• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Reds - Crusaders in Brisbane (29-05-2011)

What an awful referee display - time and time again Stu Dickinson continues to show his incompetence as a referee.

What an awful referee display - time and time again Stu Dickinson continues to show his incompetence as a referee.

Agreed. Another shocker by the incompotant Dickinson. How is he still refereeing at this level. What a twat.

One of the worse refereeing performances I've ever witnessed. Not surprising comming from Stuart Dickinson.

I missed the last penalty, what was it for?

McCaw didn't come from the gate. It was harsh though. The Reds didn't have much support at that ruck.

edit: or maybe i'm thinking of another one, got it recorded will check later.

McCaw didn't come from the gate. It was harsh though. The Reds didn't have much support at that ruck.

I didn't understand the call at all - the player went right through the middle, clearing out the Reds player right in front of the ball, the other Crusaders followed through. You could not have come more through the gate.

You only needed to look at his face and you could plainly see that if it was up to him there was no way the Crusaders were going to win this match. I've never said that about any referee before in my life, no not Wayne Barnes in the semi of 2007, not ever. In this case, given the calls, given his attitude, it was very obvious.

It's lucky that the Reds played so well, because had a couple of those other kicks gone over they would've done it a little easier. It wasn't the Reds who did anything really wrong, they deserve the win for playing so well. Stu Dickinson though is the worst example of refereeing going about anywhere.

edit: or maybe i'm thinking of another one, got it recorded will check later.

I'm pretty sure he was called for hands. It was an excellent counter-ruck and a rubbish call.

That was poor to say the least! There were no longer players bound over the ball therefore it is no longer a ruck

Alright, I missed some of the game but from what I saw; touch judges were absolutely quiet, Stu didn't really want to explain the causes of the penalties. Made the whole family upset :p

Agree on Dickinson, I don't think he should ever have been seen again after that AB's vs Italy shocker a couple of years ago. I was amazed to hear people actually think he was unlucky to miss out on the RWC.

The most frustrating thing for me was that Richie was constantly trying to ask questions and make sense of his decisions but Dickinson never took the time to give a proper answer, even made a smartass jibe when he was asked a legitimate question. He looked out of shape too, maybe it's time to call it quits Stu...

Shame that the refereeing wasn't up to scratch (was dipping in and out of the game so didn't notice it myself) - I wanted to rub the result in the face of the guy who kept saying that a trip to Australia was an easy 5pts :p
Now it's just tainted though

Shame that the refereeing wasn't up to scratch (was dipping in and out of the game so didn't notice it myself) - I wanted to rub the result in the face of the guy who kept saying that a trip to Australia was an easy 5pts :p
Well fair enough if you do, most kiwi's do not think it's an easy 5pts. Those who do think that need it rubbed in their face, the rest of us don't though. :)

Aye, it was a terrible performance from the referee. How he missed so many decisions - not just key penalties at the break downs, or simple knocks ons here and there, but he was giving penalties when they weren't penalties to be given.
But that aside, it was a wonderful game to watch.
For the neutral it was just a great performance by both teams who looked out on their feet by the 65th minute simply because they'd been playing so much rugby at such a high pace!
One of my favourite games of the season.

This isn't even New Zealanders throwing the toys out of the pram. This was genuinely a really poor game by the worst referee in the top level. I'd be interested in hearing Smarkcookie review the performance of Dickinson.

Sorry-it was hands in the ruck. I've watched the decision about 10 times in slow-motion now. And really it was a 50/50 call. The ball still wasn't exactly won for the Crusaders, McCaw rushed himself when grabbing the ball. I'm still not sure what the correct decision would be.

Dickenson did a horrible job and wont be reffing next week, but the last call wans't as black and white as it first looked. Plus he needs to get a lot fitter.

We don't need a ref to tell us the ref was crap, he was oh so crap but I enjoyed the game.

Gota love the Aussie commentators at some point in the game Quade Copper was the best FB in the world!

We don't need a ref to tell us the ref was crap, he was oh so crap but I enjoyed the game.

Gota love the Aussie commentators at some point in the game Quade Copper was the best FB in the world!

In general the Aussie commentators don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. :lol:

Especially when Rod Davies is playing. Did you know he can run 100 metres in 10.4 seconds!!!!! OMG

Latest posts