• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Wallabies, August 7th 2010, Fifth Tri Nations Test

I don't recall any game in history (apart from perhaps NZ v France '07) having such a referee backlash. We lost 49-0 to Australia in 2006 and nothing was said of the ref. Don't you think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, many of the backlash was justified in this instant? I do, because the referee was VERY lenient towards the All Blacks. I think he was just frustrated at the way we were reacting to it, and started lashing out. I don't blame him really. We were an embarrassment. Started looking like we thought he was a football referee.

Anyway, back on topic pls.

Why is J'O C playing on the wing? He doesn't have the speed. He needs to be 15 imo, with Burgess at 14 and Beale on the bench. AAC at 13... meh. Didn't Dingo learn from the Springboks what happens when players are not in their preferred positions? Suppose he isn't really spoilt for choice though with Cooper and Ione out. Australias two best players in my opinion. Genia is nothing without Cooper. A bit like Morne Steyn is nothing without Fourie du Preez it seems.

the only justifiable criticism is about the tendency towards cards which has been the case the whole year

Jericho

referees lenient toward the All Blacks eye

New Zealand 3 matches 34 penalties.... 11.3 per match
South Africa 3 matches 24 penalties..... 8 per match
Australia 2 matches 18 penalties...........9 per match

The stats say that you are wrong!!

That does not prove a thing, giving away a penalty in the middle of the field or when the game is lost can have no impact impact on the game and distorts the Refs handling of the match.

Jericho

Ok man. Whatever you say.

haha so its a conspiracy now? Like the refs are actually giving away penalties at unimportant times to make the stats look better?

edit: also I love how you say that Jericho as if smartcooky's the one suggesting something ridiculous

Last edited:
Ugh. In honesty, what can any New Zealander offer as evidence?

Like seriously...everything is a conspiracy or unfair or cheating.

Doesn't anyone just want to man up and admit that the All Blacks are winning this Tri Nations, because they are by far the best team? South Africa were last year (there was no where near this amount of crying) and now we've adapted to better suit the new rules. Referee's don't have these kinds of agenda, especially considering they will know they'll be the ones scrutinized if they get it wrong. The last ref was Sotu African for goodness sake, doing the All blacks any favours, will do him no favours in South Africa.

their giving away the most penalties in the danger zone but have only received 1 yellow card and that was for a perfectly legit tackle, deans has no choice but to play AAC at centre, what about rod davies is he still injured?

Bloody Bok fans. Is your whole country into this whole conspiracy theory? sure seems like it. Maybe they should leave the tri-nations and go ply your one dimensional game in the 6 Nations where it's more suited. Your games been found wanting big time by the AB's and Aussie, get over it already. Atleast get used to fact your gonna end up with the wooden spoon

Jericho

Stats can be interpreted in different ways and therefore can be meaningless.

If this nonsense carries on Ill start deleting posts ... focus on the upcoming game.

There is no favoring of one team over another by international referees
There is no conspiracy to help the All Blacks win
It just doesn't happen folks.
I could go through videos of matches and cherry-pick short video sequences to prove anything I liked

Anyone who believes this crap about some global conspiracy against South Africa or Australia or any team deserve to be locked up in the loony bin with Peter de Villiers.

Last edited:
disagree referees in all sport are reluctant to referee a game where a massive underdog wins, look at cricket where bangladesh and zimbabwe get 50/50 calls go against them more often than australia does,the nz public didnt mind conspiracy theories about the aussie cricket team having the umpires in their pockets, john bracewell would bring the subject up every year and as far as im concerned the home crowd will always have an effect on 50/50 decisions especially if its a strong home team

Wallabies team announced:

15. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs)
14. James O’Connor (Western Force)
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies)
12. Anthony Faingaa (Queensland Reds)
11. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)
10. Matt Giteau (Brumbies)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Richard Brown (Western Force)
7. David Pocock (Western Force)
6. Rocky Elsom (Brumbies, captain)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs)
3. Salesi Ma’afu (Brumbies)
2. Saia Faingaa (Queensland Reds)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Substitutions:
16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
17. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
18. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
19. Matt Hodgson (Western Force)
20. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs)
21. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
22. Cameron Shepherd (Western Force)

Good to see Shepherd in there, Adam Ashley-Cooper is more than capable of playing centre although most of us would prefer him at the back.

Anthony Faingaa I have to admit was a bit of a surprise selection at first but when I look back at the Reds fantastic backline he was very much part of their good form.

All and all as usual another good Wallabie side maybe not their best but a good team none the less.

I think this game is not gonna be as high scoring and much tighter. Just a feeling thats how Deans will want to approach it, try and nullify the AB's strikepower

Another win to the blacks I feel.
Game to be high scoring but not a point a minute like last time.
Aussies to continue to try and play an open running game.

Sorry, not sure if anyone is allowed critique your critique of the video but I thought it was worth a comment in defense of the original poster. I've moved it to the 17 vs 14 thread instead.

Last edited:
Raises some good points, but in reality, the All Blacks are not doing things any differently to the way the Springboks and Wallabies are doing them, its just that the compiler of the video has cherry-picked the sequences he wants to show to back up his point. If I could be bothered wasting my time trawling through hours of video and micro-analysing it, I know I would find plenty to back almost any point I want to make.
So true. Michael Moore (or any other form of 'shock' editing) uses this.

It's quite easy if you know what agenda to push.

haha so its a conspiracy now? Like the refs are actually giving away penalties at unimportant times to make the stats look better?

edit: also I love how you say that Jericho as if smartcooky's the one suggesting something ridiculous
Yep - it's a conspiracy. For the past 100 or so years the ABs are a shite team and need help from refs. - despite the fact we've probably seen as many bad calls than we have good ones. :rolleyes:

Never mind the fact that this probab;y happens to ALL teams, of ANY sport.

Seriously,get over it people.
Ugh. In honesty, what can any New Zealander offer as evidence?

Like seriously...everything is a conspiracy or unfair or cheating.

Doesn't anyone just want to man up and admit that the All Blacks are winning this Tri Nations, because they are by far the best team? South Africa were last year (there was no where near this amount of crying) and now we've adapted to better suit the new rules. Referee's don't have these kinds of agenda, especially considering they will know they'll be the ones scrutinized if they get it wrong. The last ref was Sotu African for goodness sake, doing the All blacks any favours, will do him no favours in South Africa.

I know. Its' pretty annoying mate. It seems like the ABs - win, lose, or draw - can't do anything right.

I've noticed that on these boards, us kiwis can't criticise any other team without punishment, but yet the same can't be said for those that make knee-jerk comments because their team lost.

disagree referees in all sport are reluctant to referee a game where a massive underdog wins, look at cricket where bangladesh and zimbabwe get 50/50 calls go against them more often than australia does,the nz public didnt mind conspiracy theories about the aussie cricket team having the umpires in their pockets, john bracewell would bring the subject up every year and as far as im concerned the home crowd will always have an effect on 50/50 decisions especially if its a strong home team

lol You know this how? :lol:

Home crowd has an effect, yes, but only to an extent. This is not only limited in rugby though. And I doubt that it's hardly the AB's fault.

Most of you really need to get a grip. I know that Rugby is everyone's passion here, but the lot of you need to realise that you can't resort to blaming the refs/ABs for every freaking thing that goes wrong with your teams (ahem Wallabies, Boks). <_<

im a kiwi and a avid cricket follower and every chappell hadlee series its a big talking point

im a kiwi and a avid cricket follower and every chappell hadlee series its a big talking point

Oh I thought you're Australian lol...your past posts kind of suggest you are but I guess Im wrong. However I dont know many rugby loving kiwis that hope their All Blacks lose i.e...

wallabies to thrash those arse wipes
-squirrel

Latest posts