English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 09.31.21.png

I strongly fancy Scotland to win this. You can have a poor performance but France on Friday looked structurally all over the place. Their attack was laboured and defensively they were a shambles. I maintain that even without the red card, Ireland would have won that game.

Scotland nearly blew it in Cardiff but they know they got away with one and they will want to make it count. They weren't anywhere near their best and will have to play better this week but I think they will with being at home. Having Kinghorn and Darge back will improve them as well.

This game hinges on the first 20 minutes for me - if Scotland can get ahead I'm not sure France have the right mindset at the moment to come back. They looked mentally shot against Ireland.

I strongly fancy Scotland to win this. You can have a poor performance but France on Friday looked structurally all over the place. Their attack was laboured and defensively they were a shambles. I maintain that even without the red card, Ireland would have won that game.

Scotland nearly blew it in Cardiff but they know they got away with one and they will want to make it count. They weren't anywhere near their best and will have to play better this week but I think they will with being at home. Having Kinghorn and Darge back will improve them as well.

This game hinges on the first 20 minutes for me - if Scotland can get ahead I'm not sure France have the right mindset at the moment to come back. They looked mentally shot against Ireland.

Wish I shared your optimism. We don't really know if Friday was a bad day in the office for France or if they are in the early stages of a slump - things should become more clear on Saturday. A Shaun Edwards led backlash is never a great prospect for France's opponents.

Agree having Darge and Kinghorn back (assuming both as passed fit) will be a big boost. I was hoping to see Christie force his way in but Toonie went with his favourites. Second row is a big concern for me. Gilchrist is back from suspension and so I guess it'll be him and Cummings. Really need to stay on the right side of the ref this time when competing at the breakdown. The 14 consecutive penalties and two YCs were a killer.

I've got Scotland over France.

Star Trek GIF

Last edited:
France were clearly missing Goldencheeks, but I still think they'll have enough for a close win, quite possibly after the clock goes red.

If Scotland can carry the same (slight) momentum from Cardiff and tactically outsmart France there is a good chance of a win here I reckon. France have to find something to really turn themselves around performance wise.

This should be entertaining. Scotland will be confident but not cocky after the weekend and I back them once given a sniff in Murrayfield.

Scotland to win this. France are without the best player in the world and I don't trust their coaching staff to make any adjustments.

Crosbie and R Gray out for the rest of the 6N. Imagine the back row will be M Fagerson/Christie, Darge & Dempsey.

This is the battle of the second half capitulators. The side that capitulates the least will prevail.

Super Johnny Matthews has to be in the 23 as does Maggie Bradbury. Get it sorted Toonie.

Last edited:
Feeling OK about this one, if it was in Paris then I really wouldn't be but with a bit of noisy home support and some backsides being kicked hard for discipline during the week, Scotland are capable of winning this.

France will have been whipped during the week as well, need to get under their skin and disrupt everything.

Scotland should be confident going into this, but there were a few extremely worrying signs last week...

When the slightest bit of pressure came on against a team averaging age of 23 or so, Scotland folded like a wet napkin. Some parts of their game crumpled, especially defensively. Alex Mann, Winnett, Mathias, Jenkins, Teddy Eilliams and co are all young, and nowhere near their physical peaks, intact I'd argue they're still all too small for int rugby, and they looked dominant in facets of that 2nd half.

so the question is, were France a mess last weekend? Was it the game being in Marseille? Lucu having a horror show? The small u it's out of sync? Or were Ireland just too quick and smart in every facet of play?

Regardless, I think if France go back to basics, go to the power game Scotland are going to struggle.

France by 10+

Why are France going with Luku at scrum half? He's not a player you are developping into the international first XV at his age. By the time the next WC comes around, he'll be out of the game and he'll have taken up minutes from younger lads that could do with playing, someone like Le Garrec.

Why are France going with Luku at scrum half? He's not a player you are developping into the international first XV at his age. By the time the next WC comes around, he'll be out of the game and he'll have taken up minutes from younger lads that could do with playing, someone like Le Garrec.
Have they announced the team? I havnt seen

Annoying that France clocked that it's helpful to have multiple lineout options and a left winger.

Latest posts