• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

Can't see anyone obvious missing out. Maybe a couple who might be disappointed like Warr and Kelly that they can't even get a training place.

After the final I can see (assuming it stays as a 33-man squad);

Langdon for Oghre
Coles for Isiekwe (possibly Tuima)
Underhill for B.Curry or Willis
Possibly Pearson for Willis
Mitchell for Quirke
F.Smith for Atkinson
Lawrence for Northmore
Freeman for Malins
Furbank for Carpenter
Sleightholme for Roebuck

Langdon for Oghre
Coles for Isiekwe (possibly Tuima)
Underhill for B.Curry or Willis
Possibly Pearson for Willis
Mitchell for Quirke
F.Smith for Atkinson
Lawrence for Northmore
Freeman for Malins
Furbank for Carpenter
Sleightholme for Roebuck
All this looks likely - I could see Isiekwe going for the lineout, though, he's been picking them off for fun the last couple of months, depends whether they're looking to get some game into Tuima or just get him in the environment

Harsh on Roebuck as I think he offers something different to the other wingers but short of leaving Steward at home I don't see how he fits in considering the form of Sleightholme/Freeman/IFW (unless we take a bigger squad)

Edit: We took 36 players to Aus in 2022, so keep Roebuck, keep Isiekwe and keep Willis, maybe?
I'd be taking an extra tighthead along in place of one of those though - we need to be developing someone as a matter of urgency

Decent squad,
I know it's only a training squad but surprised at both Currys being there, thought there'd be none tbh
Not sure why Raffi is there, his form is poor atm
Delighted for Carpenter

Would've expected Harper to make the training squad tbh - what more can you learn about Cole in an extra week or two in camp?
Guess it confirms Cole/Stuart/Heyes as the tourists, which isn't unexpected tbh

No Daly 👀👀

Is this the first time we've remembered we actually have a pair of Currys?

Decent squad,
I know it's only a training squad but surprised at both Currys being there, thought there'd be none tbh
Not sure why Raffi is there, his form is poor atm
Delighted for Carpenter

Would've expected Harper to make the training squad tbh - what more can you learn about Cole in an extra week or two in camp?
Guess it confirms Cole/Stuart/Heyes as the tourists, which isn't unexpected tbh

No Daly 👀👀

Do we have this by position

Also on Daly i think Freeman will replace him given he also plays OC wing and FB.

Do we have this by position

Also on Daly i think Freeman will replace him given he also plays OC wing and FB.

LH: Baxter, Marler, Rodd
HK: Dan, George, Oghre
TH: Cole, Heyes
LK: Isiekwe, Itoje, Martin, Tuima
BR: Cunningham-South, B.Curry, T.Curry, Roots
N8: Dombrandt, Earl, Fisilau, Willis
SH: Quirke, Randall, van Poortvliet
FH: Atkinson, Ford, Smith,
WG: Feyi-Waboso, Roebuck, Malins
CT: Northmore, Slade
FB: Carpenter, Steward

(gone with Wing for Malins and 8 for Earl as that's where they've played most recently for England, but there's a number of players who can play multiple - with 4 x 8s in the squad I imagine one of Earl or Willis is gonna be training on the flank)

FH: Atkinson, Ford
FB: Carpenter, Steward, Smith
FTFY ;)

FH: Atkinson, Ford, Smith,
FB: Carpenter, Steward

(gone with Wing for Malins and 8 for Earl as that's where they've played most recently for England, but there's a number of players who can play multiple - with 4 x 8s in the squad I imagine one of Earl or Willis is gonna be training on the flank)

Only 2 centres so I guess Stuart Barnes will finally get his way and see Earl at 12 😉

I think we'll see 1 (perhaps even 2) back rowers drop out to make room for a couple more centres. Definitely Lawrence, maybe Dingwall too. Touring with 8 back rowers and 2 centres would just be foolish.

That, or the squad will expand to 36 once everyone's available.

I'd imagine Lawrence, Underhill and Stuart will definitely be joining from Bath with Barbeary, Spencer, Muir, Obano and Cokanasiga as possibles.

From Saints I'd expect to see Mitchell, Smith, Freeman, Furbank, Coles and Dingwall and would hope to see Sleightholme and Langdon too.

Marler, Baxter, Obano
Cole, Davison, Stuart (SB will select Tiger Heyes)
George, Dan, Langdon
Itoje, Martin, Coles, Tuima
Earl, Dombrandt, T Curry, CCS, Underhill, Roots, Ted Hill (SB will go B Curry for Hill)
Mitchell, Spencer, Randall (SB will select Tiger JVP)
Smith, Ford, Smith
Lawrence, Northmore, Slade, Dingwall
Furbank, Steward, IFW, Freeman, Roebuck, Sleightholme

Latest posts