Paris Olympics 2024

Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath
Not sure if we do one thread for the games, or different threads for different sports.

Rugby 7s is not just starting, but all the men's pool stages will be played before the Olympics actually start. For a sport that requires 3 days from start to completion, having 2 of those days before the games even start seems... a tad premature.

BBC RB, from 2.20

Presumably the French feel they've a good shot at getting a medal (the DuPont effect), and want the medal ceremony on day 1

Only the mountain biking will be finished as a sport before rugby - because it's 1 race per gender.

Last edited:
.....wtf? That's really weird scheduling

Also we'll probably just have one thread for the whole Olympics

Swimming, BMX, Triathlon and the main Track and Field are what I make an effort to try and watch, but I just have it on in the background for the whole time it's on so end up catching a bunch of random ones too

Blimey Only 3 years after the last one. Should be a cracker.

The tennis starts this weekend - arguably shouldn't be in the Olympics . Murray's last tournament (definitely this time). Best of 3 sets at RG. Rafa and Carlitos in the doubles. Either a roaring success or a blow out.

Looking forward to swimming, table tennis and of course track and field which is up last. Noah Lyles for the 100/200 double?

I'm trying to make my schedule.
Will obviously watch the glory boy events.
All road cycling and cross country mountain biking.
Triathlon.
1500 and 3000 track.
400 and 800 swimming.
Probably some rowing.

Certainly the most medal potential in my lifetime from an Irish perspective.

7s, track & field, swimming, gymnastics, rowing and boxing all have a chance of seeing Irish medals and even a few gold hopefuls. Can't wait.

I'm going to the opening ceremony and the 7s Saturday..... when half of the matches have already been played. Party pooper Parisians aren't allowing any boozing in the stadium though. Might have to be a crouching cider hidden naggin, which will probably get me tackled and put on a list.

Party pooper Parisians aren't allowing any boozing in the stadium though.
I think that might be an Olympics thing. I don't remember boozing at 2012.

I keep forgetting its on, like theres so little hype for this one.

I think that might be an Olympics thing. I don't remember boozing at 2012.

I keep forgetting its on, like theres so little hype for this one.
Apparently you could drink at 2012 and 2016. Olympics could have applied for an exemption under French law like the RWC did, but didn't sadly.

Not sure if we do one thread for the games, or different threads for different sports.

Rugby 7s is no just starting, but all the men's pool stages will be played before the Olympics actually start. For a sport that requires 3 days from start to completion, having 2 of those days before the games even start seems... a tad premature.

Presumably the French feel they've a good shot at getting a medal (the DuPont effect), and want the medal ceremony on day 1

Only the mountain biking will be finished as a sport before rugby - because it's 1 race per gender.
yeah apparently they want Dupont wearing gold to start and their decathlete wearing gold to start the athletics.

imho great idea to put the refs name on the kits. . . makes referee abuse so much easier

having a Harry Potter name increases your chances of playing for oz exponentially

on one hand, yes that is Samoa's fault for taking that pk right into the referee. On the other hand, the law pretty explicitly says if it affects play it's a scrum to the last touched the ball in that scenario. Glad to see Australia benefitting from their scrums are bad war on rugby.

yeah apparently they want Dupont wearing gold to start and their decathlete wearing gold to start the athletics.

imho great idea to put the refs name on the kits. . . makes referee abuse so much easier

having a Harry Potter name increases your chances of playing for oz exponentially
So the Dupont calls will be even more common. Playing for silver.

Who wants to annnoy me to explain why there's no GB men's team?

Who wants to annnoy me to explain why there's no GB men's team?
Well you see they destroyed all the individual sevens teams in order to spend more time together as team gb but then they failed to qualify for the Olympics anyway. Lost to South Africa in the last chance qualifier.

Well you see they destroyed all the individual sevens teams in order to spend more time together as team gb but then they failed to qualify for the Olympics anyway. Lost to South Africa in the last chance qualifier.
Well at least that beats what I suspected.

The Unions being knobs.

Latest posts