• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 TRC] Australia vs Argentina

To be fair, how many of those were against #1 and #2 in the world? Think we got a tad lucky at the end but if you look at the stats i dont believe luck was the only factor there.

To be fair, how many of those were against #1 and #2 in the world? Think we got a tad lucky at the end but if you look at the stats i dont believe luck was the only factor there.
Nah I don't think so. Wallabies discipline has been terrible for years and cost us again.

Fiji and Georgia will fancy us in the world cup and I think that's about where we stand at the moment. Fiji in particular have a great chance to beat us.

The match summary on the BBC website indicates that Eddie Jones did not bring on all his front row replacements. Is this correct?

According to Squige rugby there were hidden positives in Australia's performance and he believes Eddie has a plan to win the world cup which he is just waiting to unleash it on the world.
I don't believe you :p

as a Leicester fan I am pretty worried about Mckeler as he was touted as Rennies successor
Nah hes solid. EJ wanted him to stay and he made the prudent choice in leaving this **** show.

Hes a very capable provincial level coach. Hard to say what he brought as an assistant at test level but the experience can't have hurt his credentials.

Aus commentators love to whinge
They literally don't know the laws
1. It'd always someone else's fault when they lose
2. The refs have been cheating them since 1895
3. The refs don't know the laws
4. The laws need to be changed cause the game is boring
5. There are too many penalties
6. The other team always gets away with cheating
7. There is a world rugby conspiracy to keep Australia rugby down

Nah I don't think so. Wallabies discipline has been terrible for years and cost us again.

Fiji and Georgia will fancy us in the world cup and I think that's about where we stand at the moment. Fiji in particular have a great chance to beat us.
Fiji have a great chance to finish top and play Argentina in a quarter final. Come World Cup I see you raising your game, we will too probably but not enough to beat Australia so I think you'll still qualify. Australia v England quarter final is practically guaranteed.

It looks like Eddie is staring down the barrel of a 0-4 record going in to the RWC.

Losing against the Boks in SA, was always likely. Losing badly and then losing the one game they might have expected to win at home though, is bad news. Particularly when their next couple of games are against a resurgent NZ side.

I'm still backing the Aussies to win pool C though. There's a lot of talent in the squad and even if Eddie's stock is low right now, I think he can turn it around for he tournament. 4 losses would be a very bad start, but I maintain that a team being forged in adversity against top tier opposition is a lot better than playing meaningless games that can give a very false impression of where a team is at.

Fiji have a very good squad, but probably not much better than 2019. I thought they'd do well last time round but they underperformed against Australia and Wales and lost to Uruguay … They haven't beaten a good side in a long time and even if the talent is there, it would take a massive improvement for the m to win the group.

"(There's) a fair bit of optimism that we'll be able to change fairly quickly in the next couple of weeks. If I was the All Blacks I'd look out."

Jones does love running his mouth

It looks like Eddie is staring down the barrel of a 0-4 record going in to the RWC.

Losing against the Boks in SA, was always likely. Losing badly and then losing the one game they might have expected to win at home though, is bad news. Particularly when their next couple of games are against a resurgent NZ side.

I'm still backing the Aussies to win pool C though. There's a lot of talent in the squad and even if Eddie's stock is low right now, I think he can turn it around for he tournament. 4 losses would be a very bad start, but I maintain that a team being forged in adversity against top tier opposition is a lot better than playing meaningless games that can give a very false impression of where a team is at.

Fiji have a very good squad, but probably not much better than 2019. I thought they'd do well last time round but they underperformed against Australia and Wales and lost to Uruguay … They haven't beaten a good side in a long time and even if the talent is there, it would take a massive improvement for the m to win the group.
Fiji would need good coaches and regular tests against tier 1 nations in order to be competitive.

As welsh exile pointed out in other thread, Georgia can go toe to toe with the lower tier 1s. Idk how confident Australia and wales should be.

Latest posts