• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: New Zealand - Australia (25/08/2012)

looooooool who's the insaaaaaaane fellow who dealt all that cash on a draw ?!! I'm cracking up !! :sarcastic_hand:

must be an SA supporter... they hoping on a draw, will work in their team favour...

so it must be a SA Supporter, with money on this forum :? maybe a moderator :?

TRF_Ezequiel comes to mind :D

Australia (the Reds?) have named their bench:
Saia Fainga'a, James Slipper, Radike Samo, Liam Gill, Nick Phipps, Anthony Fainga'a, Kurtley Beale

Interesting to see they have reverted to a more traditional 4/3 split this weekend.

Australia (the Reds?) have named their bench:
Saia Fainga'a, James Slipper, Radike Samo, Liam Gill, Nick Phipps, Anthony Fainga'a, Kurtley Beale

Interesting to see they have reverted to a more traditional 4/3 split this weekend.

Thanks Dar, Aussie 22 added to OP.

Love this part, almost time for the rugby but the anthems are awesome lined up with players singing.

Good game so far. Although tryless i think this game has been much better quality than last weeks.

I agree with welshglory!

Good to see Genia having his vacancy for this season... I think he craved this yellow card for 18 months

Now they will stop to give ball to SBW, they will dummy him and they will score 300 tries.

(sad) Fact.

Last edited:
Sonny gave Dagg a bad hospital. Wallies attack has dissapeared??..

Despite I think playing much better than last week this a terrible result for Australia.

Last edited:
The ABS winning but they dont really look good. Wallies missing their structered attack.

Yeah, I thought we were bloody terrible. Poor option taking and terrible ball retention. We should have well and truly put Australia away in that last 20 minutes.

Good game, if not great.

For the All Blacks:
- Romano didn't have a great game. I don't doubt his ability or anything, I just thought he was rather ineffective today. Retalick was very solid when he came on.
- Messam was much improved from the last match. I think the coaches will be quite happy with his performance. Vito was also good off the bench, putting in a few good hits and making some strong runs. Thomson is being rendered somewhat irrelevant now, I think.
- A Smith was very good tonight, possibly the best international games he's had in his short tenure.
- Carter was strong, and Cruden showed a few deft touches when he came on.
- Nonu and SBW worked better together tonight, SBW in particular had another good game. I was hoping he'd scored a try, I'm honestly going to miss him.
- Dagg was superb again, and B Smith was great off the bench. With a week off before the next match, I think Conrad will be back to fill in the vacancy left from SBW's departure, but Ben should be a good extra option, along with Ellison.

I think some people are being a bit hard on Robbie Deans. He's built a young team up, currently missing an integral member of that team or two (O'Connor, Horwill), and a few others are coming back from injury (Cooper, Mitchell), so it's understandable they aren't at full strength. Realistically Deans can only do so much with the resources he has.

Its a Blackout.

First down-trou for Australia since 1973 when Wales did it.

First since 1`962 for the All Blacks

SBW and Read were outstanding tonight (one of the surely MOTM)

Deans will be gone after this I think

People do forget Australia are still number 2 in the world. Given their resources that is a fair effort. Does anyone honestly believe that that Australian team is good enough to be number one in the world. The truth is man for man we are better than them. That isn't Robbie's fault. He deserves to stay on especially if Australia finish The Rugby Championship strongly.

So what if Australia don't have a good record against New Zealand? Many nations haven't even beaten them once. With Australia's lack of depth it is amazing they are still No. 2 in the world. People calling for Dean's head should quiet down.

Australia is just in a transition period. Same way South Africa is. New Zealand is stronger than they ever were these past 10 years. Last year was an exceptional year for Aussie rugby but this year things don't line up the same way. Horwill injured, which is a major loss, O'Connor also injured. New Zealand is just cruising through at the moment with the veteran leadership which makes it easier for talents to play their game. Australia looks a bit lost but they will bounce back.

Aus looked clueless
Get a Ausie coach in, get the players to play for the jersey again

the wallabies weren't at the races today, did not get why they were kicking the ball away when in possesion. don't think it was robbie fault, hopefully the wallabies will bounce back strong

disappointing result but full credit to the wallabies only losing by 20 points, they were simply outplayed by the All Blacks. Sometimes they just have to play what's in front of them and take several key learnings out of each game to focus on the positives. I'm sure they'll dismantle the match footage tommorow and figure out where they can improve for the next match.

HOLY ****, I'M EVEN STARTING TO SOUND LIKE ROBBIE DEANS NOW

Latest posts