• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] France vs England - 16/03/24

It's hard to put two players who to be fair have looked very good over a couple of games into the same bracket as ones who have won world player of the year, slams and world ***les, they have proven it even when people know their qualities, whilst in places we have depth in the pack we really can't compete overall with France or SA.

On an unrelated note seeing the U20s doing well does show promise for the future.
Also having to play Smith at 15 for 73 minutes. He did okay but he's not a fullback.

Plenty of positives for England. I think we've found a lot of very good young players to build around and hopefully there are more coming through looking at how the U20s are performing.

Also having to play Smith at 15 for 73 minutes. He did okay but he's not a fullback.

Plenty of positives for England. I think we've found a lot of very good young players to build around and hopefully there are more coming through looking at how the U20s are performing.
Foe gods sake don't be positive on here....😆😆

hopefully there are more coming through looking at how the U20s are performing.
What are the thoughts on Pollock? He looks a bit Robshaw to me i.e. very nuts and bolts, big workrate, definitely nice to have, all those platitudes, but outside of geeing everyone up no real point of difference? Or at least nothing that warrants all the hyperbole

What are the thoughts on Pollock? He looks a bit Robshaw to me i.e. very nuts and bolts, big workrate, definitely nice to have, all those platitudes, but outside of geeing everyone up no real point of difference? Or at least nothing that warrants all the hyperbole
Decent player...but in a position we have real strength...so don't expect to see him much

Other positions in thay squad will have a bigger impact on the seniors

He's only had half an hour in the Prem so far, impossible to say at this stage - plenty of players have looked good at age grade and then not made the step up

Don't think he's looked as stand out as others have in previous years that were obvious they'd make the step up

With Ludlam leaving he should have plenty of opportunity next season, and the prospect of his partnership with Pearson is exciting (I still think Pearson's a 6 long term)

It must be Dan Cole's last match soon. I mean he is still playing well but he will be 37 before he could be capped again.

I don't think he's bad or anything. I'm just not sure he's got the players, time or ability to go as far as winning world cups and put them at the top etc. We'll see of course and I hope he does well and I think he will.
Who do you think does have the qualities you mention?

Who do you think does have the qualities you mention?
With this squad? I don't think they could do it regardless. Again, he's a good coach, but I'm not expecting him to lift trophies. He's come into the role at a difficult time and the sport in general in the UK is in a weird state.

The point made earlier about the team round him is interesting though. I do wonder if some tweaks need to be made there.

Strange comparison. Pollock is nothing like Robshaw. He has modelled his game on Michael Hooper and the hype around him is currently built around his highlight reel moments and try scoring.

If anything the 'nuts and bolts' elements of his game are the areas that need working on.

I think he's one for the future, but there are a lot of superior players at 7 right now so I don't expect to see him any time soon.

He's nowhere near ready for test rugby but I can actually see the Scots sniffing around him as soon as this summer.

If Carnduff can get in the Tigers side more often, I think he has a better chance of breaking through sooner.

He is the opposite of RobShaw imo
Robshaw was a ruck and tackle monster. Pollock likes space with ball in hand and a poach here and there.
Similar hair when Chris went peroxide a few years back 🤪

Really?
Ireland v Scotland today was poor, this game was bang average, Wales v Italy was poor..
Depends on what you think is the perfect game of rugby. High scoring, close and entertaining. Probably means defending is bang average. Low scoring, close and entertaining. Probably means attacking is bang average. Name the perfect match of rugby in the last twenty years and someone will probably find ways of finding bits that weren't great or the losing team played below par.

Latest posts