• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2034 - what will the game look like?

spursindevon

Academy Player
So in 10 years time, what do we think the game will look like?

A 7 nations?
No more B&I Lions?
Argentina winning a world cup?
A European Championship?

Hopefully not, as A] it risks the Southern most tip of Africa being called European... again; and because 7 is too unwieldy - I'd rather see promotion and relegation between 6N and REC.
Can't see that happening - one of the few competitions that actually brings money into the game. Hopefully an expanded roster of hosts at some point, though unlikely in 10 years.
Unlikely, but anything can happen.
What does this even mean? A RWC but without NZ, SA, Aus and Arg? or a 6N + REC as exists, but with promotion & relegation? or something else?

Hopefully not, as A] it risks the Southern most tip of Africa being called European... again; and because 7 is too unwieldy - I'd rather see promotion and relegation between 6N and REC.
Can't see that happening - one of the few competitions that actually brings money into the game. Hopefully an expanded roster of hosts at some point, though unlikely in 10 years.
Unlikely, but anything can happen.
What does this even mean? A RWC but without NZ, SA, Aus and Arg? or a 6N + REC as exists, but with promotion & relegation? or something else?
I think in Europe we could have an 8 team European championship every 4 years, 2 x groups, can be hosted on rotation in Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy

Latest posts