England
Club or Nation
Sale
Scotland.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Ireland.png

Murrayfield, Scotland
14:00, 24/02/13

O'Gara to run 33 tries past them, score all of his conversions and defeat the ghost of William Wallace in a swordfight, armed with only a stud.

I've honestly lost interest in how Ireland do in the 6nations. The game against England gets me so depressed because there really was a win available there for us but now there's no hope of a slam, the championship is a long shot at best and Deccie refuses to pick young players when opportunities arrive. I'll still watch the match and be a bit ****** off if they lose and happy enough or maybe a bit ****** off if they win but i won't let it ruin my day like last Sunday week.

I've honestly lost interest in how Ireland do in the 6nations. The game against England gets me so depressed because there really was a win available there for us but now there's no hope of a slam, the championship is a long shot at best and Deccie refuses to pick young players when opportunities arrive. I'll still watch the match and be a bit ****** off if they lose and happy enough or maybe a bit ****** off if they win but i won't let it ruin my day like last Sunday week.

I feel exactly the same. Before and including that game when we dominated so much in 2011, we had won 7 of the last 8 games against England. Now we've lost 3 in a row, and yes I'm including the wc warm up match.
& it's not like England are much better than us, just that royal prick at the helm messing with everything.

Planet Rugby rumours suggest a youthful and Nordiefied 10-12 axis.

Don't despair lads, it's Scotland! And dare I say it, we might even be slight favorites! That means it's a Scotland loss for certain :O)

Planet Rugby rumours suggest a youthful and Nordiefied 10-12 axis.

Have you got a link?

Edit: just heard that rumour too, with Court apparently starting and ROG on the bench.

Last edited:
O'Gara to run 33 tries past them, score all of his conversions and defeat the ghost of William Wallace in a swordfight, armed with only a stud.

I came here to post a very serious analysis on the match, but I believe it's pretty much all there.

Scotland to win. We have no shot if we pick ROG if we go with Paddy we have a much better chance. We're fine at LH Court/Kilconye aren't quite as good as Healy but do their job well. 12 I'd like to see Luke Marshal if hes fit.

Scotland to win. We have no shot if we pick ROG if we go with Paddy we have a much better chance. We're fine at LH Court/Kilconye aren't quite as good as Healy but do their job well. 12 I'd like to see Luke Marshal if hes fit.

This said, Murrayfield usually poo's on anyone attempting to play actual rugby, if the two teams are of comparable strength and unless your team is New Zealand. But yeah, I know that ROG's problems are no longer not beng able to shift a backline, but are now more generally about him being fairly incompetent.

This said, I do wonder whether the extent of criticism of ROG after the England game was fair. In the conditions, was he really much worse than most other players? Sexton was under pressure when he was on as well. Meh.

This said, Murrayfield usually poo's on anyone attempting to play actual rugby, if the two teams are of comparable strength and unless your team is New Zealand. But yeah, I know that ROG's problems are no longer not beng able to shift a backline, but are now more generally about him being fairly incompetent.

This said, I do wonder whether the extent of criticism of ROG after the England game was fair. In the conditions, was he really much worse than most other players? Sexton was under pressure when he was on as well. Meh.

Yes. Turned over twice for penalties, unable to find much distance with his touchfinders, missed a penalty and offered no chance of a plan A of running rugby. Might be forgivable in and of itself, but as part of a pattern - I take that bit on what I'm told admittedly - it's a fairly good sign that he's not up to international rugby anymore.

So instead they'll be parachuting in a 21 year old for his first cap returning from an ankle injury while the media chant Radge as if they were the lost boys from Hook getting rowdy after their first ever alchopops.

hawkward.jpg

Rumour is that Paddy is starting, there is hope for Ireland ! The bookies say Ireland are slight favourites but im not sure, another coin flip really !

'Les Kiss has warned scotland not to underestimate ROG' lols.

The Ireland Team to play Scotland on Sunday, 24th February 2013 in Murrayfield, Edinburgh in the RBS 6 Nations Championship, Kick off 2:00 pm is:

(Player/club/province/international caps):
15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster/43)
14 - Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster/3)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster/122)
12 - Luke Marshall (Ballymena/Ulster)*
11 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster/36)
10 - Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster)*
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster/16)
1 - Tom Court (Ulster/29)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster/64)
3 - Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster/26)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster/92)
5 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster/25)
6 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster/11)
7 - Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster/24)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster/54) Captain

Replacements:
16 - Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster/24)
17 - David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster/4)
18 - Declan Fitzpatrick (Dungannon/Ulster/4)
19 - Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster/3)
20 - Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster/2)
21 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster/48)
22 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster/127)
23 - Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock College /Leinster/23)

so a 10-12 new cap injury recovering combo ... woo

That's not too bad at all. Pretty much what I'd have picked (few slight changes but still) pretty pleased.

Last edited:
If Paddy Jackson was on cruches I'd still have him over ROG on sunday. Luke will be fine hes next to one of the greatest centers of all time. Happy to see Fitzy back in and Earls in a position where hes useful.

Happy with those decisions. Luke Fitz to come on and score a match winning try.

However, I would love a handfull of booby right about now.

Latest posts