• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Australia v New Zealand (20/08/2016)

the_best_performance_in_a_wallabies_jersey_gb_wa.png

NZ's dominance is ruining the sport. Think about that for a minute!

Is it NZ's dominance or the rests pitifulness? Food for thought.:rolleyes:

I dont see why if NZ has put the work in to make the best rugby system in the world we should be dragged down to everyone else's level!:mad:

... or is it other countries' seeming inability to drag themselves up to the required standard?

Did the absolute dominance of cricket by the Baggy Greens ruin that sport?

Did the Dominance of Football by Brazil ruin that sport?

There is absolutely no reason why other countries (with, I might add, far more financial and player resources) should not be able to match the All Blacks consistently. It will take TIME. The All Blacks didn't get to where they are now with quick fixes and short cuts. It started after the 2007 RWC debacle and it has taken nine-years of hard work, dedication, self-belief and commitment, with plenty of setbacks too (2009 for example).

The All Blacks dominance will not last forever, but I suspect that Kiwi fans are going to bloody-well enjoy it while it lasts. I know I am!!!

what it is is that new zealand is the only country that is entering a side in the "open" division and the rest are entering the "social" tourney. Unfortunately for everyone the all blacks are forced to play the social teams haha

Well that performance was downright depressing - possibly even more so than the games against England.

Seriously, the Wallabies actually look like they're getting worse and seem frankly soft. Defence is about attitude, and I saw nothing from the Wallabies that showed they had anything like the desire and commitment to compete with the big boys last night and actually just got bored and switched over to the NRL.

Unfortunately though, from a developmental standpoint I fear we're now in terminal decline... the AFL is now bigger in Sydney than Union and that was unthinkable just 10 years ago. The game needs a billionaire sugar daddy at this point if we're ever going to be a force again. Just writing that is depressing, but commercially we're ****ed... Friday night Football in the NRL now outrates these test and the ARU is the most incompetent sporting organisation in the country bar none.

Well that performance was downright depressing - possibly even more so than the games against England.

Seriously, the Wallabies actually look like they're getting worse and seem frankly soft. Defence is about attitude, and I saw nothing from the Wallabies that showed they had anything like the desire and commitment to compete with the big boys last night and actually just got bored and switched over to the NRL.

Unfortunately though, from a developmental standpoint I fear we're now in terminal decline... the AFL is now bigger in Sydney than Union and that was unthinkable just 10 years ago. The game needs a billionaire sugar daddy at this point if we're ever going to be a force again. Just writing that is depressing, but commercially we're ****ed... Friday night Football in the NRL now outrates these test and the ARU is the most incompetent sporting organisation in the country bar none.

ARU should stop bleeding money on their super rugby squads and focus domestically on preparing players to be shipped off overseas once they are good enough

if french billionaires are willing to foot the bill why not take advantage of them?

The trouble is without Super Rugby we'd have no professional pathways of note to develop any players at all. As it is a lot of our most promising juniors go straight into one of 16 NRL clubs anyway, so it's hard enough as it is and at least with SR we get exposure to NZ rugby.

The trouble is without Super Rugby we'd have no professional pathways of note to develop any players at all. As it is a lot of our most promising juniors go straight into one of 16 NRL clubs anyway, so it's hard enough as it is and at least with SR we get exposure to NZ rugby.

it's a tough situation, which is why i was thinking outside the box

at least you have it better than the US, where our best rugby players usually forget about the sport after high school and specialize on just football (even at an extremely low, non-scholarship level) in college

ARU should stop bleeding money on their super rugby squads and focus domestically on preparing players to be shipped off overseas once they are good enough

if french billionaires are willing to foot the bill why not take advantage of them?

Something that we learned a long time ago about players playing in Europe with their different style, is that they simply do not fit straight back in with the SH style of play.

The French "Foreign Legion" did nothing last night, not a bloody thing.. Giteau was off injured in the first few minutes and the rest (Genia & AAC) had no more than workman-like performances. These players were "X-factor" players in Super Rugby, but not any more.

To be fair Giteau was the only real star from France - AAC and Genia haven't been out of this world for a while now.

Something that we learned a long time ago about players playing in Europe with their different style, is that they simply do not fit straight back in with the SH style of play.

The French "Foreign Legion" did nothing last night, not a bloody thing.. Giteau was off injured in the first few minutes and the rest (Genia & AAC) had no more than workman-like performances. These players were "X-factor" players in Super Rugby, but not any more.

things aren't working well for australia no matter what way you cut it, the all blacks are a step above everyone

they need to find a new way of doing thigns

So, are you saying that ABs should give the other teams a handicap score before the kickoff. Similar to the betting system handicap.

So, are you saying that ABs should give the other teams a handicap score before the kickoff. Similar to the betting system handicap.

Sure that will make things more interesting :p

In all seriousness, that was a disappointing performance from Australia. Most of the tries NZ scored were soft right from the start. Poor defence, handling, lines outs.

They allowed NZ to play too freely. It was ridiculous. NZ were just toying around with the offloads and all.

With ball in hand Australia didn't know what to do.

I guess the only positive from the performance is that they can't play worse than that. Right?

Was a good game by the AB's, I missed the opening 15 and last 10 but everything I saw looked good.

They were pretty clinical you could tell they were not happy when they made mistakes, Barrett was awesome, really showed why he deserved to start.

Really need to watch as was so tired when watching it I couldn't really appreciate the game.

So who thinks it was a betting syndicate that's laid this listening device or the opposition? Im leaning on the side of betting syndicate.... I find it hard to believe an opposition team would do it... well maybe Eddie jones.... :p I think he'd do just about anything to get one over on us.

AB's showing they are so well managed using their own debugging equipment to find this "bug".

More of a rogering :)

- - - Updated - - -

Was like formula 1 when Schumacher won everything. Even if he was at a very high level, it was just no fun to watch.
Sport is about competition. The sport will be dire until the other teams catch up.

Was like formula 1 when Schumacher won everything. Even if he was at a very high level, it was just no fun to watch.
Sport is about competition. The sport will be dire until the other teams catch up.

And when they come up against a team of a similar ability they will cheat to win?

And when they come up against a team of a similar ability they will cheat to win?

The All Blacks are not Leicester, Tigs, they have class. ;-)

Ouch! Your honesty hurts. I watched Cheika in his post match interview and he was seething. He has every right to be angry. The Wallabies just didn't front up and thats not acceptable. Aussie has a rich tradition in their sporting culture and you always expect the 'Aussie Battler' to come out and make life tough for any opposition, especially at home. The tests against England were exciting and close and although England managed to pull off the clean sweep it was a a genuine arm wrestle.
This was a walk in the park and it was odd to see the Wallabies play at that lower level, they are better than that.

... though, from a developmental standpoint I fear we're now in terminal decline... the AFL is now bigger in Sydney than Union and that was unthinkable just 10 years ago. The game needs a billionaire sugar daddy at this point if we're ever going to be a force again. Just writing that is depressing, but commercially we're ****ed... Friday night Football in the NRL now outrates these test and the ARU is the most incompetent sporting organisation in the country bar none.

Results win crowds. If the Wobblies can turn it around then they can garner more support but you have a point about the ARU.

Last edited:

Latest posts