South Africa v Ireland - 13 July 2024

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
King's Park, Durban

15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Kwagga Smith, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (c), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Ox Nche.
Subs: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Gerhard Steenekamp, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 RG Snyman, 21 Marco van Staden, 22 Grant Williams, 23 Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu

vs

Will post Irish line up when available.

Last edited:
Can't wait for this to be over. Bring on half watching the Rugby Championship and not caring about the result as I eat my breakfast, that's all I can give rugby right now.

Unchanged 23 from SA.

Also Karl Dickson is reffing this...ugh.

15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Kwagga Smith, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (c), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Ox Nche.
Subs: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Gerhard Steenekamp, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 RG Snyman, 21 Marco van Staden, 22 Grant Williams, 23 Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu.

Boks by 15

Also Karl Dickson is reffing this...ugh.
Awkward Topher Grace GIF by ABC Network

Wanted to see changes at 9 and 3 and also another backs replacement in place of Moerat but fair enough, give the boys another go. Would like to see more time for SFM.

Wanted to see changes at 9 and 3 and also another backs replacement in place of Moerat but fair enough, give the boys another go. Would like to see more time for SFM.
Issue with Frans vs Porter have been identified. Porter pulling you forward before engage making it look like ans early sure it will be sorted. Faf need to sort his stuff out there is plenty of 9's pushing. Think we have around 5 that can start with ease.

Can't wait for this to be over. Bring on half watching the Rugby Championship and not caring about the result as I eat my breakfast, that's all I can give rugby right now.
You can give more than I can at the moment.
I can watch the kids, because it's not more of the same - even there, I can only bring myself to watch the England match. I can probably watch England in NZ, because it's England, in NZ... beyond that, I need a break after the last 12 months (and my gradually re-kindling interest with Covid and stupid competition formats), gods alone know how the players feel!

Issue with Frans vs Porter have been identified. Porter pulling you forward before engage making it look like ans early sure it will be sorted. Faf need to sort his stuff out there is plenty of 9's pushing. Think we have around 5 that can start with ease.
I felt there was that element but even so we add more around the park with a lot of the back up options without giving an inch in the scrum. I understand TdT hasn't been in the alignment camps and with a new coaching setup that'll count heavily against you but Fouche and Louw add so much more outside of the scrum.

My issue at 9 and 10 is we have depth in both in terms of players being at the same level relative too each other (particularly at 9) but no-one pushing for a world XV. Put just about any other starting 9/10 pairing in behind our pack with the likes of Kriel, Arendse, Kolbe and Le Roux outside and DDA as a bail-out receiver and there is no competition.

I felt there was that element but even so we add more around the park with a lot of the back up options without giving an inch in the scrum. I understand TdT hasn't been in the alignment camps and with a new coaching setup that'll count heavily against you but Fouche and Louw add so much more outside of the scrum.

My issue at 9 and 10 is we have depth in both in terms of players being at the same level relative too each other (particularly at 9) but no-one pushing for a world XV. Put just about any other starting 9/10 pairing in behind our pack with the likes of Kriel, Arendse, Kolbe and Le Roux outside and DDA as a bail-out receiver and there is no competition.
Louw can feel hard done. Fouche is good but I feel it's too late. Frans does tend to put in the defensive work.

Good thing about boks is the system. Players don't have to be the best in the world they just need to be great at a spesific skill the coach is looking for.

You can give more than I can at the moment.
I can watch the kids, because it's not more of the same - even there, I can only bring myself to watch the England match. I can probably watch England in NZ, because it's England, in NZ... beyond that, I need a break after the last 12 months (and my gradually re-kindling interest with Covid and stupid competition formats), gods alone know how the players feel!
I doubt I'll watch England v NZ apart from flicking on the last 20 while having brekky. Didn't watch Ireland last week because I was at an event, first game I've missed since the Japan tours where they were on in the middle of the night in 2017 I think.

To be honest, in what has been a successful year for us so far, the only games I've enjoyed were Leinster v La Rochelle and Saints. Jaded.

Everyone trained today so looks like our only injuries are Sheehan and Casey.

Deec, all things considered.

Don't love 22 and 23. Feel like both of their presences are needless with Jimmy and Ringer. Would have preferred Prendo and Nash.

Deec, all things considered.

Don't love 22 and 23. Feel like both of their presences are needless with Jimmy and Ringer. Would have preferred Prendo and Nash.

Jimmy O'Brien not in 23 and Nash starting.

Correct call to drop POM and well Doris is the next captain so no issue there.

Looks like Andy wants to add some beef. If so, why not start McCloskey at 12?

I don't know anything about Blade. Will he add some juice once he gets on? As I said in the other thread, I am not a fan of Murray. But it appears that Andy wants to initiate a kicking/territory game. That could work, unless the Boks score early and start applying scoreboard pressure. Then you need to play catch up with Murray--good luck with that.

Oh skipped over that with the rumoured teams. Not happy with that, severe lack of pace continues.
Rumours are Jimmy O B not going great in camp over and had poor end to season. Not sure if true but would think he would be a better option on bench like Frawley covers 10 but it an unbalanced bench. Osborne I know can cover wing but I'd rather he didn't he is out of position at 15 (despite doing very well) but is a centre or 15 not a wing. And off bench if a winger goes down then it is a disaster. Yes Ringrose can go out there but Ringrose is important to defence at 13. Just seems rushed.

Also have heard that certain coaching personnel have been told they have until Christmas to get certain things right or there will be changes for 6 Nations.

Latest posts