• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Cheetahs - Crusaders in Bloemfontein (14-05-2011)

Thanks dude.. I have a thread set up with all the crowd attendance from most of the Rugby competitions for the past 2 seasons.

Also it was good to find those Italian Ecczalenza Crowds stats here in TRF posted by a fellow rugby fan from Italy.

Are you really from the Netherlands?

Yes, born and raised. Lived in South Africa for several years, was married and have a son there. Moving back soon.

Cause that's why the Reds are at the top of the table...
Yes, because they are in the easiest conference. Not the brightest are you..

Ezequiel trust me when I say you don't want to encourage this guy, he will spam every match thread on the board with this attendance crap.

The Highlanders are up there with the rest of those top teams and the Chiefs and Hurricanes are miles ahead of the bottom South African and Australian teams. Don't worry we will lose all our depth overseas after the world cup and it will even out but as it stands the current system suits the other conferences. The Crusaders and the Blues both deserve home semis and the Highlanders deserve to be there ahead of the Waratahs, in the long run it will suit the South Africans as they like to stack their top teams.

Ezequiel trust me when I say you don't want to encourage this guy, he will spam every match thread on the board with this attendance crap.

The Highlanders are up there with the rest of those top teams and the Chiefs and Hurricanes are miles ahead of the bottom South African and Australian teams. Don't worry we will lose all our depth overseas after the world cup and it will even out but as it stands the current system suits the other conferences. The Crusaders and the Blues both deserve home semis and the Highlanders deserve to be there ahead of the Waratahs, in the long run it will suit the South Africans as they like to stack their top teams.

Dude you need to chill, asking about attendance is fine, get over yourself.

Why? he's just interested in Attendances no problem with that, it's not like he wants to know how much weight players lose each game.

Here is a list of all injured NZ players (42 in all) before this weekends games. Obviously Carter and McCaw are no longer on the Crusaders injury list (or Weepu on the Canes list). I didn't watch the Crusaders game so don't know who else is added to the Crusaders list, though I saw that SBW came off at half time.

Coenie Oosthuizen has impressed me all season with his mobility. Amazingly, he's among the leaders in 'pilfers' despite being a prop! His only major flaw is that he gets penalized a huge amount at scrum time (I think he's the most penalized player in the tournament). If he sorts out his scrummaging issue (which I believe he will, as he is still very young, and certainly has the required size) he is going to be a pretty incredible player.

Thanks

As for Coenie's scrumming, unfortunately I think he is developinga reputation as being an incompetent scrummager, and is thus imo being harshly penalized in the merry-go-round that is scrum offences :(

On that note, Bryce (sp.) Lawrence was the ref, right? Felt he did a really good job, missed a few things but allowed the game to flow nicely.

We'll see, this place is a little more accepting than the other forum he was chased off.

Can't tell whether or not you are fishing...

In what way would I be fishing? 3 NZ teams should be in top 6, Hurricanes and Chiefs are better than the cellar dwellers from the other conferences (proven by them both being mid table-ish despite being in the strong NZ conference) and the South Africans stack their top teams. All factual.

It is interesting that if the Cheetah's could been one of the top South African sides but they lost a lot of their first games by less than seven points. They are definitely on the rise and I would not be surprised if they challenge for a play-off spot next year.

Plus, "******" isn't commonly used Argentina.

It is used in Argentina, its just they have their own word for it, "pajero" which is Spanish slang for 'He who fiddles with himself for sexual gratification".

That was a real cock-up (pun fully intended) by Mitsubishi.
<wbr>

Not entirely. Just like the Crusaders, they have lost 1 game against international teams. It's not just their performance in the Oz conference that got them to the top of the ladder. It's impossible to say how they would go in another conference, but it can be assumed they would be doing pretty good, maybe with an extra loss by this stage.

NZ have the strongest conference and whoever gets 3rd in NZ will be justified in thinking "what if". But i think we will find at the end of the season, that teams who performed particularly well outside of their conference will make the top 6. No team will be able to blame "hard conference games" for not making the cut.

It is used in Argentina, its just they have their own word for it, "pajero" which is Spanish slang for 'He who fiddles with himself for sexual gratification".

That was a real cock-up (pun fully intended) by Mitsubishi.
<wbr>
Almost as bad as the Mazda Laputa

as it stands the current system suits the other conferences. The Crusaders and the Blues both deserve home semis and the Highlanders deserve to be there ahead of the Waratahs, in the long run it will suit the South Africans as they like to stack their top teams.

:lol: My gosh... So should NZ be given 3 automatic Qualification spots?

This is Kiwi arrogance at its worst..

So whats next, automatic Semi Final Qualification for the All Blacks at the RWC?

And you continue to wonder every hopes NZ chokes at another RWC?... You are too full of yourself.

No, if anything there shouldn't be automatic qualification spots for any teams. Do you think the Waratahs are better than the Highlanders? Do you think there are three teams better than the Crusaders?

btw I was informed today on the radio that the Highlanders are in fact ahead of the Waratahs its only the bye keeping the Waratahs ahead.

I've heard people complain the reverse, that the NZ conference is easiest because NZ teams give away lots of tries. We better hope England or Argentina win the world cup then because theres two much arrogance in SANZAR.

Last edited:
No, if anything there shouldn't be automatic qualification spots for any teams. Do you think the Waratahs are better than the Highlanders? Do you think there are three teams better than the Crusaders?

btw I was informed today on the radio that the Highlanders are in fact ahead of the Waratahs its only the bonus points keeping the Waratahs ahead.

I've heard people complain the reverse, that the NZ conference is easiest because NZ teams give away lots of tries. We better hope England or Argentina win the world cup then because theres two much arrogance in SANZAR.

So therefore the Waratahs are ahead by points, meaning they are better.

No, they are behind on points and are in the australian conference, which sucks. getting it yet?

Do you think the Waratahs are better than the Highlanders? Do you think there are three teams better than the Crusaders?

No. I dont think any team is BETTER then another. Only if they show up and perform and get the points.

And going by points, the Tahs are above the Highlanders.

Similarly the Blues.. They Beat the Saders in the first round... If the Saders had performed and played BETTER in that match.. and in the match against the Cheetahs, THEY would be leading the table.

Stop whining and just get on with the game. Play whats in front of you.

Its seems like Kiwis are just trying to make excuses if a Kiwi team doesnt win the Super Rugby Tournament this season.

Latest posts