• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] France vs Italy (09/02/20)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
France.png
VS
Italy.png
15:00, 09/02/2020
Stade de France, Paris

France by 20, but be an absolute delight attacking wise. Don't think Italy will have the possession we did.

I don't think Italy were as a bad as the score suggested against Wales. Perhaps their defence but attack did pose a few questions. France seem on the up though and you would expect a comfortable victory for France so I'm going for an Italy win. :p

Yeah, hard for Italy - unless France think they have it won before setting foot on the pitch. In which case the question becomes "Can Italy capitalise before France halt their momentum?"

I think France might be back finally. can see this getting ugly again for Italy. Wales didn't play that well on Saturday and still won by 42 points. I think France will rip them to shreds. the only thing that could aid Italy here is French complacency. can't see it though. France by 40.

France probably won't be as good as last week but they won't have to be. Even if they do lose focus and let the Italians into barring a big change from last week Italy don't seem to be able to turn time on the front foot into points, which is essentially the first thing you need to cause an upset.

Off the cuff, i'd say a France win. But they have to keep to basics throughout.

France probably won't be as good as last week but they won't have to be. Even if they do lose focus and let the Italians into barring a big change from last week Italy don't seem to be able to turn time on the front foot into points, which is essentially the first thing you need to cause an upset.

Totally agree here... i don't see Les Bleus loosing, but they will play a level under what they did over England (not forcely due to italians but because the crunch has something special)... and I hope we won't crush Italy, to let them improving and learning things, to not give up definitively... Rugby needs to be more "international"... This sport has a lot improved in the last 30 years : Italy, Japan, Argentina, pacific isles, Canada, USA ... if we were loosing Italy, it will be terrific, maybe we could introduce a system of relegation with european B teams... Georgia, Russia, Portugal, Romania (if they were to remember they do have beaten French in the 80's)... we have to promote rugby all around the world.

Also, French squad is still a young team in transition (with an incredible range of possible improvements), it's would be great to have some match with Italy... cause after, we meet Wales, and whatever the score between Wales and Ireland, it will be another final before the end... at least for the French...

Expect an easy French win but Italy cannot be as bad as against Wales.

I don't think Italy were as a bad as the score suggested against Wales. Perhaps their defence but attack did pose a few questions. France seem on the up though and you would expect a comfortable victory for France so I'm going for an Italy win. :p

My sentiments too. The scoreline was unfair to Italy last week, and some of their attacking methods and set-piece plays were impressive. Still, I expect France to have a comfortable home victory.

Hoping France put on the style here. Italy have Polledri and that's about it. So France should be winning at a canter. So congrats Italy on your win

Italy need to change something but not sure they can. Proper French 10, grubber on point misses the simple conversion.

With the loss of Parisse and Ghiraldini Italy just look rudderless
Need some more talismanic leaders to build their side around

Latest posts