English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 12.17.22.png

Interesting one this, not holding much hope for Scotland as I expect a serious backlash from the Irish. Championship ***le to cling onto for Ireland and a very elusive Triple Crown for Scotland should we manage a demi-miracle.

Last edited:
Yeah bit of a weird one. I think the loss to Italy is a heavier blow to take than one to England. If it was in Murrayfield I'd be a bit worried but I think we're still pretty untouchable in Dublin in the 6n.

Short of an early carding to the Irish and maybe a spell of follow up yellow I don't see Scotland winning this either. The best one could realistically hope for is a losing bonus point but I'd welcome more if they are offering!

Nash is ok which is good. Frawley not looking to pass.
Ringrose probable to return.
If Nash was out Stockdale is considered next man up.
I can see a few changes up front.

Short of an early carding to the Irish and maybe a spell of follow up yellow I don't see Scotland winning this either. The best one could realistically hope for is a losing bonus point but I'd welcome more if they are offering!
Last year we weren't competitive despite Ireland not having a hooker for half the game so I fear we'd need a few cards!

Last year we weren't competitive despite Ireland not having a hooker for half the game so I fear we'd need a few cards!
A sore memory that one, how we couldn't see a way to tactically pressurise them in that game is still baffling.

Messi can't really influence the lineout though.
If no one can state the bleeding obvious and the ones who can influence it don't make the changes, there is something very wrong (applies to any team sport)

Ireland (possible) v Scotland: Keenan; Nash, Henshaw, Aki, Lowe; Crowley, Gibson-Park; Porter, Sheehan, Furlong; McCarthy, Beirne; O'Mahony (capt), van der Flier, Doris.

Replacements: Kelleher, Healy, Bealham, Baird ,Conan, Murray, H Byrne, Ringrose.

Facts are if IRFU are paying Murray for another year they aren't doing it for us here in Munster.

Baird unlucky not to start but I get it that they like his impact off the bench

Latest posts