• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] France vs Ireland - 02/02/24

Ireland were great, really have recovered well from the WC disappointment, I'd really like to see the time wasting stamped out of the game, the amount Ireland wasted during the yellow card period was mad, I'd be interested to know the ball in play time during it, ref calling use it use it at every ruck then still given as much time as he wanted after, then give up calling use it all together.

Ireland were really clinical tonight, fair play. But France look a shadow of themselves since the WC. Ireland didn't really show their normal intensity either but well drilled and very physical.

France looked like the France of few years ago. Too much reliance on been "bigger" than the opposition. Their defence was really poor. Ireland did a number on them in the line out and at the breakdown. France are desperate for a proper open side imo

Ireland far better and sharper all over the pitch. MCcarthy and Crowley superb in what was a big step up in their careers.

Ireland were great, really have recovered well from the WC disappointment, I'd really like to see the time wasting stamped out of the game, the amount Ireland wasted during the yellow card period was mad, I'd be interested to know the ball in play time during it, ref calling use it use it at every ruck then still given as much time as he wanted after, then give up calling use it all together.
I agree about the time wasting, but I put it down to yet more dreadful refereeing

I agree about the time wasting, but I put it down to yet more dreadful refereeing
Can't disagree with that, ref shouldn't allow it, it makes him look even poorer as he's clearly aware of it keep mentioning it but never actually punishing or really enforcing anything.

Ireland were very good - but if I'm honest, I think they played better against France at home last year. France were absolutely shambolic. They looked a disorganised mess. I don't know where that French team goes from here. That's going to be a really difficult one to recover from.

Interesting never been a back to back GS, Irelands will be the first.

Latest posts