• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: New Zealand vs. Georgia (02/10/2015)

Look mate, I don't really care. But it just seems like condescending BS to me.

Anyway - that was a game to forget for the ABs.

To be perfectly honest, I do not hold much hope for the ABs in this tournament.

I think the timing is wrong for them and there are other teams in the ascendency.
Whereas I think the ABs look stagnant.

He played good and was a key piece in stopping AB from destroying Georgia. If they have, I suppose some AB-player would have got the MoM.

Loling at NZ fans on Twitter getting arsey about MotM.

Don't tar all NZ fans with the same brush you apply to those w@nkers.

Many of us don't have a problem awarding MotM to the best player on the park, regardless of whether he is in the winning side or the losing side.

Personally, I would have picked McCaw, but I can see why they went for Gozilla.

Well, he didn't pick up in the knock in that led to Georgia's try either

I have not seen the georgian try, picked up the match at the end of the first half.

I have no bias on this match, just noticing that when I watched from the end of the first half, first try I see, there is an obvious forward pass involved.

Don't tar all NZ fans with the same brush you apply to those w@nkers.

Many of us don't have a problem awarding MotM to the best player on the park, regardless of whether he is in the winning side or the losing side.

Personally, I would have picked McCaw, but I can see why they went for Gozilla.

Let's face facts, you don't normally get a bloke that plays 50 mins in a team that gets a hiding getting MOTM.

but who cares anyway.
It's a nothing award at the end of the day

Boy we better figure out what's going wrong pretty quickly, cause at this rate I don't fancy our chance against France or Ireland in the quarters. At times it seemed like the players have never played with each other before.

That Georgian defence was quite impressive , they held a strong line and that pressurised the ABs in to making mistakes .. ABs seemed to be missing that fizz they will be back stronger no doubt

Boy we better figure out what's going wrong pretty quickly, cause at this rate I don't fancy our chance against France or Ireland in the quarters. At times it seemed like the players have never played with each other before.

Yep.

I detect the foul strench of a quarterfinal exit for a team wearing black if things dont change by the time the showdown comes, and come it will!!

Let's face facts, you don't normally get a bloke that plays 50 mins in a team that gets a hiding getting MOTM.

but who cares anyway.
It's a nothing award at the end of the day
It's not nothing - everyone outside of NZ had a ******* good laugh.

Good recovery by the ABs in last quarter. Replacements got a hold of the scrum, attacked the lineout more, and more space for the midfield and back three to gallop. Still not convinced by their maul. McCaw: "Aah, nothing a bit of ice won't fix."

Seen a lot of talk on social media about a Sam Cane neck roll? Apparently pretty bad
Didn't see it myself, anyone notice it?

Look mate, I don't really care. But it just seems like condescending BS to me.

Anyway - that was a game to forget for the ABs.

To be perfectly honest, I do not hold much hope for the ABs in this tournament.

I think the timing is wrong for them and there are other teams in the ascendency.
Whereas I think the ABs look stagnant.

What?? The timing is wrong? Lol. We have one of the most deep and stacked teams in the history of the WC.... There are literally zero excuses. The only one that should be used, and at this rate, will be used, is "they were better than us on the day".

Seen a lot of talk on social media about a Sam Cane neck roll? Apparently pretty bad

Last couple of minutes of the match, it wasn't that bad. Both players were quite close to the ground, and it was more upper shoulders than neck, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a citing given they've clamped down on it lately.

Wow how average were the AB's? How do you Kiwis rate your chances now?

The worrying thing for the AB's is how absolutely terribly off-form most of their top players are. Read looking distinctly average, Aaron Smith frustrated and playing poorly, Kaino playing badly, Dan Carter is half the player he once was, and the front row? Absolute dross. Ireland, France and the Saffers would scrum you into the ground.

This isn't just this game either. You guys haven't hit the heights you should of for a long time.

Am I being too harsh or do you guys fear for the AB's prospects too?

How many knock ons were there tonight?

What?? The timing is wrong? Lol. We have one of the most deep and stacked teams in the history of the WC.... There are literally zero excuses. The only one that should be used, and at this rate, will be used, is "they were better than us on the day".

Precisely my point. I think other teams are in the ascendency and the ABs have plateaued. Or even slightly dropped in form

I think they've got their bad game out of the way tbh ! I can defo see NZ v France Quarter Final in Cardiff happening again though

Poor performance from the AB's, still seem really rusty and not playing at all to their potential. Ireland or France will be licking their lips at playing them with their current form to be honest

Need to find some form against Tonga or we could be heading home early from this WC

It's a concern how many of our top players are looking rather flat at the moment. Kaino was mostly absent today. Considering the immensely high expectations Read had set, he also looks like he is in a bit of a rut. Same thing could be said about Ben Smith. The fact that we aren't shouting BEN SMUTH all that often anymore is a bit of a concern. Savea is starting to find a bit of form but still no where near as good as he was last year. And DC and Aaron Smith had a shocker today.

The worrying thing for the AB's is how absolutely terribly off-form most of their top players are. Read looking distinctly average, Aaron Smith frustrated and playing poorly, Kaino playing badly, Dan Carter is half the player he once was, and the front row? Absolute dross. Ireland, France and the Saffers would scrum you into the ground.

This isn't just this game either. You guys haven't hit the heights you should of for a long time.

Am I being too harsh or do you guys fear for the AB's prospects too?

How many knock ons were there tonight?
Please stop the passive-aggressive trolling. What's worse is you're i-phoning it from the women's jacks in Kielys.

I saw it, and it wasn't pretty.

He will be lucky not to be cited or given a citing commisioner warning, i.e. a post match yellow card

Latest posts