• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 5: France vs. England (19/03/2016)

LOL oh come on they didn't exactly blow the french off the field now did they? And before you you bring up the Welsh game they (the english) didn't finish that too strongly either.

As Wales' own Martyn Williams said before the Wales v Italy game, you can only beat what is in front of you and England did just that. Had Wales won the grand slam this year, Welsh fans would argue they don't care how they won it. No-one else will be pleased England won the 6 nations this year, let alone the Grand Slam, because they all hate England; especially the Welsh.

The thing is it took the RWC winning team 5 goes at winning the slam, and only when they were at their peak and just before the 2003 RWC. This team is young and has bags of the potential to win a couple more before 2019 RWC.

Can't wait for Scrum V tomorrow, I bet you anything all they will do is emphasise the Welsh under 20 winning the Grand Slam and brush over England Seniors winning the Grand Slam.

As Wales' own Martyn Williams said before the Wales v Italy game, you can only beat what is in front of you and England did just that. Had Wales won the grand slam this year, Welsh fans would argue they don't care how they won it. No-one else will be pleased England won the 6 nations this year, let alone the Grand Slam, because they all hate England; especially the Welsh.

The thing is it took the RWC winning team 5 goes at winning the slam, and only when they were at their peak and just before the 2003 RWC. This team is young and has bags of the potential to win a couple more before 2019 RWC.

Can't wait for Scrum V tomorrow, I bet you anything all they will do is emphasise the Welsh under 20 winning the Grand Slam and brush over England Seniors winning the Grand Slam.

Scrum V should be considered a national embarassment.

That's to be expected, isn't it?

...Given that it's the Welsh rugby program.

YAWWWWWWN with the we're the champions and everyone (AKA a few sad armchair keyboard warriors) hates us paranoia.

That's to be expected, isn't it?

...Given that it's the Welsh rugby program.

Of course, that's why it'll be fun to watch the Welsh pundits and audience wriggle in discomfort as they grudgingly acknowledge England winning the slam.

brilliant six nations by England - there are no easy grand slams, not sure what all this talk about sour grapes but expecting all the welsh fans on this forum to congratulate us on a deserving win, i was out in dublin tonight and many irish were very gracious in there praise! - that was france's best performance, at home as well, they were well beaten in the end - swing low tonight boys - whoop whoop!

YAWWWWWWN with the we're the champions and everyone (AKA a few sad armchair keyboard warriors) hates us paranoia.

Well, it's nice to celebrate winning trophies. Maybe when Scotland can win more than 2 games in the Championship, then it'll be worth celebrating just as much. Anyway, it's not paranoia that the rest of the nations despise England. You only have to listen to the words and sentiment of the Scottish National anthem to know how much Scotland hates England; also 45% of peeps showed that last year.

12419245_10153456551878193_3102570829837220538_o.jpg

Well, it's nice to celebrate winning trophies. Maybe when Scotland can win more than 2 games in the Championship, then it'll be worth celebrating just as much. Anyway, it's not paranoia that the rest of the nations despise England. You only have to listen to the words and sentiment of the Scottish National anthem to know how much Scotland hates England; also 45% of peeps showed that last year.

Yawwwwwnnn.

England deserved to win by a country mile. Listen to the words of the second verse of our anthem

Most consistent team won, and deservedly so. I thought France were going to ermm...'pull a France' at the start of the game, but then they just dissolved.
Congratulations to England (that doesn't hurt as much as people may think)
I fear for Italy, as Parisse cannot go on forever, and he was just turning up in crazy places today to break up plays. If he played for anyone apart from Italy (or Scotland :p), he'd be winning world player of the year every year. Apart from him, Italy have some exciting wingers and centers, but they really don't appear to be progressing.

I am Scottish and WILL congratulate England on their Grand Slam because a) I'm not bitter and b) because I have English friends.

England were the better team over 5 games, simples!!

Plus it means Scotland end a respectable 4th instead of 2nd bottom, its time to forget this anti England pish and congratulate England on a job well done!!!!

We'll done England, they had some luck but used it to get a grand slam, considering that's 50% as many as Ireland have and 33% as much as Scotland do it's a big achievement...

Being comfortably the better side for ~70 minutes if all their games would suggest it would have been unlucky to lose it too! Look forward to winning it again in 2029 chums, you'll be sickened when we grab it in 2070.

Grand Slam

Ha ha. I'd be inclined to drop the Grand from that. But yeah England you deserved it in this mediocre year.

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't finish strongly but we did the rest strongly. Fact is, the comments about how we don't "deserve" it or it was such a poor 6N that the GS is meaningless just seem like sour grapes. We beat every team therefore we deserve it. If it was such a poor 6N then why didn't Wales win? It's lose lose.

Close games all though: You weren't that much better, the GS doesn't mean much
Win some games convincingly: Everyone was so bad, the GS doesn't mean much.

Fact remains, we won the GS and the lack of grace from some other nations supporters in social media is really quite baffling.

I've never said England didn't deserve it. They did. Its just that now, the same old pattern will emerge about how England will win everything going and probably, they won't. That's all. But yeah well done - and I wone a few quid :)

You're right , this team lacks talent but shows the right attitude. It will take some time to rebuild and we need to be patient.
We finish 5th in this tournament and we are at our place.

Usually where you end up, is a reflection of the team as a whole. Hopefully we will give a better showing next year. Onwards and upwards.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL oh come on they didn't exactly blow the french off the field now did they? And before you you bring up the Welsh game they (the english) didn't finish that too strongly either.

England weren't that great, but they won everything. Pretty good achievement for a team who only got together late Jan.

Well played England they deserve their Grand Slam, France did not look great but the passion was there and i think there is improvement, its not going to happen overnight but give NOVES A CHANCE i PERSONNALLY WATCHED IT WITHOUT TOO MUCH EMOTION AS AFTER WE THUMPED racing Metro (leaders of the TOP 14) by 60-7 and 9 tries to one the high was far too high to get upset about France
WELL PLAYED ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!

I picked this from the get go.
England had three away games and people were saying it was too hard to expect them to win a slam with the itinerary they had... but away to Scotland was likely, away to Italy was nailed on, and since Ireland beat France a few months back in their group game and then the All Blacks slaughtered them in a RWC record breaking defeat for the knock out stages, we knew France were going to be very average.
The two home games were against the tougher opponents, Ireland, who have dropped their level with retirements and injuries, and Wales, who Gatland has too tightly on a leash.
This was very do-able and I am not surprised England have a slam under their belt.
Congratulations to the ERU for making the change to bring in Eddie Jones. His man management skills
Congratulations to Jones and his kiwi captain Dylan Hartley who has shown how much is possible when your captain makes the 'right decisions' at the right time.

However, I can't see any of the 6 teams offering much challenge to the big southern hemisphere powerhouse rugby nations.
The Wallabies are going to give England a torrid time, that will stand England in good stead for the next RWC as this young team develops.

However, I can't see any of the 6 teams offering much challenge to the big southern hemisphere powerhouse rugby nations.
The Wallabies are going to give England a torrid time, that will stand England in good stead for the next RWC as this young team develops.
This again, you know Scotland would've knocked the Wallabies out of the World Cup at the QF stage were it not for a useless SH ref?

Provided England don't head down under with 5+ players missing, they'll give Australia a tough series. Hell Martin Johnson's side drew a series in Australia in 2010, it's not an impossible task.

This again, you know Scotland would've knocked the Wallabies out of the World Cup at the QF stage were it not for a useless SH ref?

Provided England don't head down under with 5+ players missing, they'll give Australia a tough series. Hell Martin Johnson's side drew a series in Australia in 2010, it's not an impossible task.

I think England will give Australia a run for their money.

Latest posts