• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Natwest 6 Nations] Round 3 : Scotland Vs England 24/02/2018 16:45

Apparently a Scottish player shoulder checked Farrell as they were all walking in an Farrell went for him (in a push and shove kind of way, not a throwing hay makers kind of way)
Looks worse than it was because of the cramped space/how many bodies there were around there

Apparently a Scottish player shoulder checked Farrell as they were all walking in an Farrell went for him (in a push and shove kind of way, not a throwing hay makers kind of way)
Looks worse than it was because of the cramped space/how many bodies there were around there

Ah, thanks! A handbags thing!

I believe the Scottish player in question was Ryan Wilson (from Aldershot) who annoyingly tends to find himself at the centre of such incidents.

Starts a fight pre game, pokes Hughes in the eye and he's bloody English!
For shame

It's always a dubiously qualified player who comes out with "We all hate the English/I had a Scottish flag in my room/Connery's Bond would deck Craig" pre-match.
It's always one extreme or the other
Teo said he didn't even know England and Scotland had a rivalry haha

It's always one extreme or the other
Teo said he didn't even know England and Scotland had a rivalry haha

Think I prefer that!

Understand the criticism of Owens but he is consistent and always refs like this. I'm sure Jones knows this but England didn't seem to have any plan for how to deal with it.

That is a spectacular result for Scotland.
Congratulations on taking one of the biggest scalps in world rugby.
Scotland have been on the up for a while and deserving of getting results better than they were achieving.
I haven't seen the game yet (now being relocated from London to Whangarei) so I can't make any calls on the game yet but the result is very very impressive.
Hard lines for the English lads who would have been hoping for a Grand Slam, I am looking forward to seeing Eddie Jones smacked arse face as he tries to explain this one away.
For my money, the ERU were duped by a fairy tale freak win by Japan over a weak South African team.
If the ERU wanted to be unstoppable they would have dug deeper into their pockets and offered silly money to the best candidate who genuinely could make them world beaters.
Joe Schmidt.
Instead they got the Aussie clown and now look where they are... I knew Jones would get found out.
Entertainment value in front of the cameras but never a coaching career of longevity and substance.

That is a spectacular result for Scotland.
Congratulations on taking one of the biggest scalps in world rugby.
Scotland have been on the up for a while and deserving of getting results better than they were achieving.
I haven't seen the game yet (now being relocated from London to Whangarei) so I can't make any calls on the game yet but the result is very very impressive.
Hard lines for the English lads who would have been hoping for a Grand Slam, I am looking forward to seeing Eddie Jones smacked arse face as he tries to explain this one away.
For my money, the ERU were duped by a fairy tale freak win by Japan over a weak South African team.
If the ERU wanted to be unstoppable they would have dug deeper into their pockets and offered silly money to the best candidate who genuinely could make them world beaters.
Joe Schmidt.
Instead they got the Aussie clown and now look where they are... I knew Jones would get found out.
Entertainment value in front of the cameras but never a coaching career of longevity and substance.

Firstly it's the RFU, not the EFU. Secondly losing only his second game in over 2 years is hardly "being found out", otherwise every single coach in the world has been found out.

Scotland deserved the win they stopped us playing, and used out linespeed against us pulling the ball deeper alowing our defence to shoot up then quick passing widefound a corner and made ground most times, some bad defending helped them too lol.

Firstly it's the RFU, not the EFU. Secondly losing only his second game in over 2 years is hardly "being found out", otherwise every single coach in the world has been found out.

Ouch!
Somebody's bitter.
Having a look at the English comments on this thread from before the fixture commenced it's clear they saw this game as a walk over.
Getting outplayed from a pre-conceived walk over situation is getting 'found out'.
It was always going to happen.

Ouch!
Somebody's bitter.
Having a look at the English comments on this thread from before the fixture commenced it's clear they saw this game as a walk over.
Getting outplayed from a pre-conceived walk over situation is getting 'found out'.

Don't think he was bitter, he stated facts. It is the RFU, not EFU.

And losing only his 2nd game in 2 years is hardly being found out, is it?

Anyway, I thought we would win by plenty, but I'm not the only Rugby fan to make a prediction that's wrong no matter what team you support, its hardly being 'found out'. I based my prediction on the fact we normally win. Scotland played fantastic and deserved their win. No one is bitter :D

Ouch!
Somebody's bitter.

Bitter? No, just correcting you for writing nonsense. Getting found out is repeatedly losing whilst using tactics that used to win, it's not losing 1 game. However let's use your logic, Hansen was found out by the Lions then.

Hansen didn't lose the series...
Jones has lost the Grand Slam opportunity England have been building toward.
Jones is beginning his downward spiral.
The fact is the money boys at the ERU are too tight.
Oh they will splash the cash in the business world for themselves and their cronies but when it comes to getting the best that money will buy, and that is what England need and deserve in equal measure, they didn't put enough on the table to get Joe Schmidt and not just Ireland, but the rest of the world heaved a sigh of relief.
Instead they got the class clown.
Not very steady Eddie.

Hansen didn't lose the series...
Jones has lost the Grand Slam opportunity England have been building toward.
Jones is beginning his downward spiral.
The fact is the money boys at the ERU are too tight.
Oh they will splash the cash in the business world for themselves and their cronies but when it comes to getting the best that money will buy, and that is what England need and deserve in equal measure, they didn't put enough on the table to get Joe Schmidt and not just Ireland, but the rest of the world heaved a sigh of relief.
Instead they got the class clown.
Not very steady Eddie.

Hansen lost 1 game when he was supposed to whitewash the Lions, Jones lost 1 game when he was supposed to be competing for a grand slam. Hansen was found out. Also RFU.

Scotland had not scored a try against England at Murrayfield for 14 years...

14 years.

They scored 3 tries in the first half.
You got belted mate.
Man up and take it on the chin and stop crying like a baby.
You got belted by Scotland.
The English players showed poor discipline and a lack of leadership.
That's a massive step backwards.

Jones has continually failed to address England's weakness at the breakdown and Scotland belted them in that sector, in spades.
Once again his true colours are showing and the wheels are falling off the Eddie Jones circus.
Same old same old.

Pick up Joe Schmidt after Ireland win the RWC in Japan.

Jones Boy how about stop being an arrogant little prick on the wind up. And go watch the game before you comment on it.

Ouch, more bitterness from the other pommie troll on here.
I watched the highlights already.
Lots of Scottish tries and excellent play.
England looked timid.
There is no problem with the English players, they are excellent when they are properly coached.
Lancaster in 2015
Jones in 2019
Game on for the rest of the world.

Latest posts