen to bias loud mouths, I'd go down to my local, where at least I could get a beer with the game.

I hate the Reds commentators, especially Greg Clarke. It drives me mad that in the rugby series choice of commentators, people wanted the Australian Sky team. They lack any level of objectivity, composure and professionalism. They can talk fifteen minutes about the front rowers boots, and praise the same three people the entire game. Notice how many times they mention Cooper, Carter, Sonny Bill Williams and Ioane. They must have been mentioned 25 times more than anyone else. If I want to listen to bias loud mouths, I'd go down to my local, where at least I could get a beer with the game.

The Oz commentators are the perfect combination of entertainment and accuracy. The South African commentators never disagree with the ref and pronounce everybody's name incorrectly. Bladen and Skinstad also love to state the obvious and they are both mono-tone. At least the Oz commentators get super amped when something cool happens, and it makes you so excited. And why is it a bad thing that they rave about players that are really good? I love these guys and wish they commentated every game!

PS do you not notice how often the SA commentators mention Lambie, Beast, Smit and Steenkamp (when he's not injured). Seriously, I just fall asleep listening to the SA commentators, stating the most f#*king random and irrelevent fact (eg His dad went to the same school as Sadam Husseins nephew) or completely stating the obvious (Now, you don't want to be passing the ball forward). I'm fairly certain Andy Capastagnio has shirtless posters of Lambie in his bedroom/mom's basement.

Last edited:
The only thing Ioane did tonight was have Sonny Bill and Fruean watch him while he did nothing and Ben Tapuai danced over the line with out anyone noticing him because everyone was too excited about Digby possibly getting the ball in the near future.
Was quite a boring game really too much kicking but the rucks were entertaining and the physicality made it worth it not to mention the huge crowd.

well I knew the kiwis would ***** and moan a lot about losing this one, but i didn't think it would be this bad.

We all know how much it sucks to lose in the last minute from a penalty goal, and I agree it was at first a strange call by the ref but upon closer inspection it falls into the rules and was illegal. Nearly all of you kiwis are whinging about the calls the ref made - he made just as many bad calls and missed calls from the reds point of view as well.

It's as simple as this, Stu Dickenson told Richie numerous times all through the first and second half that he had to watch himself around the ruck. Whether these were the correct calls or not by the ref it doesnt matter, being a preofessional rugby player, they have to realise where the ref is being strick and play by his rules for those 80 minutes - Richie didn't play it safe and lost you the game.

well I knew the kiwis would ***** and moan a lot about losing this one, but i didn't think it would be this bad.

We all know how much it sucks to lose in the last minute from a penalty goal, and I agree it was at first a strange call by the ref but upon closer inspection it falls into the rules and was illegal. Nearly all of you kiwis are whinging about the calls the ref made - he made just as many bad calls and missed calls from the reds point of view as well.

It's as simple as this, Stu Dickenson told Richie numerous times all through the first and second half that he had to watch himself around the ruck. Whether these were the correct calls or not by the ref it doesnt matter, being a preofessional rugby player, they have to realise where the ref is being strick and play by his rules for those 80 minutes - Richie didn't play it safe and lost you the game.

You forget that not all New Zealanders support the Crusaders...

The ref was atrocious - whether the Crusaders didn't help themselves (as they didn't adjust to bad calls) or not is another story, it still remains that the ref was useless.

There were calls (or lack of) that went the Crusaders' way ( I recall one blatant forward pass from a line out), but a vast majority of bad calls were in favour of the Reds.

Stew Dickinson is hopeless anyway, lets all admit no matter who won we'd be *****ing about him either way.

You're right, I'm sorry for generalising, I'm just annoyed that a lot of the crusaders supporters blame only the ref and cant accept that their players didnt play perfectly... Richie and others were doing a lot of questionable things around the ruck all game which any great flanker will, but he didn't show enough maturity to adjust in an especially crucial moment of the game.

And I completely agree that the ref was atrocious, but he was atrocious the whole game, for both sides.

Latest posts