• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Cheetahs - Crusaders in Bloemfontein (14-05-2011)

Nah I honestly don't care lol, I'm just trying to rile you up until you stop making comments about how much the Australian conference sucks when it's just pure NZ bias, get over yourself champ.

Nah I honestly don't care lol, I'm just trying to rile you up until you stop making comments about how much the Australian conference sucks when it's just pure NZ bias, get over yourself champ.

Man the Aussie conference is sooo bad, you only have one decent team.

Sorry I meant to say the Waratahs are only ahead on points from their extra BYE, my bad. It looks like they wont make the playoffs anyway.

Man the Aussie conference is sooo bad, you only have one decent team.

Sorry I meant to say the Waratahs are only ahead on points from their extra BYE, my bad. It looks like they wont make the playoffs anyway.
And that decent team is my team so it's a moot point. Match goes to Woldog. Yay winrar :D

No, they are behind on points and are in the australian conference, which sucks. getting it yet?

No they are ahead on points, Bonus points count just as much as win and draw points in the grand scheme of things, Tahs also have a game in hand. Do I think they are better than the Highlanders probably not, but I don't think they are a lot worse. If someone like the Force were in a playoff spot then I would be upset with how this format is working.

Keep in mind the schedule for this year is light due to the RWC starting next year there will be more inter conference games. It also looks like expansion will be occuring as well with the Kings and possibly a drive for some Argentine clubs.

"Decent"... as an Aussie you should be happy with that, even more so as a Reds supporter its been a while since they've been "decent". They are not really serious contenders though, unless the Crusaders and Blues injury worries continue in which case the Reds are in with a chance I'll admit.

They are not really serious contenders though, unless the Crusaders and Blues injury worries continue in which case the Reds are in with a chance I'll admit.

:lol: Did you learn your humor from Peter De Villiers or Charlie Sheen.

:lol: My gosh... So should NZ be given 3 automatic Qualification spots?

This is Kiwi arrogance at its worst..

So whats next, automatic Semi Final Qualification for the All Blacks at the RWC?

And you continue to wonder every hopes NZ chokes at another RWC?... You are too full of yourself.

You're being a jerk. That is NOT what he is saying, and you know it!!!

Last edited:
"Decent"... as an Aussie you should be happy with that, even more so as a Reds supporter its been a while since they've been "decent". They are not really serious contenders though, unless the Crusaders and Blues injury worries continue in which case the Reds are in with a chance I'll admit.
Wait lets see the Blues were missing who exactly? Jerome Kaino and Dan Braid? both respected players but not exactly game breakers.... and the Crusaders pfft.

As for injury problems a team should not be able to use that as an excuse as good teams have depth the Reds are missing Peter Hynes, Rod Davies and Mike Harris, so don't tell me the Blues lost because they were missing a few players...

Last edited:
Wait lets see the Blues were missing who exactly? Jerome Kaino and Dan Braid? both respected players but not exactly game breakers.... and the Crusaders pfft.

Nah no excuses, while Kaino and Braid are both good players, we lost on the night. We showed what we all knew and thats that it was to be a good close game. Maybe it didnt start out the way we wanted but it ended as expected, only I expected us to take it. However the Reds are not to be taken lightly, if you do your gonna get stunned.

That games gone now and its all about whats next, thats whats important for us.

LOL...wrong thread.

Nah no excuses, while Kaino and Braid are both good players, we lost on the night. We showed what we all knew and thats that it was to be a good close game. Maybe it didnt start out the way we wanted but it ended as expected, only I expected us to take it. However the Reds are not to be taken lightly, if you do your gonna get stunned.

That games gone now and its all about whats next, thats whats important for us.

LOL...wrong thread.
Blame them for bringing the Reds and the Blues into it :p

As for injury problems a team should not be able to use that as an excuse as good teams have depth the Reds are missing Peter Hynes, Rod Davies and Mike Harris, so don't tell me the Blues lost because they were missing a few players...
I was more thinking our best player and main strike weapon, Isaia Toeava. They Blues weren't down that many but with Kaino out we were missing our best forward and our best back, so it would be like the Reds without Quade plus whoever your standout forward is and a few others.
What do you mean about the Crusaders? they were missing half a team.
Maybe the Reds should share some of their depth with the other Australian teams if their so strong in that regard... Maybe you don't need the kiwi poaches either with all that depth.

If the aussie conference is so bad, get some facts to back up your stance. As far as i can tell, if the aussie conference is bad, the SA conference is mediocre at best.

There is never going to be 3 evenly matched conferences, thats a downside to the system that is known to everyone. NZ is slightly better than the other two, but i would only be complaining that the system is unfair if there should clearly be 4 NZ teams in the top 6, but they are not making the cut because of tougher conference games.

With this system, whoever gets 7th is probably going to be the 3rd best team from the strongest conference. It's hardly something to complain about.

I was just bringing up how weak the Australian conference is as a dig at Woldog who was being a prick by laughing at the Crusaders, who he dislikes because they are more successful than his team year in year out. Better team this year easily as well

Nobody can argue wit the fact that the reds are best team in the comp this year

I can :lol:

However I am a Crusaders fan... The way I see it the conference system can be pretty brutal in terms of the touring teams. I don't think anyone would disagree that without the Stormers match the Crusaders would have made it through this game mostly unscathed.

Linking back to what everyone else is saying though, Blues playing the Reds at home and losing by 6 points... Given they were missing Toeava, I'd call that a hell of a strong performance.

I was just bringing up how weak the Australian conference is as a dig at Woldog who was being a prick by laughing at the Crusaders, who he dislikes because they are more successful than his team year in year out. Better team this year easily as well

Woldog has the worst most biased opinion, think nothing of the man

Well the atmosphere in Bloemfontein was electrifying not to mention the after parties, it was immense. The cheetahs played well and knew they were in with a chance considering the casualties suffered by the Crusaders team. Have to agree they looked even more out of depth as soon as SBW came off with the knee injury. The other thing I noticed was the cheetahs was defending like demons and only brilliance made sure of whitewash glory for the Crusaders. Thinking of that specific moment where SBW offloaded to almost send one of his teammates over the whitewash (can’t recall his name). Still glad I was able to bear witness to this match.:)

You're way off on my reason's for disliking the Crusaders :) it's Crusaders fans who continuously go on about how good they are even when they're getting beaten. Alot of them are band wagoners anyway, same as alot of Reds fans are band wagoners.

Latest posts