English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 12.17.38.png

Much more interesting game after last week - I reckon home advantage and not starting Lucu will see France through, though

I think it's going to be a high scoring affair. If England play with the intensity and directness of last week we will cause France issues. France looked relatively light way through the middle.

Can't predict the result though

I need to see a back to back performance after last week to really believe that SB has done something good with the team and it wasn't a fluke. Let's hope we see more of the same in attack and defence but build on the error we did make last week.

For me it's England by 5 in a high scoring error filled game.

If France defend like they did last weekend, then England will get the chance to groove their newfound attacking plan, and we can start talking about having turned a corner.

What's the betting that Shaun Edwards will allow France to defend like that again?

France defensively have looked a mess this tournament so I fancy our chances of scoring some tries, but the French power game is a big threat and Le Garrec definitely improved their organisation in the last game, although Ramos at fly-half is a definite weakness, defensively against Wales he was a complete liability. Don't know what to think about this one. Could go either way.

I need to see a back to back performance after last week to really believe that SB has done something good with the team and it wasn't a fluke.

Agreed.

But Ire was so far the outlier from what we'd previously seen that some form of come down feels inevitable. Lots of people comparing Saturday to the 19 SF and we know what came after that high…..

We'll see. Both teams should be feeling a little better about themselves after the weekend though.

Will surely have to be a bit closer than the 50 point drubbing handed out at HQ last year.

IFW out with concussion, which is gutting. I think that game really shows what we lose from Daly in terms of pace and 'go forward'.

I'd hope to see Roebuck on the wing, but it's likely that we will see Daly, or potentially Steward.

IFW out with concussion, which is gutting. I think that game really shows what we lose from Daly in terms of pace and 'go forward'.

I'd hope to see Roebuck on the wing, but it's likely that we will see Daly, or potentially Steward.
That is gutting. Would love to know how we keep breaking people in training. Does every other country have the same issue,. It seems like it's always England.

Damn, that really is a shame

No one else in the squad that can fill the gap he's left - imagine it'll be Daly to start and maybe Tuilagi into the 23 shirt (or Steward?)

That is gutting. Would love to know how we keep breaking people in training. Does every other country have the same issue,. It seems like it's always England.

Sounds like it was delayed symptoms from the match, not training.

Real shame for both player and team.

Last time we played in France one F Steward was on the wing.

He self reported delayed symptoms from Saturday apparently. That's one for the W column for rugby and head injuries, great example.

Really disappointing as he gave England some much needed forward momentum, especially when England were going backwards occasionally. I imagine Daly will come in, but I really hope not. Would like to see a proper winger play.

If we play like we did against Ireland and still get beat I can accept it. Just hope last week wasn't a flash in the pan.

But Ire was so far the outlier from what we'd previously seen that some form of come down feels inevitable. Lots of people comparing Saturday to the 19 SF and we know what came after that high…..
Unlike 2019, it was an outlier in terms of execution (which was still far from perfect), not in terms of system/plan.
IFW out with concussion, which is gutting.
Dammit - and well played him for doing so.

I just hope we replace him with a proper winger, AKA not Daly or Steward (it'll inevitably be one of them).
I'd actually be tempted with Muir - not because I think he's the next best option; but he's been with the squad, learning the systems, and as an olympic medalist, he's less likely to be over-awed by the occasion (a definite advantage over any other rooky).
Also, of course, club bias.

Last edited:

That's killed some of my enthusiasm. He was so important to how we played against Ireland. Hopefully our system can still function regardless of personnel. He's done the right thing though.

Latest posts