• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2024 Paris Olympics Sevens

And now they're showing the hockey match they already showed - that's the worst of things that grates.
I like the hockey, it was the sport I was actually good at.
But do we need to spend 150 minutes watching the same 75 minutes of sport twice?

ETA: okay, unfair criticism, just a highlights of the hockey (though they did do it yesterday)

Last edited:
And now they're showing the hockey match they already showed - that's the worst of things that grates.
But do we need to spend 150 minutes watching the same 75 minutes of sport twice?

ETA: okay, unfair criticism, just a highlights of the hockey (though they did do it yesterday)
I'm watching the Archery final on Discovery+!

But yes BBC coverage is **** considering they can show two live sports at once.

I've been flicking between archery and skateboarding in case either suddenly became interesting.

They didn't.

But skateboarding finished, and it's tennis now.
At least I understand tennis.

BBC1spends too much time ignoring sport, to show people talking in studios (or talking in the vicinity of sport, but without sport). And too much time showing sport they've already shown.
You've o my got 2 channels to show sport - why waste 25% of that showing stuff that isn't sport?

Archery has gone to a shoot off. Korea needed 10 on the final arrow to win but hit an 8. I find that exciting.

Oh, tension at the end can be exciting - and I'm not remotely complaining about it being shown.
I just don't find it interesting. Purely personal

I've been flicking between archery and skateboarding in case either suddenly became interesting.

They didn't.

But skateboarding finished, and it's tennis now.
At least I understand tennis.

BBC1spends too much time ignoring sport, to show people talking in studios (or talking in the vicinity of sport, but without sport). And too much time showing sport they've already shown.
You've o my got 2 channels to show sport - why waste 25% of that showing stuff that isn't sport?
Did you know Adam Peaty is going for his third gold medal this evening?

I think I was at serious risk of not being aware.
Maybe they need to tell me nother dozen times :)

Ellie showing the importance of communication.
She can't see what's happening behind her guys, you need to tell her.

Vicious hand-off creates that for Levi

Why are we defending so narrow, whilst Aus are a player down?

Have we got too many 15s players out there?
Just not really playing 7s, and Aus are crucifying every little mistake.

And now they're using both channels to show the same tennis match, live.

FYI you can get a month of Discovery+ for £3.99

Latest posts