• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: Wallabies - Springboks @ ANZ Stadium, Sydney (23-07-2011, 11:00 GMT)

Box kicks are a important part of a scrumhalves game, they are important because they can relieve pressure off the team and off the flyhalf. Just look at Will Genia.

Genia's worst performance of the season came in the final when he did more box-kicks then normal. How can you think box-kicking is a good thing?

I'm not gonna argue about box-kicks anymore. If you think box-kicks are good then you are too stupid to argue with

Last edited:
How can you not? When executed well it relieves pressure and puts pressure on the other team.

How can you not? When executed well it relieves pressure and puts pressure on the other team.

Okay then, next rugby match you watch, please properly notice what happens as a result of each box kick. Just take note of that okay?

So you think it's good to kick possession away and just pray that you get a lucky bounce or that the opposition fullback makes mistakes?

Last edited:
Saying something like "if you disagree with me it's because you're stupid" should be punished with a permanent ban.

Never works? Next time you see a worldclass scrumhalf playing watch very carefully and then come back and comment here. [sarcasm] Calling people stupid etc. really supports your. arguments...[/sarcasm]

you know what Dan, it's people like you who should f-off out of SA and please don't support the springboks from this point onward! everyone said at the previous World Cup it's going to be won by a running game, well guess what happened? it didn't happen, just as it's not going to happen with this year's World Cup, and if the weather is going to be terrible as we all suspect it will be, then you should really reconsider your theory... and then also see how the box kicks will help teams put even more pressure on players.

my guess is you are a fat prop that didn't do much on the rugby field anyway and always wished to be a centre or a wing to get attention and laid... that's why you don't understand the pressure it puts a fullback or wing in to try and compete for the ball in the air while a huge bloke storming at you tries to rip your head off...

oh and by the way, it's no coincidence that Dan Carter has been working on his drop goals the last couple of weeks so that he can run and pass the whole time at the world cup!

You sir, are the idiot!

Last edited:
you know what Dan, it's people like you who should f-off out of SA and please don't support the springboks from this point onward! everyone said at the previous World Cup it's going to be won by a running game, well guess what happened? it didn't happen, just as it's not going to happen with this year's World Cup, and if the weather is going to be terrible as we all suspect it will be, then you should really reconsider your theory... and then also see how the box kicks will help teams put even more pressure on players.

my guess is you are a fat prop that didn't do much on the rugby field anyway and always wished to be a centre or a wing to get attention and laid... that's why you don't understand the pressure it puts a fullback or wing in to try and compete for the ball in the air while a huge bloke storming at you tries to rip your head off...

oh and by the way, it's no coincidence that Dan Carter has been working on his drop goals the last couple of weeks so that he can run and pass the whole time at the world cup!

You sir, are the idiot!

We'll just see what happens at the World Cup then :)

my guess is you are a fat prop that didn't do much on the rugby field anyway and always wished to be a centre or a wing to get attention and laid... that's why you don't understand the pressure it puts a fullback or wing in to try and compete for the ball in the air while a huge bloke storming at you tries to rip your head off...!

Oi, not all of us props are ignorant day dreamers.

I for one, would be abhored to have to play amongst the selfish, show pony backs. Imagine having to reapply make-up after every contact. Ghastly!

As for this game, more Boks have joined the injured list, in the form of Flip van de Merwe, Gio Aplon and... I can't remember, but there is one more that might not be fit for the NZ game

Oi, we backs have gotta look good ;).

Gio Aplon was supposed to be fit tho for the next match? Hurt his lowerback after that collission in air, but wasen't anything serious.

Aplon is travelling back home together with Flip van der Merwe... He won't be playing the All Blacks on Saturday

Genia's worst performance of the season came in the final when he did more box-kicks then normal. How can you think box-kicking is a good thing?

I'm not gonna argue about box-kicks anymore. If you think box-kicks are good then you are too stupid to argue with

Great way to make your point.... I for one are now convinced that your point of view is correct beyond any doubt :rolleyes:

Saying something like "if you disagree with me it's because you're stupid" should be punished with a permanent ban.

I understood that the person in question was already under a permanent ban for a spectacular final post..... despite changing his user name, his 'unique' way of expressing his 'interesting' opinions make his identity quite obvious....

Oi, not all of us props are ignorant day dreamers.

I for one, would be abhored to have to play amongst the selfish, show pony backs. Imagine having to reapply make-up after every contact. Ghastly!

As for this game, more Boks have joined the injured list, in the form of Flip van de Merwe, Gio Aplon and... I can't remember, but there is one more that might not be fit for the NZ game

I resent that. As a flyhalf I have always been very good at the breakdown and tackle area, never gel my hair. Look at the Tri-Nations forward pack, so many gel their hair! Even king Mccaw.

Well I swear on my life that I'm not a prop :) how often did du Preez box kick at the 2007 WC? If you go back and watch the 2007 RWC, we didn't actually play this conservative brand of rugby you all say won us that WC. Look at when we attacked against England in the pool match, we smashed them 36 - 0. We played conservative in the final and could have easily lost that game. Apart from the final, we actually took quite an attacking mentality into that WC

Well I swear on my life that I'm not a prop :) how often did du Preez box kick at the 2007 WC? If you go back and watch the 2007 RWC, we didn't actually play this conservative brand of rugby you all say won us that WC. Look at when we attacked against England in the pool match, we smashed them 36 - 0. We played conservative in the final and could have easily lost that game. Apart from the final, we actually took quite an attacking mentality into that WC
Until you almost lost against ... was it Fiji?

Until you almost lost against ... was it Fiji?

Hemmin, I think he is suffering an identity crisis akin to SavageLez, one moment he considers himself South African (usually when mentioning them winning), the next moment SA go go to hell as far as he is concerned.

Latest posts