• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs Scotland - 03/02/24

Now I know how the English fans felt when they managed a draw
Do you think a bit of complacency crept in from the Scots?

Just goes to show that when momentum shifts, it's really tough to get it back. That's when you need your clutch players.

Is it not more damning of the players on the pitch actually giving the penalties away?

Or are they too stupid to be allowed to think for themselves?
Discipline is generally more of a coaching issue, seen it plenty of times. This is culture and drilled into them, evidently not enough for scotland

Discipline is generally more of a coaching issue, seen it plenty of times. This is culture and drilled into them, evidently not enough for scotland
No its not. Its a collective issue.

If the leaders in the squad and team aren't able to self-discipline, then they are in a poor place.

This isn't a bunch of youngsters. Its feckin international rugby - they've been around long enough to know what happens if they don't keep in the referee's good books.

If at this level the coaching team even have to mention discipline, it reflects extremely poorly on the mental faculties of the senior squad members!

Now I know how the English fans felt when they managed a draw
I was there. It was hideous. At least you won

Michael Jordan Crying GIF

Very niaive performance fro. Wales, especially at captain...

Russell spent the entire game chatting with o Keefe, Jenkins forgot he was suppose to have a chat at all...

Russell spent the entire game chatting with o Keefe, Jenkins forgot he was suppose to have a chat at all...
Didn't help Scotland though, did it?

I can accept the close loss. Didn't deserve anything based on the first 40. That should be Gareth Davies', Elias' and Watkin's last games in a Welsh shirt. I'd say Adams too, but we've almost run out of options on the wing and Grady didn't do anything after coming on.

Tomos Williams turned that game with the tempo he brought and willingness to spread the ball, although easier to chance your arm when almost 30 down. Lloyd made some errors, but he got the backline moving, Costellow needs to stop kicking the ball away! Winnet looked far for comfortable when the game opened up, solid display from him in difficult circumstances.

Alex Mann ans Teddy Williams were superb after coming on. Mann in particular did a bit of everything, very encouraging. Wainwright looked a different player when we upped the tempo. I think Reffell is capable of much better, but he won some crucial turnovers which probably should have won us the game.

Lots to build on. Hopefully it shows Gats that a gameplan of box kicking and up and unders does not suit these players at all. We need to play high tempo rugby and some of these youngsters could flourish.

Got to laugh after all the talk about Borthwicks kicking game, England kicked less metres than any other home nations team . Scotland kicked 1248 metres to England's 862, Wales & Ireland's 968 and 965 respectively.

England kicked less metres than any other home nations team
Well yeah, that's the whole point that people are complaining about
No one, and I mean literally no one, complains about kicking as a concept - it's the execution of the kicking, and England are ******* terrible at the kicking game

I agree I wasn't impressed with dafydd as captain, maybe first game nerves but from what I've seen he's not a clear leader , personally I'd prefer Tommy reffell as he lead by example also Tomos Williams shouldn't be overlooked, I just don't see dafydd as a clear captain but I guess time will tell with that.

Not sure what difference that would have made. Ref had little bearing on the outcome. I will critisise Jenkins' leadership in the first 40 though, needed someone to change the tactics long before half time. But gotta give a 21y/o captaining his country for the first time some slack. He'll learn from that, as will the rest of the squad and coaching team hopefully.

Well yeah, that's the whole point that people are complaining about
No one, and I mean literally no one, complains about kicking as a concept - it's the execution of the kicking, and England are ******* terrible at the kicking game
I raise you Wales

Not sure what difference that would have made. Ref had little bearing on the outcome. I will critisise Jenkins' leadership in the first 40 though, needed someone to change the tactics long before half time. But gotta give a 21y/o captaining his country for the first time some slack. He'll learn from that, as will the rest of the squad and coaching team hopefully.
Daf reminds me of a young AWJ. He's not at his physical and mental peak yet and you can see the potential of him getting there. I have a weird sense of hope for this team, without over glossing a loss.

I just think the whole we are in transition for tier 1 nations is just a convenience excuse to not be expecting to win the competition and to accept a loss (expect for Italy ) . We were in transition when pivac took over but managed to win the ***le. It's just a way for coaches to take pressure off themselves , I don't like it because it's a negative way of thinking especially when you hear it from the coaches , I'd prefer coaches to keep it to themselves and go out and expect to win . Yeah it was a good comeback but the first half was the worst Wales performance I've ever seen and it's still a loss at home .

I just think the whole we are in transition for tier 1 nations is just a convenience excuse to not be expecting to win the competition and to accept a loss (expect for Italy ) . We were in transition when pivac took over but managed to win the ***le. It's just a way for coaches to take pressure off themselves , I don't like it because it's a negative way of thinking especially when you hear it from the coaches , I'd prefer coaches to keep it to themselves and go out and expect to win . Yeah it was a good comeback but the first half was the worst Wales performance I've ever seen and it's still a loss at home .
Come back when you're drunk arena. Please

Latest posts