• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

The TV director can't seem to decide which microphones they want to use for this song, they keep switching and it's so jarring.

The Olympics considering the western hemisphere one continent when Eurasia and Africa have a similar land connection is something else.

I finally know what it feels like to be marginalized.

Not as many golds but totals very consistent - difference between gold and bronze can be so tiny at the top level I feel like that's the better indicator when comparing games between different totournaments
I'm unsure feels like we underperformed in many areas. Previous years suggest we're turning golds into bronze. That will start to eat away at overall count if the trend continues.

We're at under 50% golds in 12 years and 33% less from the last Olympics which was only 3 years ago.

Hopefully that will change we did have a mix of old guard and you whipper snapper this time around.

To me it feels like we're in a bit of a transition period, especially in some of our banker events - a lot of young track cyclists and rowers at these olympics who should only improve by next time round

Pretty sure I read many years ago that cycling and rowing were viewed as low hanging fruit for gold medals and so a load of funding was committed with a view to cleaning up at London 2012. These were sports that the Americans and Chinese didn't really prioritise and so GB swooped in. Now other countries like NL are catching up.

The Dutch have had a phenomenal games and that's largely due to Harrie Lavreysen doing what Hoy/Kenny used to do. Having one or two best in the world riders can really boost the medal count.

Last edited:
Well done Paris. Can't say that either opening or closing ceremonies were up to much but the stuff in between was brilliant and a great showcase for the city. The French public really got behind them. 2nd best OG behind London.

As for team GB. Increased medal haul but fewer golds - although some very very tight events. Some bankers like sailing and boxing weren't so clever but they'll be back as happened with the rowing. Track cycling is in transition although had Katie Archibald not fallen over in her garden the gold count would almost certainly have been higher.

Some amazing standards in some of the sports. 😀

Now for the inevitable rewriting of medalists in some events as drugs tests get failed 😡

Latest posts