• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 2 (22 & 23 February 2019)

Very entertaining game, sad that the Aussies can't finish these games off, would have done wonders for Aus rugby if the Tahs last week and now the Reds this week could have pulled off the win.

Reds looked good, both 13 and 9 were lethal!

A couple of calls I was surprised weren't given, the deliberate knocks down by the reds in the first half and the tackle on Walden have both been cards in other games

Reds looked good, both 13 and 9 were lethal!

A couple of calls I was surprised weren't given, the deliberate knocks down by the reds in the first half and the tackle on Walden have both been cards in other games
Yeah I'm not sold on Sorovi, a few to many mistakes but have to agree with you about 13, Petaia looked lethal, Kerevi was back on form as well.

Frizell looked devastating again, and most of the Highlanders backs were pretty good, Thompson made a big impression despite only getting about 18 minutes of game time.

Last edited:
Why didn't the highlanders go for the Drop Goal at the end? WOuld have deprived the Reds of a bonus point?

Why didn't the highlanders go for the Drop Goal at the end? WOuld have deprived the Reds of a bonus point?
Yeah but had it hit the posts it may have rebounded.
Reds aren't even in their conference. I don't think they're thinking about such things at this stage of the comp.

I think I overestimated the Reds last year, but they just struck me as being well coached and having pace to burn - so I'm glad to see them improve. I presume they have the same coach, but what can explain this improved performance? Did HL really underperform?

I think it's incredibly lucky the referee ignored the forward pass from Aaron Smith that led to a try.... Even Stevie Wonder saw that one.

I think it's incredibly lucky the referee ignored the forward pass from Aaron Smith that led to a try.... Even Stevie Wonder saw that one.
True but there was a forward pass leadin to theirs just after plus several other calls so I think it came out In the wash

True but there was a forward pass leadin to theirs just after plus several other calls so I think it came out In the wash

That "forward pass" from the Reds wasn't forward at all lmao It went right along the line on the field. Aaron Smiths was like 2m forward, if it was flat it would have been fine. But it was ridiculously forward.

That "forward pass" from the Reds wasn't forward at all lmao It went right along the line on the field. Aaron Smiths was like 2m forward, if it was flat it would have been fine. But it was ridiculously forward.
You and me along with the rest of the internet and agree to disagree

Strong statement by the crusaders.

And so far, what a bloody game by the brumbies. Out for blood stuff from them. Hope they can keep it up in the 2H.

The Waratahs with a convincing win over the Sunwolves. Next week they'll face a tough opponent in the Papakura Under 12's

The offload by the winger for one of the Crusaders early tries was as incredible as they come.

I think we need to think about how many consecutive championships the Crusaders can win. What is the Super Rugby record?

And at least the Sunwolves didn't embarrass themselves.

"there were other players involved so only a penalty"

WTF

So basically you can lift someone above the horizontal as long as you do it with more than one tackler.

Lions defence is nothing short of immense, but this is just silly.

What a slip. Very entertaining last quarter. The Stormers threw everything but the sink.

20 min of an unstoppable force vs an immovable object. Congrats stormers.

Last edited:
Egon Seconds had an immense game for the Stormers. I thought the ref was very poor from the start. There were clear yellow card instances where he simply gave penalties. The Stormers used there get out of jail card tonight.

What is wrong with us? Second time we drop the ball on the opponents ingoal.

Latest posts