• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Cheetahs - Crusaders in Bloemfontein (14-05-2011)

I was just bringing up how weak the Australian conference is as a dig at Woldog who was being a prick by laughing at the Crusaders, who he dislikes because they are more successful than his team year in year out. Better team this year easily as well

woodward, can I suggest that you try and take a slighlty less bias and in-your-face approach to national pride? You're like one of the longest lasting trolls ever, and while it is entertaining for me, it's also cringe worthy. I'm just thinking about my ego, if New Zealand lose another World Cup, how your posts will become a justified reason as to why other countries can rub it in our faces.

Didn't the Reds smash the Cheetahs earlier this season?
Yeah but the Reds lost to the Hurricanes who lost to almost everyone and they also lost against the Waratahs who were smashed the next week by the crusaders. Those comparisons never work. An unbiased judgement on the Reds would be that they have looked good and hold the top position due to a very strong African tour and consistent wins within their conference. The reservations about them would be that most of those wins within Australia will have come easier than if there were in a more competitive conference and they most likely would have dropped a couple more games in which they have looked fairly average. They've also had a decent run as far as injuries go. That has flattered their table position and at no stage have they looked as unbeatable as they Crusaders were at full strength. I'm no Crusaders fan but their best team this year is better than anyone since the 2003 Blues (honorable mention Bulls).
If the All Blacks win the World Cup I'll do a bit of rubbing it in I think, atleast to the Saffers, English and Aussies who all deserve it after the crap they've spouted, much worse than anything I've heard from any New Zealander. As for arrogance well, the South Africans were claiming best rugby nation after half a season at the top so you can hardly blame the poor old All Blacks supporters having endless dominance to endure without a peep of confidence allowed.

Worldcuplol.jpg

If the cheetahs play like they did the last couple of weeks it's a game that can go both sides ( pref. cheetahs for the win)

I hear some Kiwi ass kissing again ;)

The Australian conference might be weaker than the SA and NZ conference but the Chiefs, Highlanders and Hurricanes are as weak as the Waratahs, Force, Brumbies and Cheetahs in general. This season the Highlanders are performing better than ever but I don't see them turning into serious contenders. At this stage there are 5 teams who are better than the rest. Stormers, Crusaders, Blues, Reds and Sharks.

It's getting a bit boring to see people praising NZ rugby like it's from a different planet. Sure, they have strong teams, huge depth for the national squad but saying a team like the Reds would suck in the NZ conference is just total BS

... Well, at the risk of being branded a Kiwi arse kisser :D

The New Zealand conference is more tightly contested than the Australian conference, just about any New Zealand team can beat any other on the day, and the margins between the winning and losing teams are usually very close. The Reds and the Tahs to some extent get an arm chair ride against the other Australian franchises, so yes, the Reds would find it more difficult if they were playing in the New Zealand conference ... history confirms this, you only need to look at the Super 14 and Super 12 standing when there were no conferences to see the lack of success of the Australian sides - if this wasn't the case, why wouldn't they have kept the competition as it was, and let the most successful sides of the season fight out the finals after playing each other once, instead of manufacturing the result so that a side from each nation gets into the final series

I don't agree with your opinion of the relative weakness of the teams either ... being a Crusaders fan,if I was looking for an easier game was the only criteria, I know which teams i'd rather play twice, and it isn't the Chiefs, Highlanders, and Hurricanes

You can't discount the Highlanders (or the Waratahs, and Bulls for that matter) as serious contenders as all of your top 5 teams have some pretty tough games left to play

Its seems like Kiwis are just trying to make excuses if a Kiwi team doesnt win the Super Rugby Tournament this season.

Really? which Kiwis? ... No excuses if a New Zealand team doesn't win the tournament ... even if the top six sides don't turn out to be the strongest six, the top team from each nation will be there, so if a New zealand team doesn't win the whole thing, they won't have been good enough - end of story ... nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate about the relative strengths of the various conferences is there?

You're way off on my reason's for disliking the Crusaders :) it's Crusaders fans who continuously go on about how good they are even when they're getting beaten. Alot of them are band wagoners anyway, same as alot of Reds fans are band wagoners.

Well, the Crusaders were beaten by a better side on the day - congrats Cheetahs ... doesn't make the Crusaders bad though, anymore than it makes the Reds bad losing to the Hurricanes

... I bet those nasty Crusaders fans go out of their way to find threads where the Crusaders haven't even played in, and gloat when a team/group of supporters they don't like lose, as well :p

... just in case you are wondering, I jumped on the Crusaders bandwagon back in 1996, and haven't fallen off yet :) ... I like the fact that they consistently have a strong team, and that they win most of their games. I'd like to see them take this years ***le, but won't slit my wrists if they don't ... if the Reds are good enough to win it, well and good, I enjoy seeing my team play and hopefully win - I don't get (and don't need to) satisfaction out of seeing other teams lose.

:lol: "Except for all of the one's played on home soil" :D

Yeah, who knows, it might be our year, it might not ... If there's a bet for who won't win the World Cup, you might be on to something ... otherwise you might have to actually pick a side/bet on one to actually win it :)

If I had to put money on somebody to win....I would put it on the All Blacks...it makes sense...However the odds wouldn't be worth a curse really with them being such favorites..France would be a nice outside bet

If I had to put money on somebody to win....I would put it on the All Blacks...it makes sense...However the odds wouldn't be worth a curse really with them being such favorites..France would be a nice outside bet

Yeah, if I wasn't such a one eyed All Black supporter, I'd go for England or the Boks, but alas, I can't bring myself to do that :D

Latest posts