• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: New Zealand vs. Georgia (02/10/2015)

Negatives;

1. That has to be a record handling error count for an All Black team, we looked like what we did in Sydney.

2. I wish we took Sopoaga

3. Who is our 6 cover? Kaino isn't up for it.

4. Slade and Barrett were taken for games like this and neither of them make the squad - Mistake taking both of them. We're definitely carrying Slade now.

5. Our scrum was poor, with arguably our best scrummages on.

6. We didn't select our bench properly, NMS should have been tried at Fullback and other silly subs like Vito to the wing when he obviously needed time at 6, 8 or lock.

7. Hurrying and forcing play, not playing with any composure, trying too hard, giving hospital passes, Ben Smith and Dan Carter were really guilty of this.

8. Aaron Smith not on the same page as the rest of the team

9. Dan Carter is losing stock, now his kicking boots have been left at home - Signs of this shown earlier in the year, ignored brushing it off as a one of.

Positives;

1. Our wingers looked great, scored some nice tries, Savea should've been MotM

2. Richie McCaw is outstanding, our captain will drag us through.

3. Georgia are a very physical team, this is a good hit out for us.

4. It appears we only came away with bumps and bruises, no serious injuries.

5. Fekitoa reminded us why he was there, runs some great lines and good support play - pointed this out last week.

So far more negatives than positives. I'm not convinced about a lot of aspects of our game or some ageing players, I've made this point earlier in the season and was called fickle. I think we've made a huge mistake not taking Sopoaga, what he offers at 10 is a lot more than Dan, Barrett and Slade. He's got a killer running game, kicking game and doesn't miss many off the T.

We just need to relax and stop forcing the issue and get out off the media, once again we have put too much pressure on the team and they're in the media every 2 minutes, the hype around the team is killing them - Just lay off them ffs.

i'm very proud, they're warriors on the pitch and outside of it ! kiki emoticon heart emoticon that was in 2008, war of august

12047040_762043287257563_5910644446853013315_n.jpg

So same disapointment tonight for kiwis as for french yesterday. Maybe just fear of injury for both team levelled their match vs lower teams. All big teams made one ****ty match , except ireland who didnt play italy yet, so why be afraid for NZ.

The All Blacks should limit their media exposure and marketing more.

I think the team is being suffocated and in the media WAY too much. It's unnecessary and taking the focus away from the job at hand. Hansen needs to shut this down and relax the team, the hype and the media is ridiculous in England and you just have to say - No thanks, we're not talking to you today.

Also the number of adverts they have been in has to be the highest ever in AB history, the marketing machine behind the AB's must be taking a toll on the players and getting to their head. I feel they're under too much pressure again, the team being read out at Parliament and the sending off like they're going to war has set the tone again for pressure.

Please stop the passive-aggressive trolling. What's worse is you're i-phoning it from the women's jacks in Kielys.

Actually in the Middle East buddy. And No trolling here whatever that means.

I think the team is being suffocated and in the media WAY too much. It's unnecessary and taking the focus away from the job at hand. Hansen needs to shut this down and relax the team, the hype and the media is ridiculous in England and you just have to say - No thanks, we're not talking to you today.

Also the number of adverts they have been in has to be the highest ever in AB history, the marketing machine behind the AB's must be taking a toll on the players and getting to their head. I feel they're under too much pressure again, the team being read out at Parliament and the sending off like they're going to war has set the tone again for pressure.

It's got the horrible being from NZ at RWC time. It's like you guys will all jump of a cliff if you don't win the tournament

Still rate it pretty high, as bad as we played, I don't think there's any other obviously better sides in the world. We have more world class players in areas than anyone else.

We're bad, but everyone else is worse.

So........ Like I said with the Aussie game.. Is this another game that Carter has disappeared from, without Nonu? Yes. Now his kicking is in question and we have Sopoaga sat at home... Are we relying on Barrett to kick...? Rugby lords help us...

Dan Carter is literally only in this team because of one game, and that game was because Nonu was destroying Australia.. I said our WC hinges on Nonu playing like he has all season. Hansen has so far, made a very poor decision with Sopoaga being left out.

We can't play a NH team where A. Smith, Carter, and Nonu all disappear... I don't fancy Smith vs NH teams in elimination games, he has done awful versus England, whilst a lot of people have praised the ABs.

It's got the horrible being from NZ at RWC time. It's like you guys will all jump of a cliff if you don't win the tournament

I guess you don't have to deal with that so much because the bar has always been set so low for you.

Do you think Big contracts awaiting some players in europe after WC is also a problem? MIght some have this in mind and dont give themselves fully?

ABs need to learn to respect their opponents. The amount of forced passes, handling errors etc. you won't see it against higher ranked teams. Patience is just not there. I don't see the need for quick taps from penalties. I know they are trying to speed up the game but they need allow themselves to kick it deep, reset and then launch an attack rather than running from deep in their half.

I think Steve Hanson has allowed the players to play this loose style against the weaker opposition. Actually more so let the players dictate the style so they can learn and adapt to the situations, and that is where the players have failed especially in the last 2 games. Come quarter final I think the coaching staff will come down harder on the team to play better.

Slade and Barrett both with ****les and injury history, Dan is definitely past his best and we've sat Sopoaga at home, it's shaping up to be one of the biggest selection blunders in RWC history.

Why are we making excuses already? Wait till we get knocked out first.

Why are we making excuses already? Wait till we get knocked out first.

It isn't an excuse, it's just something we can handle better and do better. They're a bloody sports team turned into a corporate marketing machine.

There's a tendency to overreact, 43-10 is a good result. For me NZ are still one the most impressive teams of the tournament so far along with France and Argentina. They were always accused of peaking too early in World Cups so perhaps this time they'll peak in the knockout stages.

The scoreline was a bit flattering due to the two late tries. The way we played for most of this game and against Namibia and Argentina makes the concerns very real. That's not to say that I don't think the All Blacks will pull it together come the knockout stages.

There's a tendency to overreact, 43-10 is a good result. For me NZ are still one the most impressive teams of the tournament so far along with France and Argentina. They were always accused of peaking too early in World Cups so perhaps this time they'll peak in the knockout stages.
Kind of agree - they all give the impression of simmering to boil, but none of them has been steady in their set piece and breakdown. Ireland and Aus have been, although a bit wobbly in their reserves.

Can't see Ireland doing it - they'll get raped at some point. Aus are a good bet. Best bet is SA.

Latest posts