• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Six Nations: France vs England (Round 1)

Ben morgan.
What moron didn't pick that monster to start the game.???
Hmmmm??
Was it Andy Farrell?
Morgan is on FIRE.
He should be the second name on the team sheet after Lawes.

Third. Farell is before him.

England lost so post match discussion is cut to 30 seconds, bloody typical.
England you need to throw out Andy farrell and Lancaster needs to have a look at playing form players like Morgan from the bloody start Arrrgghhh !
Who was it chasing back to slowly to intercept Fickou 5 metres short of the try line?
Was it Barrett puffing like an old man? Please correct me because i want to know who that sluggard was...
Tom Woods is exonerated there he actually got back and got left with a two on one, but the centre, was it Barrett ? Was puffing like an old man and ouldn't get near a pedestrian Fickou.
Shameful.

Glad Goode isn't getting away with how bad he was on here. I saw very few tweets mentioning the sheer ineptitude of his display.

Well in France.

England you need to throw out Andy farrell and Lancaster needs to have a look at playing form players like Morgan from the bloody start Arrrgghhh !

1322828904593.jpg

Alex.
I'd have preferred Andy to be honest.

Ha ha I was daydreaming but was he always that bad.

But I have to say England will have heart but did they make subs at wrong times. People say Morgan earlier ?? I don't know as Morgan wasn't in magical form. My biggest questions were shoulda Care have came off that early or even at all? And should Ford have replaced a less than 100% Farrell

Last edited:
ALLEZ LES BLEUS, one game from a complete whitewash, the girls in Grenoble in 45 mins and then we can celebrate, but well paid England so close,
GOOD GAME SIRS................

Just had a quick gander on twitter - loads of people saying Nowell was ****...

Most metres made - 9 tackles made, none missed... yeah definitely ****.
Oh yeah... he also beat two defenders - the same number that Ashton beat in eight games last year.

Haha, yeah what the hell is that guy shmoking?
Morgan could never be considered a form player as he's quite often rubbish for his club. He does often turn it on for England, but not every game.
Also Vunipola was good today, and had a big hand in Burrell's try - not exactly a bad outing.

- England were the better team. Yes I know, easy to say when your team wins...
- France looked like they were on autopilot for about....let's see, 75% of the match ?
- England had a 5kg advantage per forward, and it sure looked like it pretty fast even though we contained them the first half.
- England look more and more like a team mature and ripe enough for a RWC, especially at home.
- France DID look better on attack (than before), but still quite a bit to work on...
- Plisson was neither good nor bad. Just a fly-half.
- Machenaud, Slimani and Fickou brought a lot off the bench. Our subs finally making an impact.
- Scrums looked good for France, but Marler has put on muscle in deed and even carries ball. Vunipola is one weighty scrummager at LH.
- that try at the end was just awesome.
- English defense was fierce and frustrating and relentless.
- This match reminded me a little of FRA SAF 2013: eventually we'll need to inflate our forwards, we're constantly constantly under-weight.
- B.Vunipola, what a monster.
- What an insane finish by Mike Brown 1 on 4 on his try. He shouldn't have scored that, anyone else would have been tackled.
- Say what you want, but Farrell fits the English FH profile perfectly for their gameplan, and is very competent at it.

England went 18-0, eighteen unanswered points. I'm just relieved we beat them, and don't feel like celebrating. Just very relieved we finally get a bright spot, just a bit.

- England had a 5kg advantage per forward, and it sure looked like it pretty fast even though we contained them the first half.

I wouldn't trust the weights that France give out... they never seem accurate.

England lost so post match discussion is cut to 30 seconds, bloody typical.
Who was it chasing back to slowly to intercept Fickou 5 metres short of the try line?
Was it Barrett puffing like an old man? Please correct me because i want to know who that sluggard was...
Tom Woods is exonerated there he actually got back and got left with a two on one, but the centre, was it Barrett ? Was puffing like an old man and ouldn't get near a pedestrian Fickou.
Shameful.

Sad troll must troll harder

Too many imports denying places to potential qualified players, too many games in a season, not enough time with the players and a poor management team…..no wonder England lost!!!

- England were the better team. Yes I know, easy to say when your team wins...
- France looked like they were on autopilot for about....let's see, 75% of the match ?
- England look more and more like a team mature and ripe enough for a RWC, especially at home.
- France DID look better on attack (than before), but still quite a bit to work on...
- Plisson was neither good nor bad. Just a fly-half.
- Machenaud, Slimani and Fickou brought a lot off the bench. Our subs finally making an impact.
- Scrums looked good for France, but Marler has put on muscle in deed and even carries ball. Vunipola is one weighty scrummager at LH.
- that try at the end was just awesome.
- English defense was fierce and frustrating and relentless.
- This match reminded me a little of FRA SAF 2013: eventually we'll need to inflate our forwards, we're constantly constantly under-weight.
- B.Vunipola, what a monster.
- What an insane finish by Mike Brown 1 on 4 on his try. He shouldn't have scored that, anyone else would have been tackled.
- Say what you want, but Farrell fits the English FH profile perfectly for their gameplan, and is very competent at it.

England went 18-0, eighteen unanswered points. I'm just relieved we beat them, and don't feel like celebrating. Just very relieved we finally get a bright spot, just a bit.

Just to add Swareski (hooker spelling is wrong) made huge difference too. Not just for build up to try but in general open play and added bit of fire when French needed it

I wouldn't trust the weights that France give out... they never seem accurate.

hey man, you can't deny England had much bigger forwards altogether. Since the modern game, your typical English lock is like 120/123kg, ours is more like 115kg.
Same with the flankers. Tom Wood, Robshaw and co. are 110/115kg. Not to mention B.Vunipola in at 126kg or Morgan with his 116kg. Our flankers are like 100kg (Nyanga, Dusautoir) with Le Roux an exception at 115kg coz he's a saffa.

English people are just thicker (physically) and taller anyways in general, not just in Rugby. Thank God we have Picamoles who can compete weight-wise with the Willem Alberts and Tom Woods of the world.

But I'm saying:
England's power game is working. I was very pleased with how France was containing the English forwards in the first half. Then you could see how an England surge would linger and our tackles weren't as efficient and our defense would bend with almost every impact...

England have a sure plan going for them. Only South Africa is even more weighty, but they can always rely on pure strength. England will always have a clinical set of forwards throwing themselves at the opposition, on attack or on defense, and there's no taking this away from them. They don't need to focus on the precarious nature of flair attacking in their gameplan, the weight will always be there, heavy ball carrying.

Now a big test for England I think is Wales at home in Twickenham.

EDIT:
Just to add Swareski (hooker spelling is wrong) made huge difference too. Not just for build up to try but in general open play and added bit of fire when French needed it

I just call him Szar. Yeah he did, for once. Good running. Good point.

Too many imports denying places to potential qualified players, too many games in a season, not enough time with the players and a poor management team…..no wonder England lost!!!

:p

Last edited:

Latest posts