• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: Wallabies - All Blacks @ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (27-8-2011, 10:05GMT)

agree'd Sam. As an Aussie, i don't condone his specific behaviour although I like the idea of getting under McCaw's skin

exactly, he asked to be hit(not necessarily kneed in the head) with the amount of crap he tries, he's a serial offender at the breakdown

exactly, he asked to be hit(not necessarily kneed in the head) with the amount of crap he tries, he's a serial offender at the breakdown

Unlike all of the other top opensides in international rugby... they are all angels :rolleyes:

Heinrich Brüssow and David Pocock also win a lot of balls illegally. I guess it's part of the game. McCaw should not be so stupid to respond to stuff like this. He doesn't need it

George Smith on the other hand was the perfect openside, this is gospel and not open for discussion. thank you, have a nice day

HahAHA McCaw deserv 2 b hit cuz hez a cheat! Gud on Cooper 4 neeing McCaw's hed. U shud b alowd 2 hit ppl of da ball if day r gud @ doin der job! PoCock & brossow neva cheat lik McCaw. Cooper da man, jst cauz hez betta Dan carter no need 4 da kiwi 2 cry lol

HahAHA McCaw deserv 2 b hit cuz hez a cheat! Gud on Cooper 4 neeing McCaw's hed. U shud b alowd 2 hit ppl of da ball if day r gud @ doin der job! PoCock & brossow neva cheat lik McCaw. Cooper da man, jst cauz hez betta Dan carter no need 4 da kiwi 2 cry lol

is that you Quade? :)

haha having a mint troll bra?

It's not about whether or not a player deserved to be hit, it's whether or not Quade should be allowed to knee another player in the head.

****le is ****le but Cooper's a coward, and because McCaw's happy to take it and just worry about his job - Cooper will keep on getting away with it.

Let's make it clear: Cooper wouldn't do that to Mealamu would he?

Also, George Smith would've knocked the smile off cooper on and off the field if he did that to him.

Australia have got:
Italy - Mirco Bergamasco loves a bit of a scrap, especially when his teams losing and he feels hard done by (see 2010 6N vs Wales, him and Mike Philips almost had several fight)
Ireland - Sean O'Brien will ruin him if he tries to tackle him (I imagine we'll see his matador impression that smart cooky posted, when he let Nonu through for a try)
Russia - "minnows" always love a good fight, and Russia seem like a hardnosed team from what I saw in the Churchill Cup
USA - Who knows, will probably start chanting "USA USA" and hoist him up a flag pole or something :p

In the first game against Australia they are at it again. Piri Weepu set up the first try by going through a hole created by Ali Williams holding Quade Cooper to the ground.

Not as if he would've stopped him anyway :p

Can be seen at 1:35 ish

Go back to the first South Africa game just before Wyatt Crockett scored in the corner. It is hard to believe that Richie McCaw could be four yards offside and get away with it, but there he is holding back the South African lock..
Can be seen right at the start (about 15s in)

As Nonu was running through another black hole, a prone David Pocock was waving his arms in frustration. McCaw and Keven Mealamu had held him pinned to the ground for 14 seconds.

Watch from about 5:55 onwards (can also see Pocock getting hauled down when it shoes a replay of Nonu running in)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was quite smooth how Quade went about his kneeing of Ritchie lol. He'd make a good actor young Quade.

I dont blame Quade for having these episodes with McCaw, because what is a no.10s most annoying player?...thats right the no.7.

I think these 2 should have a Boxing match, get them to a good even weight, followed by Adam Blair vs Glen Stewart and then SBW vs Hopoate...ka CHING!! $$$$$. I can see Quade running and jabbing and McCaw chasing and throwing bombs. However I dont think a Boxing match would put an end to these 2s on-field scuffles and just as well because I enjoy it. Keep it up lads, good stuff.

Wow... Those clips, and cheating claims.... ESPECIALLY McCaw in that offside position taking out the defender! Quade cooper was also blatantly taken out. How the hell did they get away with those??? And people lambast us for being boring? Ha Ha.

You can say what you want but a match with Quade Cooper and Richie McCaw is NEVER boring hahaha

I remember watching an interview of Richie McCaw. He said he plays to the right to the edge of the rules and adjusts to the referees calls. So if the referee is pinging him then he will change his tact, if not then we continue pushing the law. Cheating or not, I think he is quite smart and thats why people are jealous of him.
At least he doesnt go around throwing cheap shots. He gets aggravated by so many players each game but he never retaliates. Its always his team mates that come and back him.

I remember watching an interview of Richie McCaw. He said he plays to the right to the edge of the rules and adjusts to the referees calls. So if the referee is pinging him then he will change his tact, if not then we continue pushing the law. Cheating or not, I think he is quite smart and thats why people are jealous of him.
At least he doesnt go around throwing cheap shots. He gets aggravated by so many players each game but he never retaliates. Its always his team mates that come and back him.

There is a difference between playing on the fringes of the law on the one hand and on the other going out looking to cheat and continuing to do so if you're getting away with it, particularly with the game played at such pace and there only being 1 ref. I'm not saying Richie is doing one or the other; just saying that it's a subtle difference and the sport should take care not to go the route of becoming a farce.

There is a difference between playing on the fringes of the law on the one hand and on the other going out looking to cheat and continuing to do so if you're getting away with it, particularly with the game played at such pace and there only being 1 ref. I'm not saying Richie is doing one or the other; just saying that it's a subtle difference and the sport should take care not to go the route of becoming a farce.

The rules of rugby are such that the line between cunning play and cheating is a very thin one. It is impossible for a referee to lay down each and every law to the letter all at once; a good player will therefore work out how best to play to the referee's interpretations. Calling McCaw a cheat because he is good at this is unfair.

To my mind, a cheat is someone who deceives the referee at the expense of another individual, for example divers in football.
A thug is someone who commits cheap-shots.

For me, citing is for the above two because they contradict the ethics of sport. Penalising by the referee is for other, more usual infringements, because they are part and parcel of sport. Here, I'm talking of a striker straying offside and getting away with it/ a flanker slowing down the ball... These are law boundaries that must always be tested, the citable ones are wholly unnecessary and dishonest.

For me, there's a difference.

The rules of rugby are such that the line between cunning play and cheating is a very thin one. It is impossible for a referee to lay down each and every law to the letter all at once; a good player will therefore work out how best to play to the referee's interpretations. Calling McCaw a cheat because he is good at this is unfair.

To my mind, a cheat is someone who deceives the referee at the expense of another individual, for example divers in football.
A thug is someone who commits cheap-shots.

For me, citing is for the above two because they contradict the ethics of sport. Penalising by the referee is for other, more usual infringements, because they are part and parcel of sport. Here, I'm talking of a striker straying offside and getting away with it/ a flanker slowing down the ball... These are law boundaries that must always be tested, the citable ones are wholly unnecessary and dishonest.

For me, there's a difference.

LOL, that reminds me of SBW's dive. He had a bit of a laugh afterwards but I think it's sad that this type of play was brought into a rugby test match, earned a penalty dishonestly and nothing happened afterwards.

Latest posts