• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Another sport: Guillermo Vilas spent aeons figuring out how to execute top spins at competitive level and was devastated when at one tourney he saw from far a guy doing exactly the same in the practice courts before a tourney. When he asked the player where did he get that from he replied; watching ping pong. The other guy was Bjorn Borg. The story is most likely apocryphal but i've heard it so many times i'd just like it to be true. All that theory is now in 10 billion 2 minute videos in every language, accessible to every kid who wants to pick up a racket.
Just came across a video of Vilas telling the story.

It's in spanish but i guess you can get eng subs in yt.

Just came across a video of Vilas telling the story.

It's in spanish but i guess you can get eng subs in yt.

funnily enough I came across the Mullen lecture on my algorithm a couple days ago

there are similarities other than the hair. Seeing someone else do what you spent ages on just to do it once. I loved how Vilas talked about how an idea started a belief and he just went out and tried it and didn't give up. Takes a lot of convictions to commit yourself to something that hasn't happened before.

First dance was weird again. Second hand a couple of blokes in a dress, presumably just to annoy the Americans again - a worthy reason.

Last edited:
Guru-Murphy need to learn to shut up and be happy.
Your job isn't to complain about the DJ, or complain that the French contingent in attendance is too big.

Australia really REALLY didn't want to take part in the final of the murderball!

All level, and a guaranteed restart, turned down 3 chances to score because they wanted to shithouse instead.

At best, they'd score on 39 seconds, and take the lead with Japan having 20-odd seconds to score, at worst they get turned over and see Japan score with no restart.
Ended up forcing the draw and extra time.
Where they chose shithousery over scoring whilst all was level, and seeing Japan score. Twice.

Note for Australia. Being ahead on the scoreboard is better than being level, but being level is better than being behind - even if taking the lead hands possession to your opponents, and gives them the opportunity to draw level.

Run down the clock when you're leading, not when it's level (possible exception if doing so gives your opponents virtually no time, and you're really confident of scoring). Definitely no point in running the clock down when you're behind

Japan #21 is just a class above everyone else on-pitch. I wince every time he goes for a 1 handed catch - but I don't remember him dropping one yet.

Combined table, kudos to Brazil, of course.

3bb42cdd183bce1ebc9760e2abb52493.jpg

Last edited:
End of games medal table

Screenshot_2024-09-09-15-17-05-497_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ironically TeamGB won a medal in every sport except wheelchair rugby

Is the server date off because according to the board we are posting tomorrow!

IMG_20240909_152105.jpg

Latest posts