• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] New Zealand vs. Australia in Wellington (24/08/2013)

will crockett, messam or saili be avaliable for selection?

will crockett, messam or saili be avaliable for selection?

My understanding is that Saili is avaiable but won't be used in the 22. There's nothing official on the other two but from what I've heard Messam is still out and I don't know about Crockett

How many injured there in the Aussie camp? Mmm... If they don't have major injuries, then they could win in Wellington. The first half of the game in Sydney they played well, they could cause an upset. And it seems they will not play Jesse Mogg, it's your weakest player in man against man

The Aussies certainly will smell blood. Cruden did an excellent job directing play. But Aaron Smith actually had a big hand in it as well. If we can mix in Dagg, Ben Smith, Nonu, and chuck in Savea in as 1st receiver and mix it up a bit, we ccna ease the pressure on Slade/Taylor.

The thing we need to cut down on, are the mistakes and discipline. That frustrated me to no end the first game.

How many injured there in the Aussie camp? Mmm... If they don't have major injuries, then they could win in Wellington. The first half of the game in Sydney they played well, they could cause an upset. And it seems they will not play Jesse Mogg, it's your weakest player in man against man

Ozzies will need to find something else on attack to have any chance I think.

From where I sat appart from the opportunist try Genia got they really didnt look like dotting down at all. I just can't see them beating the ABs at home unless they can score two or three tries minimum. Any ideas where they will get their points from? Cooper at pivot might give them more on attack but I think he would leak that many points and some with his mistakes and poor D.

They have to get Folau into the game somehow. That's their only hope I'd suggest.

I am hoping we can win this one against all odds. Beating the ABs on home soil will do wonders for the Wallabies self belief. yes I know it's a MASSIVE ask but the AB injuries need to be exploited. Pressure must be put on the halves and if we can minimise the errors which the ABs capitalised on last week to score points, then there is a chance.

Agree with you ABs2011... if the Wallabies win, we will need to score tries. the backrow needs to lift it's game, bar hooper. Genia MUST stop waiting for the ball to hatch behind rucks allowing the defence to position themselves and we must have support players on the shoulder of a runner who has made a break. Folau needs to get some space to run into.
I think the ABs just need to stick to the same game plan, it's not like it hasn't worked in the past. The question is can Slade or Crotty execute it as well as Carter or Cruden can.

I am hoping we can win this one against all odds. Beating the ABs on home soil will do wonders for the Wallabies self belief. yes I know it's a MASSIVE ask but the AB injuries need to be exploited. Pressure must be put on the halves and if we can minimise the errors which the ABs capitalised on last week to score points, then there is a chance.

Agree with you ABs2011... if the Wallabies win, we will need to score tries. the backrow needs to lift it's game, bar hooper. Genia MUST stop waiting for the ball to hatch behind rucks allowing the defence to position themselves and we must have support players on the shoulder of a runner who has made a break. Folau needs to get some space to run into.
I think the ABs just need to stick to the same game plan, it's not like it hasn't worked in the past. The question is can Slade or Crotty execute it as well as Carter or Cruden can.

Im picking Slade will suprise alot of you. He was coming into some crazy good form before the highlanders ran out of games for him to play at the end of super15.

I really think they need to keep Slade closer to selection than he has been. Imo he should be ahead of Barrett but I know most wont agree with that.

Carter still has games left in him but man the wheels are beginning to wobble on him imo. Its no coincidence that Cruden has developed an injury aswell.... we basically have two slightly fragile first choice first fives from here out imo.

Im picking Slade will suprise alot of you. He was coming into some crazy good form before the highlanders ran out of games for him to play at the end of super15.

I really think they need to keep Slade closer to selection than he has been. Imo he should be ahead of Barrett but I know most wont agree with that.

Carter still has games left in him but man the wheels are beginning to wobble on him imo. Its no coincidence that Cruden has developed an injury aswell.... we basically have two slightly fragile first choice first fives from here out imo.

Cruden just came off a full season of Super Rugby where he played every minute bar the last ten or fifteen of the second Crusaders match. I'd hardly say he's injury prone.

this one could be painful to watch for Aussie enthusiasts..

you're right, Slade did start hitting form toward the end of S15 and it showed on the score board with the highlanders. His inexperience at test level may be a problem and I think if we have any chance of beating you guys, we must target that inexperience by applying pressure. i haven't seen him crack under pressure before, but I can't say i've seen every one of his 10 tests, the ones I have seen he has come in off the bench when the game was all but won and basically had to find field position with the boot.

I mean, what else can the wallabies do? we've tried killing mccaw and that didn't seem to work :p

This should be a great game. Wallabies need to get Mowen (or other forwards) running more off of the 9-10 area. Then look to go wide and get some of those amazing backs into play.

I also think there lineout is quite strong and should be even better. They just need to get out there and give it a go, forget the scoreline and focus on just hammering the All Blacks, aka enjoy playing and competing against these guys.

Poor old Australia

prepare-your-anus_o_870983.jpg
I take it you have not watch any International rugby last year and you never saw the Stormers play?

weepu would not seriously be considered, there are better options.

Ian Foster on radio sport today talking about Weepu:
"he (Weepu) is definately a strong consideration" and "is very much in our plan".

Also for what it's worth my inference from the interview in terms of Taylor v Slade is that the ABs are going with Slade for the weekend.

well I guess there are 5 super rugby teams that means 5 starting 10's in NZ and when you get down to options 6+ that's when you get creative. But I bet if Foster had been asked the same question about other players he would have given the same answer

When Colin Slade is hot he's definitely hot.

But Tom Taylor is just more consistent and a significantly better goal kicker.

I would start Taylor and look to bring Dagg and Ben Smith into first reciever to lighten the load in his first test.

But I expect Colin Slade to start simply because he has 10 tests under his belt already. I do fear he is a bit more prone to errors though, and can have bad days with the boot. I mean for test footy you really need a 75% kicker or at least 70%. I dont think he's a 70% kicker. Taylor basically is a 90% kicker, arguably the best goal kicker in NZ.

and yeah the weepu discussion is more about what would happen if someone else went down and we were looking at option number 6

Taylor named at 10!

Woodcock, Hore, Owen Franks, Whitelock, Retallick, Luatua, McCaw (captain), Read, Aaron Smith, Taylor, Savea, Nonu, Conrad and Ben Smith and Dagg.
Reserves: Coles, Crockett, Faumuina, Thrush, Cane, Kerr-Barlow, Slade and Piutau.

awesome, Taylor to start!

All Blacks: Israel Dagg, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Tom Taylor, Aaron Smith; Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (capt), Steven Luatua, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Jeremy Thrush, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Colin Slade, Charles Piutau.

Latest posts