• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Yanks look like they've come in on an aircraft carrier

I kinda want to know how the likes of Faux News are covering the drag dancers :(

I kinda want to know how the likes of Faux News are covering the drag dancers :(
MAGAs will be going nuts and demanding they nuke Paris

I never seen someone set fire to the piano whilst it's being played. Is this their Mr Bean moment

Anyone know why Australie, and Les États Unis are the last flags / boats before France?

I assume USA is because they're next hosts - though I've not noticed that before, but Aus?

ETA: Aus hosting in 2032, of course.
Apparently this is a new "tradition" starting all of 3 years ago - no wonder I'd not noticed it before.

Last edited:
Nice of them to miss GB, Brazil and Japan on footage of previous hosts during that sequence.

Are they still bitter about loosing 2012?

Anyone know why Australie, and Les États Unis are the last flags / boats before France?

I assume USA is because they're next hosts - though I've not noticed that before, but Aus?

ETA: Aus hosting in 2032, of course.
Apparently this is a new "tradition" starting all of 3 years ago - no wonder I'd not noticed it before.
Usually alphabetical except Greece and hosts. I think because they used boats they fitted multiple countries on to larger according generally to their size so they would limit the number of boats. Does all seem a bit haphazard.

Music sound like they couldn't afford to get Daft Punk back together and git stuck on loop.

God this is tiresome.

With all the tennis players, you'd expect the flame to be Rolland Garros.
But I'm hoping they've turned the Louvre pyramid into the flame, that'd be SO cool!

Nice Pratchett flreferemce as a side benefit

I get the tennis theme but does seem weird to have Zidane passing the torch onto a Spanish current Olympian (and then two Americans) for one of the final legs of the relay

Usually alphabetical except Greece and hosts. I think because they used boats they fitted multiple countries on to larger according generally to their size so they would limit the number of boats. Does all seem a bit haphazard.
Well, no, it was all alphabetical - in French (to Cotter's confusion early on).
Except Greece first, and hosts last (as is traditional) and the new tradition of the next hosts going at the back too.

Last edited:
Okay the cauldron wins hands down best one to date.

Time for a French (Canadian).

Think I read that this might be Celine Dion's last performance, and is her first in 5 years - good to see her again, I know she's suffering with a pretty horrible condition

I do like that they've been happy to bring in non-french artists as well.
I know some think it's "have you no singers in France" but I think its more inclusive, more welcoming

Latest posts