• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Wallabies, August 7th 2010, Fifth Tri Nations Test

im a kiwi and a avid cricket follower and every chappell hadlee series its a big talking point

No. Most kiwis (or rather, 90% of world cricket) complaints were to do with the aussie cricket team being cheats, dishonest, and being downright douches on the field - and not with umpiring.

No. Most kiwis (or rather, 90% of world cricket) complaints were to do with the aussie cricket team being cheats, dishonest, and being downright douches on the field - and not with umpiring.

Too right haha, that being said NZ rarely claim to have been "robbed" in cricket. (As in their cheating prevented us from winning).
Its more "They beat us, they are a better team, but they are also prima donna cnuts. so there."

Too right haha, that being said NZ rarely claim to have been "robbed" in cricket. (As in their cheating prevented us from winning).
Its more "They beat us, they are a better team, but they are also prima donna cnuts. so there."
Yeah lol. We don't bother with excuses in losses cos we know our team is rather shite. :lol:

Much like Wallabies. :lol: :p ;)

Daniel Vetorri can only hold the entire team above his head for so long but eventually they all come crashing down on him.

disagree referees in all sport are reluctant to referee a game where a massive underdog wins, look at cricket where bangladesh and zimbabwe get 50/50 calls go against them more often than australia does,the nz public didnt mind conspiracy theories about the aussie cricket team having the umpires in their pockets, john bracewell would bring the subject up every year and as far as im concerned the home crowd will always have an effect on 50/50 decisions especially if its a strong home team

Obviously, this did not bother Wayne Barnes in 2007, Patrick Robin in 1991, (Wales v Manu Samoa RWC) and Ed Morrison in 1999 (Wales v Manu Samoa RWC)

Last edited:
wow 3 games where an underdog won
im a rugby fan not an all black fan,i just hate the way where so sensitive about them and watchn rugby at a pub with a lot of kiwis is quite annoying at times the way we get fired up,kinda of like alot how a lot of aussie fans turned on the baggy greens
anyway you lot musnt have followed alot of cricket pre 07 when it was seemed that the aussies had an metal edge over thee umpires and the same accusations were thrown at them like the abs are gettn

That really REALLY hurt my head. I know this is not a grammar board, but please man. Surely you can do better than that?

"way we get fired up,kinda of like alot of aussie fans turned on the baggy greens..."

Goeie donder.

wow 3 games where an underdog won
im a rugby fan not an all black fan,i just hate the way where so sensitive about them and watchn rugby at a pub with a lot of kiwis is quite annoying at times the way we get fired up,kinda of like alot how a lot of aussie fans turned on the baggy greens
anyway you lot musnt have followed alot of cricket pre 07 when it was seemed that the aussies had an metal edge over thee umpires and the same accusations were thrown at them like the abs are gettn

Nah, I don't follow crickets much. noisy little buggers keep jumping away.

I like "the aussies had an metal edge over thee umpires" haha nice squirrell. I'd favour em 2 if a metal edge was involved.

Haha ... I'm new here, and lost ... can someone please direct me to the "All Blacks V Wallabies" thread please :)

I'm hoping that we see a 15 V 15 man contest, but I don't think we will - the players are always going to test the referees to the limit of the laws, and the refs themselves are under scrutiny for inclusion in the World Cup

Imagine what the page count will be once the week is over.
On that note, what is the post/page limit for a thread?

Back on topic, I hope we get to see a good game, where one team comes from like 30 points down at half-time to win the game

All blacks by 15, still think the wallabies wont win when cooper isnt playing at 10. Is this Faiinga guy at 12 any good. The All blacks really dont like losing with the team they have at the minute, especially in the form they're in, cory jane looks to be a cracking player doesnt look the case for rokocoko hosea gear should be given a chance.

It'll be a good game tonight in Christchurch as I mentioned before Im tipping the All Blacks to win for this week but I think its going to be a close game due to the conditions. Yes it looks like rain tonight hopefully both teams wont be affected by it and that both teams can put it together nicely to see some good tries.

Well Im off to my semi final later on enjoy your day and some fine Bledisloe rugby.

Alby Mathewson left the squad yesterday afternoon, as his partner was having a baby. If the baby is born (and is fine) he is expected to be back with the squad this morning. If not we could see another halfback drafted in (maybe Ellis as he's been with the squad before, only played 20 odd mins on Thursday, and is probably already in Christchurch), or they may use Cruden to cover Halfback and bring Dagg onto the bench. (http://tvnz.co.nz/all-blacks/expectant-dad-mathewson-leaves-3687496).

Its forecast to be a cold wet evening in Christchurch - I'm hoping for a reasonably open game despite the conditions.

Same thing happened with Weepu the other week, didn't it?

Yep. Sounds like they are pretty confident Mathewson will be back in time. I'm really hoping he's back and gets some game-time as he was the form NZ halfback in the Super 14, and could add another dimension to the AB's attack with his running game.

Alby Mathewson left the squad yesterday afternoon, as his partner was having a baby. If the baby is born (and is fine) he is expected to be back with the squad this morning. If not we could see another halfback drafted in (maybe Ellis as he's been with the squad before, only played 20 odd mins on Thursday, and is probably already in Christchurch), or they may use Cruden to cover Halfback and bring Dagg onto the bench. (http://tvnz.co.nz/all-blacks/expectant-dad-mathewson-leaves-3687496).

Its forecast to be a cold wet evening in Christchurch - I'm hoping for a reasonably open game despite the conditions.

Ellis can bugger off..

The way i see it, New Zealands halfback situation at the moment is:

1)Weepu
2)Cowan
3)Matthewson
4)Fotuaili'i
5)Smith
6)Ellis
7)Leonard
8)Kerr-Barlow
9)Keats
10)Romans/Goodin

(With Taniela Moa slotting in anywhere from 4 to 20 depending on his mood)
I'd much rather the pull up a young future player or use Cruden than giving Ellis more caps just because he knows the setup. Just because they made the mistake of picking him before doesn't mean they should make it again

Ellis can bugger off..

The way i see it, New Zealands halfback situation at the moment is:

1)Weepu
2)Cowan
3)Matthewson
4)Fotuaili'i
5)Smith
6)Ellis
7)Leonard
8)Kerr-Barlow
9)Keats
10)Romans/Goodin

(With Taniela Moa slotting in anywhere from 4 to 20 depending on his mood)
I'd much rather the pull up a young future player or use Cruden than giving Ellis more caps just because he knows the setup. Just because they made the mistake of picking him before doesn't mean they should make it again

For a one-off game with no training what-so-ever they would be much better off getting someone who at least knows the general game-plan (and has played extensively with Read and Carter), than bring in a player who has never even played with the team before - its just common sense. I don't think it will happen, as by the sounds of it Mathewson will be back (and they may have used Cruden as cover in any case).

For a one-off game with no training what-so-ever they would be much better off getting someone who at least knows the general game-plan (and has played extensively with Read and Carter), than bring in a player who has never even played with the team before - its just common sense. I don't think it will happen, as by the sounds of it Mathewson will be back (and they may have used Cruden as cover in any case).

They would only be on for the last 5 or so minutes in a pretty much dead rubber match, i dont see training as being a huge issue here. Added to that these guys are professionals, rugby is what they do. I would see this as a good opportunity to give a young guy a couple of minutes

Latest posts