• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Natwest 6 Nations] Round 3 : Scotland Vs England 24/02/2018 16:45

LOL I see the English contingent are on the commute home. If Gatland or any other coach not coaching the England team had targeted an inexperienced English player, you guys would have been all over it like a rash. I'm so looking forward to the Ireland match. And the France game actually. I did hint that there could be a number of upsets this year and with one big one down, there could be more to come! LOL

It was more about how he pretty much slagged Patchell off before the game and suggested he wouldn't be able to hack it. Undermining an inexperienced player like that before a match, is hardly befitting a national coach - its almost like a playground bullying thing really only worse. I'm not saying it worked and he got into Patchell's head and that's why he had a bad game or nothing. Just EJ nuff said.

Sorry that's total rubbish. The pre-match build-up in pressure games is part and parcel of the game, and it's not EJs fault if Patchell didn't handle it. I don't believe the EJ was the reason he played poorly, but if it was that's Patchells problem.

Gatland on Hartley in 2011.
Gatland said: 'Dylan Hartley always seems to have a lot to say for himself, but we will see what he's got next week. Some of what he said was responsible for Richie Rees being banned for a lengthy period, yet he wasn't prepared to step outside with Gareth Williams when he was invited to do so. So we'll see how he fronts up on February 4.'
Gatland, a former All Black hooker, then alluded to New Zealand's repeated World Cup failures in another jibe at Hartley, who was born in Roturua but moved to England when he was 16.
He added: 'I saw him go to pieces at Leicester a few weeks ago and again on Saturday night. It just shows people can crack under pressure. It's another case of a Kiwi choking on the big occasion.'

(Which is funny given Gatland's RWC record LOL)

Sorry that's total rubbish. The pre-match build-up in pressure games is part and parcel of the game, and it's not EJs fault if Patchell didn't handle it. I don't believe the EJ was the reason he played poorly, but if it was that's Patchells problem.

You're missing the point as well! Tell me, why is EJ on a good behaviour order that he has to be careful what he says?

LOL I see the English contingent are on the commute home. If Gatland or any other coach not coaching the England team had targeted an inexperienced English player, you guys would have been all over it like a rash. I'm so looking forward to the Ireland match. And the France game actually. I did hint that there could be a number of upsets this year and with one big one down, there could be more to come! LOL

giphy.gif

What difference does inexperienced make?
Just because he hasn't played many tests it should mean the opposition take it easy on him? he won a Pro12 comp

Gatland on Hartley in 2011.
Gatland said: 'Dylan Hartley always seems to have a lot to say for himself, but we will see what he's got next week. Some of what he said was responsible for Richie Rees being banned for a lengthy period, yet he wasn't prepared to step outside with Gareth Williams when he was invited to do so. So we'll see how he fronts up on February 4.'
Gatland, a former All Black hooker, then alluded to New Zealand's repeated World Cup failures in another jibe at Hartley, who was born in Roturua but moved to England when he was 16.
He added: 'I saw him go to pieces at Leicester a few weeks ago and again on Saturday night. It just shows people can crack under pressure. It's another case of a Kiwi choking on the big occasion.'

(Which is funny given Gatland's RWC record LOL)

Like I said, Gatland is no angel. But that is like what, 7 yrs ago. Havent you got anything more recent? People do change you know?

What difference does inexperienced make?
Just because he hasn't played many tests it should mean the opposition take it easy on him? he won a Pro12 comp

Absolutely - in the game all is fair in love and war. We are on about a national coach putting down a player before the game.

Artist rendition of Rhys Patchell kicking for goal, going off the comments about Eddie's remarks towards him.

I think a psychologist would look at the poster as being insecure in himself and in need of some therapy.

So Gatlands comments were worse than Eddies, but that's swatted away because it was 7 years ago.

Nothing like a bit of double standards.

English players have been targeted in the press for years, literally no one gives a ****.
They're professional rugby players, if someone saying they can't handle the pressure causes them to lose the plot then maybe they don't have the head for it yet

So Gatlands comments were worse than Eddies, but that's swatted away because it was 7 years ago.

Nothing like a bit of double standards.

I was actually about to edit that post. Those Gatland remarks about Hartley were more like saying it as it is, and a lot might agree with those sentiments on Hartley for good reason- that is not the same as putting a guy down based on his inexperience, before a game. Having said that, yes Warren you bad boy!

I was actually about to edit that post. Those Gatland remarks about Hartley were more like saying it as it is, and a lot might agree with those sentiments on Hartley for good reason- that is not the same as putting a guy down based on his inexperience, before a game. Having said that, yes Warren you bad boy!

How is that saying it as it is and Eddies comments not.

Lol

Eddie Jones: "Patchell hasn't got much test experience, he may struggle with such a big occaision"

The5thOfficial: 'Oh my God, this isn't becoming of a national coach; this is bullying and blatant malicious targeting of a young player! #PrayForPatchell'

Gatland: "Hartley is a dick, a coward and I had sex with his mother last night"

The5thOfficial: 'That was before, people do change you know, he's just telling it how it is'

Come on, man...

Latest posts