• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 TRC] Argentina vs New Zealand

Poor defensive organisation and tackle accuracy by the pumas. Nothing overly impressive by the all blacks attack.

All blacks still look disconnected, continue to put thenselves under pressure when attacking.

And our defensive structure still looks poor.

Disappointing performance.

Still, I like rugby, so I enjoyed it

Yeah first games in a month I'll take it. At least nz didn't screw up all the 4 on 1s they had.

Does have me excited for rwc though.

Poor defensive organisation and tackle accuracy by the pumas. Nothing overly impressive by the all blacks attack.

All blacks still look disconnected, continue to put thenselves under pressure when attacking.

And our defensive structure still looks poor.

Disappointing performance.

Still, I like rugby, so I enjoyed it
fascinating take

other NZ rugby forum im on is fizzing with at least the first half attack, the JB RI combo really firing, RI opened up the Puma backline 2-3 times to make huges meters

Dmac was miles better that anything we've seen at 10 for the last few years...just so much quicker with his pass...might finally have found someone quick enough to counter the rush defence. I do still have my reservations about his running sideways, at least twice he ducked and weaved behind our line...he risks getting done for obstruction or for someone he doesnt see to completely flatten him...but still much better than BB or RM at 10

I would also say the starting forward pack were almost faultless, it was only in the second half with changes and fatigue we started to give away penalties

dont get me wrong, think we started last year really well before reverting to fozzie standard...but there was some promising stuff

Last edited:
fascinating take

other NZ rugby forum im on is fizzing with at least the first half attack, the JB RI combo really firing, RI opened up the Puma backline 2-3 times to make huges meters

Dmac was miles better that anything we've seen at 10 for the last few years...just so much quicker with his pass...might finally have found someone quick enough to counter the rush defence. I do still have my reservations about his running sideways, at least twice he ducked and weaved behind our line...he risks getting done for obstruction or for someone he doesnt see to completely flatten him...but still much better than BB or RM at 10

I would also say the starting forward pack were almost faultless, it was only in the second half with changes and fatigue we started to give away penalties

dont get me wrong, think we started last year really well before reverting to fozzie standard...but there was some promising stuff

Surprised at some of the NZ negativity. Tbh their first half attacking structure frightened the crap out of me as an Irish fan. They seemed to have stolen a lot from the Irish playbook with short, fast passes, use of decoy runners and wrap arounds, with Dmac's pace bringing a whole new dimension to their play. It's hard to know just how poor Argentina were because of the the way NZ exploded out of the blocks. The only way to close that pace of play down is to somehow slow their ball down, which will not be easy given how rejuvenated their backrow looked. Cane in particular looks like a new player.

Have you watched Wales at all over the last year or so?

Latest posts