• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

No, I don't think that.

Do you think all the amateurs in Paris are within a few percentage points of the elite professionals?
No, but when you say local amateur I think it's fair to assume they would choose one on merit rather than search for one that would be good enough to somewhat keep up but bad enough to show how good the olympians are.

The uk is sending a full time doctor on the marathon team, the non glory boy sports already do this.

I missed the explanation (if there was one?) - who was the creepy boat rower in the intro?

Weird Olympic opening ceremony. So French having to be very different on the River Seine.

Seeing as a Russian was arrest not that long ago for the belief they were going to attempt to disrupt the Olympics, I would not be the least bit surprised to discover Russian involvement in this.
You're correct. I first heard about this story on BBC News before I posted that link for it from Yahoo! News. And the BBC commentator said that same thing...Russian involvement suspected.

Last edited:
Olympics opening ceremony or latest modern assassins creed installment on display here?

Man, poor Congo with the tiniest boat possible, what did they do wrong that they didn't get invited to any of the bigger consolidated boats like the others that directly followed?

I missed the explanation (if there was one?) - who was the creepy boat rower in the intro?
Guessing there'll be a big reveal at the end it's been a famous French celeb the whole time, I thought it was a fiction/folklore character I wasn't aware of

Got my fingers crossed it's Asterix

Guessing there'll be a big reveal at the end it's been a famous French celeb the whole time, I thought it was a fiction/folklore character I wasn't aware of

Got my fingers crossed it's Asterix
They've since referred to him as "mystery man" so yeah, the reveal will come.
But I think it's the character, rather than "actor" (who we think keeps changing) were wondering about.
Nothing obvious to French Wifish

My lack of money is on D'artagnan

Was sceptical of the boat idea when they announced it, but reserved judgement until seeing it but don't think it's working - no atmosphere at all, all feels a bit disjointed

Was sceptical of the boat idea when they announced it, but reserved judgement until seeing it but don't think it's working - no atmosphere at all, all feels a bit disjointed
I kinda agree, but... The parade of athletes is always where the atmosphere goes to die, as it just goes on so long.

I think combining it with the ceremony itself is improving the parade, but yes, making the ceremony disjointed.

TBF though, it's very VERY French