• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks Squad 2023 TRC

Sorta makes you wonder what place ennor has in the squad, as it seems he'd only get selected if ione was injured.

@Kiwiwomble every time I watch the highlanders I look to assess the passing game of TUJ, and I imagine the all blacks selectors are doing the same. Unfortunately the highlanders game plan doesn't involve him passing the ball very often at all. So I imagine, like me, the all black selectors remain unsure of his all-round game. But I was disappointed not to see him in the all blacks XV, especially as goodhue is the only accomplished 12 selected. Not sure how bailyn Sullivan made it ahead of TUJ and Levi aumua.

yeah, he may not be completely rounded...but what he does is what the AB's are missing in my my mind...taking flat foot ball a get getting over the advantage line...i think we need to stop focusing on having 15 10 out of 10 players....because we dont have them, we need to focus on getting 15 players that form an unbeatable team

stop focusing on having 15 10 out of 10 players....because we dont have them,
Not even the class of 2012-2015 had 15 10/10 players I recall Richie saying that what they were aiming for was each player being at least 7/10 for each test match in terms of level of
Performance.

Last edited:
Disappointed that the selectors have done what we probably all expected by not naming stevenson in the 23.

So, without three outside backs available who have all been picked ahead of him In the original squad, he still can't make the 23. This makes it ncreasiglt unlikely he will get to play for the all blacks this year

Also, are finau and McLeod going to get to play? When?

And who covers 12 in the team they have named for Argentina?

...and Shaun stevenson has been released.

Beauden has no doubt cemented his spot as first choice fullback.

Remains to be seen who the second choice fullback is.

Was a pity we didn't get to see our players challenged u see the high ball vs SA.

Predicted team for wallabies:
I'm reckon they want to give some players a chance before putting out the top team in The second test

Front row depends on availability: moody and/or Newell on the bench if available, other players depends on what happens there.

If whitelock is available then Scooter to 6 with samipeni and jacobson on the reserves, taukeiaho (wishful thinking perhaps) to start.

Leicester to start with jordan at fullback, telea on the right wing, damian, roigard, and alb on the reserves

Although now I'm wondering if mcleod gets a go off the bench with alb starting

I'm a bit disappointed that ardie hasn't been himself this year, but still think he should and will be persevered with

...and Shaun stevenson has been released.

Beauden has no doubt cemented his spot as first choice fullback.
you know what they say, easier to make the all blacks than get dropped

dont get me wrong....BB has been good....I just want to see people like SS rewarded for amazing form

its also annoying because he's been holding tackle bags rather than playing for the AB XV against japan

its also annoying because he's been holding tackle bags rather than playing for the AB XV against japan
Sure but I guess the main thing they wanted to know was what his attitude was like, how he worked with others, and how well he could absorb the required information. That way if players get injured they know whether or not it is a risk to bring him in and how seamlessly he could adjust.

The only players from the all blacks XV that I think can make it to the World Cup squad are players who have played for the all blacks before, or at least been in camp with them.

Latest posts